Monday, March 24, 2014

Weekly Challenge #160

Happy Monday everyone!
First of all, as always - a few house keeping items:
  • If you're NEW here I've created a few tutorials to help you out. You can click on the links above or:   See "Getting Started" and "Tutorials"
  • To see all the past weekly challenges - click the tabs above (they are updated sporadically, please bear with me)
  • Please grab the button for the Weekly Challenge (on the right sidebar) to display on your blogs! share the fun!
  • The limit of submissions to the slideshow is TWO, but please feel free to post as many as you like to your blogs. A note about entering your images for the slideshows: Those of you without blogs or image sharing sites like flickr or picasa, please continue to email your images to weeklychallenge at mail dot com (not gmail, just mail). Everyone else - Please PLEASE PLEASE submit your SITE SPECIFIC URL in the linkey machine. I understand if sometimes you forget, that's fine. Compiling the slideshows is a lot of work, so any help in this regard is appreciated. Also, please do not use the Weekly Challenge as a way to drive traffic to your website if you are not participating. not cool.
  • i have set up a newsletter, sorta. You can subscribe to it HERE or in the Subscribe tab above! Now, the idea for this newsletter is NOT to send one each Monday before the challenges. That is too much work.  But i thought it might try to write a newsletter once a month-ish... Frankly, people kept asking me if i had a newsletter, so i thought i'd give it a try.
  • I know that some of you have told me that the paypal button does not work, and some of you have had no trouble, i'm not sure why it's inconsistent, I've just redone the code...again.... If all else fails you can donate to my paypal address which is madam_diva (a t) yahoo (d o t) com
Hello my Tangly friends!

I hope you had a great Week!  Here are some adorable St. Patrick's Day shots of the boys...

i just love this boy

I just love this one, too.
 and here's one more...
cutest boys...ever....
So, Chewie is all about everything Lego.  What 5 year old isn't?  He and his dad went to see the Lego Movie when it came out, and all he's been talking about since then was getting the Good Cop/Bad Cop Lego set.  But it was $40.00, so we told him that he had some money in his piggy bank, and some money saved up for big buys....  and that if he really wanted it, i'm sure we could find some chores for him to do so earn the extra money.  He even called grandma on the phone and asked her if she had any jobs she needed done to help him earn some money.  I was so proud.  So, after spending a few hours at grandmas drying dishes, vacuuming, dusting, folding laundry, and cleaning up the front entrance he had enough money!!

So on Friday, I picked him up from school and we went to the toy store.  He had earned all the money he needed.  

"I AM SO HAPPY!"
What a great kid.  He even built it all by himself (With a very tiny bit of help from mom), and on Saturday instead of getting up early to watch cartoons, he was up early - playing with his new Lego.
:)

Sometime around October-ish, i signed on to do a deck of Artist Trading Cards with some other lovely CZTs...  a whole deck of 52 cards!  I thought it would be clever to do an actual deck of cards... using tangles for suits... behold: The Jack of Chebucto.

it's been very fun doing this deck - but the deadline to mail them in is TODAY!!! (Monday!) and i still have 4 left to do....
the Jack of Chebucto!

 so without further ado (as i have a lot of tanglin' to do before the night is through)

Weekly Challenge #160: "String Theory: Spiral out, Keep Going! (v.2)"
100 imaginary points if you know these song lyrics without googling them!!

This week's challenge is to use a spiral as your string!

"The Horn of Valere"
(100 extra imaginary points if you know what the Horn of Valere is without googling)
MAN! I am showing all my nerdy colours in this post.

There's so much i love about a good spiral.  Spirals exist EVERYWHERE in nature.  Check it out!  The universe is absolutely ripe with examples of spirals... but if you need more inspiration, check out the Zentangle Blog for more spirally goodness.

Have a great week!!
If you have a blog, add the site-specific URL where your tile is posted to the linkey machine below! Don't forget to link back here so that others can join in the fun! (if you don't know how to find this, you can see my half assed tutorial here) Also, please feel free to come back often and visit the links of those people on the linkey machine - don't forget to leave a comment or feedback, everyone loves feedback. ;) 
If you don't have a blog but still want to participate, you can email your tile to me and i will put it in the slideshow. (send submissions to: weeklychallenge at mail.com[not gmail, just mail]. I just ask that you put in the subject line: Challenge # ________ 
The deadline for each weekly challenge is Saturday night so that i can round everyone up by Sunday. What this means is that i will stop adding tiles to the slideshow on Sunday. You're still more than welcome to do the challenges and add your name to the linkey machine. - although to be honest the deadline is pretty forgiving.
 I will be more diligent with the linkey machine - by editing out the ones that don't work, the doubles, the links that lead to nowhere, the links that go just to blog home pages (this is why we need those site specific urls), and the spam. And there is some spam. PLEASE do not put your *home* page in the linkey machine... please? for me??

24 comments:

  1. I had a fun morning with the spiral challenge...thanks Laura! Your tile is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I rarely can't wait until i'm back from school to see if the new challenge is up. Thank you Laura.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! Great minds think alike! I put a nautilus shell on my table only this morning, ready to add to a drawing I'd already started. Nautilus is the large shell with a wonderful spiral. I'll dedicate this lovely challenge to all sea shells on the sea shore, not just Nautilus!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful spiral challenge!! Your tile is wonderful! I like it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I look forward to your challenges every week. Thank you for doing this.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the spirals! :) Your tile is very nice - I like the colors and the shading :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Laura, I love your spiral tile!!! And wow, whoever receives your ATC deck of cards, is pretty lucky!!!! I don't know anything about the ATC swap and what it is but sounds like fun! Just want to say, how neat it is that I see sooooooo many new people joining in on your challenges!!! YOU'RE AWESOME TO BRING US ALL TOGETHER!!! :0) Share Humanity

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great challenge, and I love the happy lego picture :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I look forward to Monday's when I get to see what the new challenge is :) Thanks for continuing to post one! Lego's are HUGE around my house as well! I understand that smile well and the hard work that went into that purchase.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Legos=happiness! Love that grin :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Interesting, nice break from the name zentangles I've been doing. Thank you for the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you Laura, for making me use a spiral, which I never did before. I really loved it and will use it again.
    Being from the Netherlands, I have no idea about the song text :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. What fun I had with this spiral all the more so as I hadn't had time to draw for quite a while. Thanks for the challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This challenge turned out to be something quite different for me. I really had fun doing it and watching it spiral out!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I loved this one! I think it's my favorite yet!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you so much for another wonderful challenge. I absolutely love and am inspired every week by the wonderful art everyone creates for these challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I just couldn't resist to tangle another one!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I thought there was a problem with the linkey machine and entered a second time. Dear Laura, can you delete number 60 or 61? Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Yay for spirals! Was hard not to turn it into a snail... so I made a nautiloid... tentacled... thing. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks, as always, for the challenge!!! It was a great break from a stressful week!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Fantastic challenge, Laura - I really enjoyed this one. And even better - a whole host of entries to peruse and enjoy. Thank you .Axxx

    ReplyDelete
  22. My first ever blog/zentangle challenge, and I had so much fun with it! Spirals inspire me, so it was the perfect first challenge. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Another great challenge! I didn't get a chance to work on it till the last minute, but I'm glad I did; spirals are fun. I see that you had a big response to this one; but I haven't had much chance to check out the other entries yet. I'll have to do it tomorrow. At least I won't have been influenced by anyone else's work. Looking forward to the next one.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love the brown in this tile Laura, the effect of adding just a single colour! Thank you for the challenge this week - had bad pain and the repetition really helped even if my tile looks a little dull heheh! I pinned a few by randomly 'spiralling' my finger on the track pad - they are all SO BEAUTIFUL I couldn't choose! Thank you again for your blog, the challenges and the time you spend on bringing some joyful moments to so many people. Sorry it's late, best, Henny xx

    ReplyDelete

tangle me some zen, baby!!