Monday, March 3, 2014

Weekly Challenge #157

Happy Monday everyone!
First of all, as always - a few house keeping items:
  • If you're NEW here I've created a few tutorials to help you out. You can click on the links above or:   See "Getting Started" and "Tutorials"
  • To see all the past weekly challenges - click the tabs above (they are updated sporadically, please bear with me)
  • Please grab the button for the Weekly Challenge (on the right sidebar) to display on your blogs! share the fun!
  • The limit of submissions to the slideshow is TWO, but please feel free to post as many as you like to your blogs. A note about entering your images for the slideshows: Those of you without blogs or image sharing sites like flickr or picasa, please continue to email your images to weeklychallenge at mail dot com (not gmail, just mail). Everyone else - Please PLEASE PLEASE submit your SITE SPECIFIC URL in the linkey machine. I understand if sometimes you forget, that's fine. Compiling the slideshows is a lot of work, so any help in this regard is appreciated. Also, please do not use the Weekly Challenge as a way to drive traffic to your website if you are not participating. not cool.
  • i have set up a newsletter, sorta. You can subscribe to it HERE or in the Subscribe tab above! Now, the idea for this newsletter is NOT to send one each Monday before the challenges. That is too much work.  But i thought it might try to write a newsletter once a month-ish... Frankly, people kept asking me if i had a newsletter, so i thought i'd give it a try.
  • I know that some of you have told me that the paypal button does not work, and some of you have had no trouble, i'm not sure why it's inconsistent, I've just redone the code...again.... If all else fails you can donate to my paypal address which is madam_diva (a t) yahoo (d o t) com
Hello my Tangly friends!!

I had a pretty long adventure packed weekend. how was yours?

Thursday night, B-rad and i were able to get out and see my brother's band, he's on the right - playing the bass... i haven't seen him play in a band for almost 10 years, and i was very impressed.  He's very good!! He's also moving back to Victoria, BC next week.  :(

Slappa da bass!
 The Friday morning, i surprised Chewie with a trip to Edmonton, AB to visit some friends and to go to the Harry Potter Exhibit at the Science Centre.  He was pretty stoked....

Chewie and Xavier standing in front of an actual prop from the first Harry Potter Movie
where Harry, Ron and Hermione have to play a huge game of Wizards Chess
 It was really nice to have a weekend with just Chewie.  Because of Artoo's health stuff, we tend to spend a lot of time and energy on him, and not Chewie.... he rarely gets one on one time.  He and Xavier didn't really remember each other, it's been almost 2 years since they've seen each other, but they were instant friends and spent a lot of the weekend imagining these amazing battles and playing starwars, and so much laughing.  at one point, Chewie was overheard laughing and saying; "You're my funniest friend, ever."  good times.
Fun House mirrors are funny.

Chewie and Fawkes the Phoenix
 It was really great to spend some time bonding with him.  He's really such a sweetheart, when the mood strikes him. ;)

As fun as the trip was, it sure is nice to be home and to sleep in my own bed, and to be surrounded by all of my boys.

Weekly Challenge #157: "UMT - Charlie"

For those of you who don't know, the first Monday of the month, is a UMT Challenge (Use My Tangle), where the challenge is to learn and use a tangle created by one of you! It's awesome for me, because i don't have time to try all the new tangles i see on the web on a regular basis. This challenge makes sure i'm at least learning ONE new tangle a month...

if you have a tangle you'd like to submit, please follow this link for the guidelines for submissions. Each month's tangle is chosen at random by www.random.org

This week's challenge is to try Erin Olson's tangle: Charlie. You can find the step-out instructions HERE on her blog.


Good luck and happy tangling!

If you have a blog, add the site-specific URL where your tile is posted to the linkey machine below! Don't forget to link back here so that others can join in the fun! (if you don't know how to find this, you can see my half assed tutorial here) Also, please feel free to come back often and visit the links of those people on the linkey machine - don't forget to leave a comment or feedback, everyone loves feedback. ;) 
If you don't have a blog but still want to participate, you can email your tile to me and i will put it in the slideshow. (send submissions to: weeklychallenge at mail.com[not gmail, just mail]. I just ask that you put in the subject line: Challenge # ________ 
The deadline for each weekly challenge is Saturday night so that i can round everyone up by Sunday. What this means is that i will stop adding tiles to the slideshow on Sunday. You're still more than welcome to do the challenges and add your name to the linkey machine. - although to be honest the deadline is pretty forgiving.
 I will be more diligent with the linkey machine - by editing out the ones that don't work, the doubles, the links that lead to nowhere, the links that go just to blog home pages (this is why we need those site specific urls), and the spam. And there is some spam. PLEASE do not put your *home* page in the linkey machine... please? for me??

Sorry folks, i've been having some issues with the linkey machine. hopefully it's working now.

17 comments:

  1. I have a tile but there is not a linky....that is okay see you later today! I love your tile! and I love the fun of Charlie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the tangles you used with "Charlie!" Looks very whimsical, just like Charlie Brown :)

    Here's my submission: http://theinkyartist.blogspot.com/2014/03/weekly-challenge-157-odd-imperfect.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought it was weird that I was getting new comments on Charlie this morning and then I saw that it had been chosen for the UMT challenge! Thanks Laura for all you do and for bringing us new and exciting challenges each week. Your the best! I better get to tangling!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Laura for again a challenge and .... a great one with a great tangle.
    Also thanks for sharing your story off the great time you had with Chewie, you're right, that's so very important (and fun)!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's nice to have those little get aways!! Looks like you had a lot of fun! Thanks for sharing!! Love your tile!! I like the string you used too! Have an awesome week! And a great big thanks for keeping us tangling!! :0) Share Humanity

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so glad about your challenges. So you take the decision for me where to start and with which tangles. Great work your homepage. Thank you for sharing your fun with Chewie.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mmh, I don't know why my link is sticking out in green. Is there something I did wrong? Or why is it green? That's not like me, to stick out.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Laura, those mirrors always give a good giggle!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great that your oldest got some special attention; I'm sure he loved it. As always, I enjoy the new challenge, and am always so inspired by the wonderful submissions. This is great!! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for this Challenge. Not only did I use Charlie but all the other patterns I used I have never used before.
    Thanx so much!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh wow! What a fun challenge. Thank you!!! i was very inspired by all the other participants this week. Thank you all too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Finally got this done and posted. Now to look at all the tiles and ZIAs that others have posted. Enjoy participating in the Challenges. Thanks for keeping them going.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Charlie was not my very best friend, but in the end we managed to find a way ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. This wasn't working just 5 min ago, so I emailed this as well. Now to peek at what others did!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi! Just joined - am a total techno phobe and don't know if i added the right URL??!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I didn't think I liked Charlie until I did this challenge. The overall piece ended up a lot "bolder" than my usuals and I really like it now!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sounds great, I love challenges. I wish everyone would read this and try challenge. This is an excellent post. Beautiful pictures as well. Thanks for the new challenges. Keep it up. I will keep checking your blog.

    ReplyDelete

tangle me some zen, baby!!