Monday, March 10, 2014

Weekly Challenge #158

Happy Monday everyone!
First of all, as always - a few house keeping items:
  • If you're NEW here I've created a few tutorials to help you out. You can click on the links above or:   See "Getting Started" and "Tutorials"
  • To see all the past weekly challenges - click the tabs above (they are updated sporadically, please bear with me)
  • Please grab the button for the Weekly Challenge (on the right sidebar) to display on your blogs! share the fun!
  • The limit of submissions to the slideshow is TWO, but please feel free to post as many as you like to your blogs. A note about entering your images for the slideshows: Those of you without blogs or image sharing sites like flickr or picasa, please continue to email your images to weeklychallenge at mail dot com (not gmail, just mail). Everyone else - Please PLEASE PLEASE submit your SITE SPECIFIC URL in the linkey machine. I understand if sometimes you forget, that's fine. Compiling the slideshows is a lot of work, so any help in this regard is appreciated. Also, please do not use the Weekly Challenge as a way to drive traffic to your website if you are not participating. not cool.
  • i have set up a newsletter, sorta. You can subscribe to it HERE or in the Subscribe tab above! Now, the idea for this newsletter is NOT to send one each Monday before the challenges. That is too much work.  But i thought it might try to write a newsletter once a month-ish... Frankly, people kept asking me if i had a newsletter, so i thought i'd give it a try.
  • I know that some of you have told me that the paypal button does not work, and some of you have had no trouble, i'm not sure why it's inconsistent, I've just redone the code...again.... If all else fails you can donate to my paypal address which is madam_diva (a t) yahoo (d o t) com
Hello my Tangly friends, it's been a very tiring weekend and i think i have come down with some kind of a weird stomach bug.

So i'm just going to jump right into the challenge today.

Weekly Challenge #158: "Duotangle: Diva Dance + Crescent Moon"
A Duotangle is a term coined here at casa Diva which describes a tile or ZIA created using only two tangles and their variations.


For this week, the challenge is to use only Crescent Moon and Diva Dance and variations.
If you have a blog, add the site-specific URL where your tile is posted to the linkey machine below! Don't forget to link back here so that others can join in the fun! (if you don't know how to find this, you can see my half assed tutorial here) Also, please feel free to come back often and visit the links of those people on the linkey machine - don't forget to leave a comment or feedback, everyone loves feedback. ;) 
If you don't have a blog but still want to participate, you can email your tile to me and i will put it in the slideshow. (send submissions to: weeklychallenge at mail.com[not gmail, just mail]. I just ask that you put in the subject line: Challenge # ________ 
The deadline for each weekly challenge is Saturday night so that i can round everyone up by Sunday. What this means is that i will stop adding tiles to the slideshow on Sunday. You're still more than welcome to do the challenges and add your name to the linkey machine. - although to be honest the deadline is pretty forgiving.
 I will be more diligent with the linkey machine - by editing out the ones that don't work, the doubles, the links that lead to nowhere, the links that go just to blog home pages (this is why we need those site specific urls), and the spam. And there is some spam. PLEASE do not put your *home* page in the linkey machine... please? for me??


26 comments:

  1. Laura, I love this challenge! Thanks so much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laura, linky played tricks on me, please delete the second link for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice challenge Laura! I am hoping to be able to play!

    ReplyDelete
  4. First I thought: An easy one. But my first attempt was totally disharmonic, so I took a second and now I'm rather pleased. Thank you, Laura.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Laura, you always seem to amaze me with the challenges you put before us!! S--t---r--e--t--c--h--i--n------g our imaginations!! I love it!!! Thank you ever so much!! Enjoy your week! :0) Share Humanity

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ps. I love how in your tangle, Diva Dance looks like it's sucking the crescent moon, right out of that water drop shape! So cool!! :0) Share Humanity

      Delete
  6. Thanks Laura for posting while not feeling well. This challenge was a stretch for me as well. I'm so happy with the way the two tangles worked together. Hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Laura your tangles flow beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sending happy, healthy thoughts your way . . . feel better Laura!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for offering these challenges. I've been reading your site for a while but it's my first time taking part! I hope it's the first of many!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Laura, thank you for the challenge. Feel better:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Feel better soon, Laura. I SO enjoyed watching you do the video with Challenge 100...it was awesome.And I've loved this challenge and feel I've done something a bit different - you gave us a great tile as a starter. Axxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you for taking the time and effort to think up and curate these challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice examples. I think these two tangles have so many possibilities. Am looking forward to what others come up with.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This was a great challenge, Laura. I really enjoyed using these two tangles together. I hope you're feeling better by now.

    ReplyDelete
  15. So many beautiful tangles this challenge! I was very inspired but really struggled with these two. Don't think I did them justice.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I hope the link works! This is my first submission. Thanks for the fun!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for this fun one, Laura. Even though I ended up doing the slug-foot shuffle, looking at all the lovely minuets and pirouettes is a delight.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sorry and apologies that my first link [# 66] goes to nowhere.
    "To err is human; to forgive, divine." Alexander Pope, "Essay on Criticism"

    ReplyDelete
  19. Sorry as well, will sort myself out next week. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Replacing #66 with #82 - "Doing the Diva Stomp Under The Full Moon".

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'm new to blogging and new to the linky machine, but, by Jove, I think I've got it! Feel free to tell me if I screwed up. Thanks for the challenge and you're right, the water is fine!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I enjoyed this challenge so much that I just did another one. Thanks, Laura.

    BTW, It looks like I inadvertently entered into the previous weeks challenge. Please excuse the mistake.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Not my favorite, but good to be current. Now I'm going to start from the beginning as well!

    ReplyDelete

tangle me some zen, baby!!