Monday, January 27, 2014

Weekly Challenge #152

Happy Monday everyone!
First of all, as always - a few house keeping items:
  • If you're NEW here I've created a few tutorials to help you out. You can click on the links above or:   See "Getting Started" and "Tutorials"
  • To see all the past weekly challenges - click the tabs above (they are updated sporadically, please bear with me)
  • Please grab the button for the Weekly Challenge (on the right sidebar) to display on your blogs! share the fun!
  • The limit of submissions to the slideshow is TWO, but please feel free to post as many as you like to your blogs. A note about entering your images for the slideshows: Those of you without blogs or image sharing sites like flickr or picasa, please continue to email your images to weeklychallenge at mail dot com (not gmail, just mail). Everyone else - Please PLEASE PLEASE submit your SITE SPECIFIC URL in the linkey machine. I understand if sometimes you forget, that's fine. Compiling the slideshows is a lot of work, so any help in this regard is appreciated. Also, please do not use the Weekly Challenge as a way to drive traffic to your website if you are not participating. not cool.
  • i have set up a newsletter, sorta. You can subscribe to it HERE or in the Subscribe tab above! Now, the idea for this newsletter is NOT to send one each Monday before the challenges. That is too much work.  But i thought it might try to write a newsletter once a month-ish... Frankly, people kept asking me if i had a newsletter, so i thought i'd give it a try.
  • I know that some of you have told me that the paypal button does not work, and some of you have had no trouble, i'm not sure why it's inconsistent, I've just redone the code...again.... If all else fails you can donate to my paypal address which is madam_diva (a t) yahoo (d o t) com
Hello my Tangly friends!!
I hope you all had a great week and are ready to tangle.... let's get right to it and make this week short and sweet!

I just wanted to say a HUGE thank you for those of you who participated in last week's Moebius Syndrome Awareness Challenge, and to everyone who wore purple in support of Artoo and our family!!  Thank you so much!!!

Thank You!! 
Weekly Challenge #152: New Official Tangle Aquafleur
a few weeks ago, Rick and Maria release a New Official Tangle to the world via their free newsletter (sign up here)

i've been aware of this tangle for a while, as the CZTs get a bit of  head start on official tangles.  I've yet to master it, as well i've yet to master the new Renaissance Tiles.... but i have to say i'm kinda happy with how my tile turned out.

The step outs to this tangle can be found HERE

The challenge is to try out the new tangle! 
Happy Tangling!!
If you have a blog, add the site-specific URL where your tile is posted to the linkey machine below! Don't forget to link back here so that others can join in the fun! (if you don't know how to find this, you can see my half assed tutorial here) Also, please feel free to come back often and visit the links of those people on the linkey machine - don't forget to leave a comment or feedback, everyone loves feedback. ;) 
If you don't have a blog but still want to participate, you can email your tile to me and i will put it in the slideshow. (send submissions to: weeklychallenge at mail.com[not gmail, just mail]. I just ask that you put in the subject line: Challenge # ________ 
The deadline for each weekly challenge is Saturday night so that i can round everyone up by Sunday. What this means is that i will stop adding tiles to the slideshow on Sunday. You're still more than welcome to do the challenges and add your name to the linkey machine. - although to be honest the deadline is pretty forgiving.
 I will be more diligent with the linkey machine - by editing out the ones that don't work, the doubles, the links that lead to nowhere, the links that go just to blog home pages (this is why we need those site specific urls), and the spam. And there is some spam. PLEASE do not put your *home* page in the linkey machine... please? for me??

29 comments:

  1. I so love your tile! I am intrigued by your use of color in the past two challenges! Your family is amazing! Thanks for all you do for us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how the main aquafleur tangle pops out on your tile. Really enjoying following your blog and the challenges you set for us. Many thanks x

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful tile Laura, and a fantastic picture of your family! It really made me smile. Great piece of artwork in the background too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love to see you and your family so happy :) Makes me smile every time.
    That tangle really was fun. Aquafleur is a beautiful tangle and I tried to set it up like a underwater flower with waving petals.

    All the best to you all,
    Filia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great photo (and a fantastic wall picture behind you too!) and a super tile. I think Aquafleur is beautiful though my own contribution is a bit on the soggy side, I fear, due to my bad cold's influence! Axxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great family photo, and beautiful tile! Did you do the art on the wall behind you in the pic? Very colorful piece!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sue,
      thank you! i wish i made the piece behind me. it's by Alex Grey and the piece is called "Net of Being"

      Delete
  7. OOPs - the entry with (owls) in brackets should be deleted! Sorry about that, Laura. The entry above that is the one that should be there!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the Challenge I have been meaning to try this pattern but just haven't got around to it. So thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay!! I've finally managed to submit a tile to the Diva Challenge!!! :-D
    Thanks so much for posting! You'll be hearing more from me. ;-)

    Oh, btw, your link just above the comments that says: "Learn more about The Diva's Weekly Zentangle Challenge here." doesn't really lead anywhere... Thought I could put a link to that page on my blog for people who don't know about the challenge.

    Learn more about The Diva's Weekly Zentangle Challenge here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks. i've been trying to change this, but it's hidden in the linkey machine code. :(
      try this link http://iamthedivaczt.blogspot.ca/p/challenge-getting-started.html

      Delete
  10. I accidently added my Challenge Week #2 to the wrong one,I am sorry, I thought it was going to #2.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Laura, thanks for this challenge. I really love Aquafleur, and this gave me a chance to play around with it some more. Love the picture of all of you; it imparts such a sense of fun and family. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just submitted my first ever tile for the challenges. Thank you for providing them! So many inspiring works each week.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just looked at all the tiles up til mine, and now I'm out of time. I just wanted to say to everyone...WOW! this is a striking pattern. I didn't love it at first, but it's much more versatile than I thought. It is worth some trial.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love Aquafleur! This is only my 2nd time to play with the Diva but I am going to make a real effort to try each challenge. Thank you for providing this means of practice our tangling!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy to be back again - I was on vacation with the grandkids so I missed the last two. So glad to be back!!! Aquafleur is fun.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Laura Your Aquafleur is beautiful!! And so is that awesome family pic!!! Did you create that artwork on the wall behind you in the picture? It's amazing too! As always, you are awesome and thank you for keeping us Zen in this Tangled World!!! xo :0) Share Humanity

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Annette! i wish!! LOL the artist is Alex Grey and the piece is called "Net of Being"

      Delete
  17. Oh Aquafleur, how you make me think of warmer weather!

    ReplyDelete
  18. My first time joining in the challenge, I hope I've done it right :o) It was fun trying a the new tangle! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi - first time posting here, I hope I did it right. Thanks for all the work you do here

    ReplyDelete
  20. FINALLY finished this. Used a watercolor wash (I guess the name of the tangle inspired me to). Hope you like it!

    ReplyDelete
  21. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  22. I just heard about your site from a friend who participated in this challenge. I am a newbie at Zentangle, but decided to try Aquafleur out today. This is such a great tangle; it will definitely take a little time to master but can be used in so many ways! Gorgeous tile, by the way, and loved seeing everyone's version of it.

    ReplyDelete

tangle me some zen, baby!!