Happy Monday everyone!First of all, as always - a few house keeping items:
- If you're NEW here I've created a few tutorials to help you out. You can click on the links above or: See "Getting Started" and "Tutorials"
- To see all the past weekly challenges - click the tabs above (they are updated sporadically, please bear with me)
- Please grab the button for the Weekly Challenge (on the right sidebar) to display on your blogs! share the fun!
- The limit of submissions to the slideshow is TWO, but please feel free to post as many as you like to your blogs. A note about entering your images for the slideshows: Those of you without blogs or image sharing sites like flickr or picasa, please continue to email your images to weeklychallenge at mail dot com (not gmail, just mail). Everyone else - Please PLEASE PLEASE submit your SITE SPECIFIC URL in the linkey machine. I understand if sometimes you forget, that's fine. Compiling the slideshows is a lot of work, so any help in this regard is appreciated. Also, please do not use the Weekly Challenge as a way to drive traffic to your website if you are not participating. not cool.
- i have set up a newsletter, sorta. You can subscribe to it HERE or in the Subscribe tab above! Now, the idea for this newsletter is NOT to send one each Monday before the challenges. That is too much work. But i thought it might try to write a newsletter once a month-ish... Frankly, people kept asking me if i had a newsletter, so i thought i'd give it a try.
- I know that some of you have told me that the paypal button does not work, and some of you have had no trouble, i'm not sure why it's inconsistent, I've just redone the code...again.... If all else fails you can donate to my paypal address which is madam_diva (a t) yahoo (d o t) com
I hope you had a great Week! Here are some adorable St. Patrick's Day shots of the boys...
|i just love this boy|
|I just love this one, too.|
So on Friday, I picked him up from school and we went to the toy store. He had earned all the money he needed.
|"I AM SO HAPPY!"|
Sometime around October-ish, i signed on to do a deck of Artist Trading Cards with some other lovely CZTs... a whole deck of 52 cards! I thought it would be clever to do an actual deck of cards... using tangles for suits... behold: The Jack of Chebucto.
it's been very fun doing this deck - but the deadline to mail them in is TODAY!!! (Monday!) and i still have 4 left to do....
|the Jack of Chebucto!|
so without further ado (as i have a lot of tanglin' to do before the night is through)
Weekly Challenge #160: "String Theory: Spiral out, Keep Going! (v.2)"
100 imaginary points if you know these song lyrics without googling them!!
This week's challenge is to use a spiral as your string!
|"The Horn of Valere"|
MAN! I am showing all my nerdy colours in this post.
There's so much i love about a good spiral. Spirals exist EVERYWHERE in nature. Check it out! The universe is absolutely ripe with examples of spirals... but if you need more inspiration, check out the Zentangle Blog for more spirally goodness.
Have a great week!!
If you have a blog, add the site-specific URL where your tile is posted to the linkey machine below! Don't forget to link back here so that others can join in the fun! (if you don't know how to find this, you can see my half assed tutorial here) Also, please feel free to come back often and visit the links of those people on the linkey machine - don't forget to leave a comment or feedback, everyone loves feedback. ;)
If you don't have a blog but still want to participate, you can email your tile to me and i will put it in the slideshow. (send submissions to: weeklychallenge at mail.com) [not gmail, just mail]. I just ask that you put in the subject line: Challenge # ________
The deadline for each weekly challenge is Saturday night so that i can round everyone up by Sunday. What this means is that i will stop adding tiles to the slideshow on Sunday. You're still more than welcome to do the challenges and add your name to the linkey machine. - although to be honest the deadline is pretty forgiving.
I will be more diligent with the linkey machine - by editing out the ones that don't work, the doubles, the links that lead to nowhere, the links that go just to blog home pages (this is why we need those site specific urls), and the spam. And there is some spam. PLEASE do not put your *home* page in the linkey machine... please? for me??