First of all, as always - a few house keeping items:
- If you're NEW here I've created a few tutorials to help you out. You can click on the links above or: See "Getting Started" and "Tutorials"
- To see all the past weekly challenges - click the tabs above (they are updated sporadically, please bear with me)
- Please grab the button for the Weekly Challenge (on the right sidebar) to display on your blogs! share the fun!
- The limit of submissions to the slideshow is TWO, but please feel free to post as many as you like to your blogs. A note about entering your images for the slideshows: Those of you without blogs or image sharing sites like flickr or picasa, please continue to email your images to weeklychallenge at mail dot com (not gmail, just mail). Everyone else - Please PLEASE PLEASE submit your SITE SPECIFIC URL in the linkey machine. I understand if sometimes you forget, that's fine. Compiling the slideshows is a lot of work, so any help in this regard is appreciated. Also, please do not use the Weekly Challenge as a way to drive traffic to your website if you are not participating. not cool.
- i have set up a newsletter, sorta. You can subscribe to it HERE or in the Subscribe tab above! Now, the idea for this newsletter is NOT to send one each Monday before the challenges. That is too much work. But i thought it might try to write a newsletter once a month-ish... Frankly, people kept asking me if i had a newsletter, so i thought i'd give it a try.
- I know that some of you have told me that the paypal button does not work, and some of you have had no trouble, i'm not sure why it's inconsistent, I've just redone the code...again.... If all else fails you can donate to my paypal address which is madam_diva (a t) yahoo (d o t) com
Hello my Tangly friends!!
I hope you all had a great week and are ready to tangle....
First, let's catch up on all the slideshows that went live this week! In case you missed them:
Weekly Challenge #141: DuoTangle Quandry Vs Fengle
Weekly Challenge #142: Comfort/Danger Zone
Weekly Challenge #143: UMT Cruze
Weekly Challenge #144: A Bug's Life
Weekly Challenge #145: New Tangle: Quib
Weekly Challenge #146: DuoTangle Peanuckle Vs Well
Also, i have some posts up on the Artist Cellar Blog if you care to pop over... my time there is almost over! My last post will be on February 28th!
Creating an Underpainting
Happy New Year
Just Make Art
This week was pretty cold, and i'm not going to lie - winter is hard in the Skatch.
I know that a lot of places in North America were dealing with way below normal temperatures, and something called Polar Vortex? Anyway, dealing with temperatures of -50C (-58F) is not something that is NORMAL in Saskatchewan, but it's certainly not unheard of, either.
That being said, there is a lot of Cabin Fever that happens when skin freezes in less than five minutes. Especially when said cabin is home to two small boys.
So, the first nice day we had, we
Chewie also had a playdate with a friend from school this weekend, so we made some Star Wars cookies and and had some blue milk.
Sunday morning was pretty lazy, and the boys helped me make some pancakes for breakfast. They were both pretty proud that they helped, and they made sure to tell their dad at breakfast that they did the stirring.
This week B-rad celebrated his birthday. Unfortunately he wasn't feeling very well, so it was low-key day for us. I painted a bit in the studio and he played some video games then we went to bed.
We had a big family supper on Sunday at my parents', though, a combination of his birthday and Christmas. My brother's family was in New Mexico over Christmas, so it was the first chance we had for all of us to get together... but Christmas is now officially done. phew!
B-rad liked his cake. :)
Weekly Challenge #150: One Little WordI know that the i said that this week would be the UMT challenge that should have been last week, but i figured that my blog = my rules, and what's the fun of being the boss if you can't bend the rules?? Stay tuned for a UMT challenge in the near future....
Around the internet arting/crafting world you may see people talking about their one little word for the year. One Little Word started (i believe) on Ali Edwards website and she offers an online course you can take... My understanding is that you pick one word that you want to be your focus for the year. I've not taken any of her courses, so i could be wrong, but last year i picked a word: "Emergence" which means the process of being seen or coming into ones own self.
This year, my word or focus is "Open"
It's so perfect for me. I think.
Have you picked a word for 2014? Maybe you'd like to?
The challenge for this week is to do a tile or ZIA based on your One Little Word! If you don't want to pick a word for the year - the please feel free to do your challenge submission inspired by the word "open!"
If you have a blog, add the site-specific URL where your tile is posted to the linkey machine below! Don't forget to link back here so that others can join in the fun! (if you don't know how to find this, you can see my half assed tutorial here) Also, please feel free to come back often and visit the links of those people on the linkey machine - don't forget to leave a comment or feedback, everyone loves feedback. ;)
If you don't have a blog but still want to participate, you can email your tile to me and i will put it in the slideshow. (send submissions to: weeklychallenge at mail.com) [not gmail, just mail]. I just ask that you put in the subject line: Challenge # ________
The deadline for each weekly challenge is Saturday night so that i can round everyone up by Sunday. What this means is that i will stop adding tiles to the slideshow on Sunday. You're still more than welcome to do the challenges and add your name to the linkey machine. - although to be honest the deadline is pretty forgiving.
I will be more diligent with the linkey machine - by editing out the ones that don't work, the doubles, the links that lead to nowhere, the links that go just to blog home pages (this is why we need those site specific urls), and the spam. And there is some spam. PLEASE do not put your *home* page in the linkey machine... please? for me??