Monday, February 10, 2014

Weekly Challenge #154

Happy Monday everyone!
First of all, as always - a few house keeping items:
  • If you're NEW here I've created a few tutorials to help you out. You can click on the links above or:   See "Getting Started" and "Tutorials"
  • To see all the past weekly challenges - click the tabs above (they are updated sporadically, please bear with me)
  • Please grab the button for the Weekly Challenge (on the right sidebar) to display on your blogs! share the fun!
  • The limit of submissions to the slideshow is TWO, but please feel free to post as many as you like to your blogs. A note about entering your images for the slideshows: Those of you without blogs or image sharing sites like flickr or picasa, please continue to email your images to weeklychallenge at mail dot com (not gmail, just mail). Everyone else - Please PLEASE PLEASE submit your SITE SPECIFIC URL in the linkey machine. I understand if sometimes you forget, that's fine. Compiling the slideshows is a lot of work, so any help in this regard is appreciated. Also, please do not use the Weekly Challenge as a way to drive traffic to your website if you are not participating. not cool.
  • i have set up a newsletter, sorta. You can subscribe to it HERE or in the Subscribe tab above! Now, the idea for this newsletter is NOT to send one each Monday before the challenges. That is too much work.  But i thought it might try to write a newsletter once a month-ish... Frankly, people kept asking me if i had a newsletter, so i thought i'd give it a try.
  • I know that some of you have told me that the paypal button does not work, and some of you have had no trouble, i'm not sure why it's inconsistent, I've just redone the code...again.... If all else fails you can donate to my paypal address which is madam_diva (a t) yahoo (d o t) com
Hello my Tangly friends!!
Thank you for all you kind wishes this week.  Thankfully my migraine was gone by mid-afternoon on Monday.

The cutest little clown you ever did see
Last week was a fairly arty week - the boys and I had some fun with big sheets of packing paper.

Artoo's chubby little hands - this is the "Map" we made together
 Chewie and i also made his Cards for the Valentine's day party at school this week.  You can read all about how we made them on my Artistcellar post here

B-rad also had a work function last weekend, so the boys and i had a pyjama party and watched a movie together - and everyone stayed up past their bedtime!!

Pyjama parties are the most fun when glowsticks are involved. 
Weekly Challenge #154: "Valentangle"
Friday is Valentine's Day!!

First off, how awesome and perfect is the term "Valentangle"? Pretty darn awesome.  I absolutely cannot take credit for the verbage - it comes from fellow CZT Nancy Lubin - but it's perfect for this week's challenge...

...which is to take some inspiration from Valentine's Day!  What does it make you think of? Love, hearts, the colours red and pink, chocolate, roses, cupid, arrows, or kisses?
 On this black tile, i used a variety of Sakura Moonlight pens, they work amazingly well on the black paper.  Love.
I'm quite happy with how this one turned out - i just used my Pigma Microns in black, brown, and red - and a bit of Soap Stone pencil for highlighting.

Happy Heart Day to you all this weekend!!
Happy Tangling!!
If you have a blog, add the site-specific URL where your tile is posted to the linkey machine below! Don't forget to link back here so that others can join in the fun! (if you don't know how to find this, you can see my half assed tutorial here) Also, please feel free to come back often and visit the links of those people on the linkey machine - don't forget to leave a comment or feedback, everyone loves feedback. ;) 
If you don't have a blog but still want to participate, you can email your tile to me and i will put it in the slideshow. (send submissions to: weeklychallenge at mail.com[not gmail, just mail]. I just ask that you put in the subject line: Challenge # ________ 
The deadline for each weekly challenge is Saturday night so that i can round everyone up by Sunday. What this means is that i will stop adding tiles to the slideshow on Sunday. You're still more than welcome to do the challenges and add your name to the linkey machine. - although to be honest the deadline is pretty forgiving.
 I will be more diligent with the linkey machine - by editing out the ones that don't work, the doubles, the links that lead to nowhere, the links that go just to blog home pages (this is why we need those site specific urls), and the spam. And there is some spam. PLEASE do not put your *home* page in the linkey machine... please? for me??
i've been having some trouble with the linkey code, please let me know if it's not working...


24 comments:

  1. Wow, Laura, these tiles are very impressive. Especially the sond one.
    Thanks for another great challenge and also thanks for the photo.s of the little guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy valentangle! I enjoyed trying one more for the holiday. Thanks again Laura for giving me something wonderful to wake up for, early on Monday morning. I really love your tiles and lucky are the ones who get one on Feb 14th!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Valentangles are lovely. Also your son's school Valentine cards are super cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The was a fun challenge to do! Thanks for all you do.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oooops! Sorry Laura, I put the wrong URL on # 18. I was going to do a reference to that in my Challenge but then accidentally put it in the link machine. Can you please erase #18? Sorry :0/ Oh, i love your Valentangles !!! beautiful!! I'm gonna have to get some renaissance tiles! They're so admirable!!!! HUGS!! :0) Share Humanity

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Okay, Laura, every time I scroll down to get to the names and look at everybody's work, I pass up Artoo's chubby lil' hands and I just want to chew those little guys up!! they are so squishable and snugly!! I have a thing for hands, especially little ones like that!!! Anyway,I just had to share that with you!! You have such a lovable little family. God Bless You! :0) Share Humanity

      Delete
  6. Thank you for all the work you put into the challenge Laura! NancyD

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous tiles Laura...love love love!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super photos of your lovely creative day with your gorgeous boys, Laura!
    I think I'm just about out of hearts, roses and all things lovely...I shall have to think about this one! But do it, I shall!
    Axxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Also meant to say that I love your Renaissance tile here!! Axxx

      Delete
  9. Laura... It looks like you're pajama party was so much fun with your adorable boys! I agree... Glow sticks are a MUST! I love your term, "Valentangle!" So clever! Your art is beautiful and inspiring, as always! I so look forward to seeing what the challenge of the week is! Thank you for the time and effort you put into this. I am excited to meet you when I attend CZT #15. I am so happy that you'll be presenting! Have a lovely Valentangle's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your tiles are beautiful Laura! I could draw hearts for days. Thanks for the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your tiles! They are awesome! I also love the photos of your pajama party. What a lucky bunch of boys to have you as their mom!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your second tile! The shading is awesome, it really looks like they are off the page.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great challenge as always, and for the first time I submitted twice. I would especially love for you to see my second post, Laura, as it means a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awesome tiles and imaginative, creative name for the challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Especially like your one of the Renaissance tile. I have not used a lot of the Moonlight pens. I have used the Metallic Gelly Roll pens. Enjoy all the Dares.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely dimensionality in your tan tile! Isn't it too bad those sparkly and metallic pens dont' show up well?

    ReplyDelete
  17. It has been forever since I tangled. Felt good to be able to do a challenge and make valentines! Happy Valentines Day!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Well, I managed to post my Valentangle while it's still Valentine's Day. At least it is here in Arizona. Love your tan tile. And as always, love the pix of you and the boys. Looks like you had a fun pajama party. Happy Valentine's Day, all.

    ReplyDelete
  19. took a little longer to get this one done, but alas... it's done!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Sorry this is late. Valentines was a bad week for me. I want to thank you though for the challenges you put up for us to do!! I combined Bright Owl Challenge 91 with your Valentines Challenge. Hope that's okay. Thank you again!

    ReplyDelete

tangle me some zen, baby!!