Happy Monday everyone!First of all, as always - a few house keeping items:
- If you're NEW here I've created a few tutorials to help you out. You can click on the links above or: See "Getting Started" and "Tutorials"
- To see all the past weekly challenges - click the tabs above (they are updated sporadically, please bear with me)
- Please grab the button for the Weekly Challenge (on the right sidebar) to display on your blogs! share the fun!
- The limit of submissions to the slideshow is TWO, but please feel free to post as many as you like to your blogs. A note about entering your images for the slideshows: Those of you without blogs or image sharing sites like flickr or picasa, please continue to email your images to weeklychallenge at mail dot com (not gmail, just mail). Everyone else - Please PLEASE PLEASE submit your SITE SPECIFIC URL in the linkey machine. I understand if sometimes you forget, that's fine. Compiling the slideshows is a lot of work, so any help in this regard is appreciated. Also, please do not use the Weekly Challenge as a way to drive traffic to your website if you are not participating. not cool.
- i have set up a newsletter, sorta. You can subscribe to it HERE or in the Subscribe tab above! Now, the idea for this newsletter is NOT to send one each Monday before the challenges. That is too much work. But i thought it might try to write a newsletter once a month-ish... Frankly, people kept asking me if i had a newsletter, so i thought i'd give it a try.
- I know that some of you have told me that the paypal button does not work, and some of you have had no trouble, i'm not sure why it's inconsistent, I've just redone the code...again.... If all else fails you can donate to my paypal address which is madam_diva (a t) yahoo (d o t) com
Hope you had a great week, i know i have!
We've been playing some Lego, behold our Lego family...
|We are so cute.|
|my happy planner|
I also received my CZT Trading cards this week, they are so cute - i'm excited to hand these out at zentangle meetups... this also means that i need to attend more zentangle meetups. ;)
|Check out Sandy Steen Bartholomew's blog to get your own...|
she also designed trading cards for Zentangle Addicts
|Go Team Green!! Running in -6C because we are hardcore. (21F)|
|Chewie is very excellent at drawing Spongebob Squarepants and Patrick Star|
|Saturday mornings are made for pancakes and bacon|
|i got to snuggle with my girlfriend's little guy - he's so cute.|
Oh, and the other exciting news in my life is this:
I signed up to do my first ever 10k run this spring... i'm only slightly terrified, but i am super excited to cross this off my bucket list. ...hold me...
Weekly Challenge #161: "In a Quandary about Quandary"
There's a lot of discussion among CZTs on the best way to do this tangle...
This week's challenge is a practice challenge - to find the way that works for you. For ME i concentrate on one seed then building a triangle off it.
I just wanted to add here that a lot of people get concerned that their version of quandry is not 'perfect' or that it's not symmetrical - and i'd like to counter those concerns with "So what?" in my humble opinion those imperfections make the tangle interesting and give it character. Trust yourself - you got this!!
Have a great week!!
If you have a blog, add the site-specific URL where your tile is posted to the linkey machine below! Don't forget to link back here so that others can join in the fun! (if you don't know how to find this, you can see my half assed tutorial here) Also, please feel free to come back often and visit the links of those people on the linkey machine - don't forget to leave a comment or feedback, everyone loves feedback. ;)
If you don't have a blog but still want to participate, you can email your tile to me and i will put it in the slideshow. (send submissions to: weeklychallenge at mail.com) [not gmail, just mail]. I just ask that you put in the subject line: Challenge # ________
The deadline for each weekly challenge is Saturday night so that i can round everyone up by Sunday. What this means is that i will stop adding tiles to the slideshow on Sunday. You're still more than welcome to do the challenges and add your name to the linkey machine. - although to be honest the deadline is pretty forgiving.
I will be more diligent with the linkey machine - by editing out the ones that don't work, the doubles, the links that lead to nowhere, the links that go just to blog home pages (this is why we need those site specific urls), and the spam. And there is some spam. PLEASE do not put your *home* page in the linkey machine... please? for me??