Monday, February 3, 2014

Weekly Challenge #153

Happy Monday everyone!
First of all, as always - a few house keeping items:
  • If you're NEW here I've created a few tutorials to help you out. You can click on the links above or:   See "Getting Started" and "Tutorials"
  • To see all the past weekly challenges - click the tabs above (they are updated sporadically, please bear with me)
  • Please grab the button for the Weekly Challenge (on the right sidebar) to display on your blogs! share the fun!
  • The limit of submissions to the slideshow is TWO, but please feel free to post as many as you like to your blogs. A note about entering your images for the slideshows: Those of you without blogs or image sharing sites like flickr or picasa, please continue to email your images to weeklychallenge at mail dot com (not gmail, just mail). Everyone else - Please PLEASE PLEASE submit your SITE SPECIFIC URL in the linkey machine. I understand if sometimes you forget, that's fine. Compiling the slideshows is a lot of work, so any help in this regard is appreciated. Also, please do not use the Weekly Challenge as a way to drive traffic to your website if you are not participating. not cool.
  • i have set up a newsletter, sorta. You can subscribe to it HERE or in the Subscribe tab above! Now, the idea for this newsletter is NOT to send one each Monday before the challenges. That is too much work.  But i thought it might try to write a newsletter once a month-ish... Frankly, people kept asking me if i had a newsletter, so i thought i'd give it a try.
  • I know that some of you have told me that the paypal button does not work, and some of you have had no trouble, i'm not sure why it's inconsistent, I've just redone the code...again.... If all else fails you can donate to my paypal address which is madam_diva (a t) yahoo (d o t) com
Hello my Tangly friends!!
A quick bit of news.  I announced it in my newsletter and also my facebook page this week:

I was asked by Maria Thomas and Rick Roberts to be a speaker for the 15th CZT training seminar in June!!  it still feel surreal, but i'm very excited!! :D

My plan is to teach lots this year to help pay for my expenses!! I'm on my way - i was lucky enough to do a private lesson for my friend Tara and her mother in law (hi Rena!) on Saturday night.  We had a great time tangling, and sipping on amazing canadian wine. mm. I, of course, did NOT take pictures.  Again!! sigh.  trust me, it was fun and they both did amazing.

It's Sunday night, as i'm writing this blog post - and currently i am battling a migraine headache.  It's been pretty bad - i spent some time with a bag of frozen peas at the base of my neck and my feet in a hot bathtub, and since light sensitivity is a problem for me i have been hiding in my bedroom in the dark.  If you could see me now, you would laugh.  I'm sitting on my bed, lights off, with my laptop screen dimmed as far as it will go, and wearing sunglasses.  even with that, i'm squinting to keep out most of the light.

Having said all that, i'll get on with this week's challenge.

Weekly Challenge #153: UMT v.24 "Jailed Johnny - by Sadelle Wiltshire, CZT"

For those of you who don't know, the first Monday of the month, is a UMT Challenge (Use My Tangle), where the challenge is to learn and use a tangle created by one of you!  It's awesome for me, because i don't have time to try all the new tangles i see on the web on a regular basis.  This challenge makes sure i'm at least learning ONE new tangle a month...

if you have a tangle you'd like to submit, please follow this link for the guidelines for submissions.  Each month's tangle is chosen at random bywww.random.org 


This week's challenge is to try Sadelle's tangle: Jailed Johnny.  You can find the step-out instructions HERE on her blog.

Due to tonight's migraine fiasco i'll be trying it out later this week.
Happy Tangling!!
If you have a blog, add the site-specific URL where your tile is posted to the linkey machine below! Don't forget to link back here so that others can join in the fun! (if you don't know how to find this, you can see my half assed tutorial here) Also, please feel free to come back often and visit the links of those people on the linkey machine - don't forget to leave a comment or feedback, everyone loves feedback. ;) 
If you don't have a blog but still want to participate, you can email your tile to me and i will put it in the slideshow. (send submissions to: weeklychallenge at mail.com[not gmail, just mail]. I just ask that you put in the subject line: Challenge # ________ 
The deadline for each weekly challenge is Saturday night so that i can round everyone up by Sunday. What this means is that i will stop adding tiles to the slideshow on Sunday. You're still more than welcome to do the challenges and add your name to the linkey machine. - although to be honest the deadline is pretty forgiving.
 I will be more diligent with the linkey machine - by editing out the ones that don't work, the doubles, the links that lead to nowhere, the links that go just to blog home pages (this is why we need those site specific urls), and the spam. And there is some spam. PLEASE do not put your *home* page in the linkey machine... please? for me??

15 comments:

  1. Migraine is such a pain in the butt! I hope you'll feel better real soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor you, get better real soon. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are amazing that you still took the time to entertain us, with a weekly challenge!!! I hope your headache is gone! Those can last for days! Be Well! :0) Share Humanity

    ReplyDelete
  4. Laura, congrats on the Keynote gig at Seminar and hope that migraine is gone by now! Yikes.

    And Omigosh! You chose my old tangle from Seminar! I created that tangle at CZT7 in Oct of 2011 while in the throes of a cold-induced brain fog, but I sure had fun with it! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you're feeling better today!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. BTDT, Ms. Laura. Hope your migraines get better with time. Best wishes to you and all your boys.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on the speaking gig at the czt seminar! So glad for you! Hope that pesky migraine is over!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is my first Challenge. Nervous. I loved doing the tangle.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I feel your pain. I am a fellow migraine sufferer and I hope you have many healthy, migraine free days, weeks, months, and years!
    This is the first week I have finished the challenge before the week was done, so I'm excited to get started participating in the challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  10. had fun doing this one! added a red background since I thought that Jailed Johnny looked a little like squished hearts.. and well, V-day is near.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I did one! I've been lurking for a while, but this is the first one I did :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a great name for a fun tangle.... thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Found this SO difficult but didn't want to not take part - it's such a great thing to do. Thank you - and do hope you're feeling much better now. Axxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Laura, I hope that by now you are totally migraine free. My husband gets migraines, and I know how much he suffers with them. I really played around with Jailed Johnny. It may be unrecognizable in my tile. But it's there.

    ReplyDelete
  15. It's nice to see so many people 'jumping in' and doing their first tangle challenge. I'm a bit of a noob too :-)

    ReplyDelete

tangle me some zen, baby!!