Monday, April 14, 2014

Weekly Challenge #163

Happy Monday Morning everyone!
First of all, as always - a few house keeping items:
  • If you're NEW here I've created a few tutorials to help you out. You can click on the links above or:   See "Getting Started" and "Tutorials"
  • To see all the past weekly challenges - click the tabs above (they are updated sporadically, please bear with me)
  • Please grab the button for the Weekly Challenge (on the right sidebar) to display on your blogs! share the fun!
  • The limit of submissions to the slideshow is TWO, but please feel free to post as many as you like to your blogs. A note about entering your images for the slideshows: Those of you without blogs or image sharing sites like flickr or picasa, please continue to email your images to weeklychallenge at mail dot com (not gmail, just mail). Everyone else - Please PLEASE PLEASE submit your SITE SPECIFIC URL in the linkey machine. I understand if sometimes you forget, that's fine. Compiling the slideshows is a lot of work, so any help in this regard is appreciated. Also, please do not use the Weekly Challenge as a way to drive traffic to your website if you are not participating. not cool.
  • i have set up a newsletter, sorta. You can subscribe to it HERE or in the Subscribe tab above! Now, the idea for this newsletter is NOT to send one each Monday before the challenges. That is too much work.  But i thought it might try to write a newsletter once a month-ish... Frankly, people kept asking me if i had a newsletter, so i thought i'd give it a try.
  • I know that some of you have told me that the paypal button does not work, and some of you have had no trouble, i'm not sure why it's inconsistent, I've just redone the code...again.... If all else fails you can donate to my paypal address which is madam_diva (a t) yahoo (d o t) com
Hello my Tangly friends!

This week was a veritable roller-coaster - with temperatures *SOARING* up to 17C (63F)!  Me and the boys took full advantage and got out on our deck... our backyard is still covered in slowly melting snow, but up on the deck it was glorious.

I love my qundary mug.... especially when it's filled with coffee. :)
 The boys were so happy to spend time outside... we went for walks with the wagon, and bike rides, and just brought out a bunch of toys and played in the sun.

smiley
BUT.... then the weather flipped, and the last part of the week and into the weekend was rainy and windy and cold.... and the temperatures dropped back down to about -6C (21F).  So, back to indoor playing.

Chewie painting an underwater Taxi.
Chewie got a haircut on Thursday, and our hairdresser sprayed it with purple spray, he loved it.

I got this picture of him helping Artoo walk across the lawn (he's still not very stable on uneven ground) and my heart just melts every time i see how much he loves and looks after his little brother.

i love this picture so much
 Also, i thought i'd share these two pics of my little man.  It's amazing how you can look at your child and see him how he was as a baby, how he is now, and the man he'll someday be....

Permanent Premature Teenage Epression

But he does smile a lot too 
Weekly Challenge #163: New Official Tangle - Rixty
In my sleep deprived haste last week, i totally forgot that last week's challenge should have been a Use My Tangle challenge... my bad.  I was going to make it this week's challenge, but Rick and Maria at Zentangle HQ have released the step-outs for their new tangle "Rixty" in the newest Zentangle Newsletter.

They actually released the tangle itself a few weeks back, giving us the chance to deconstruct it ourselves.

The step-outs can be found HERE for Rixty, but feel free to use your own deconstructions instead.

The challenge is to give it a try! Have Fun!

Have a great week!!
If you have a blog, add the site-specific URL where your tile is posted to the linkey machine below! Don't forget to link back here so that others can join in the fun! (if you don't know how to find this, you can see my half assed tutorial here) Also, please feel free to come back often and visit the links of those people on the linkey machine - don't forget to leave a comment or feedback, everyone loves feedback. ;) 
If you don't have a blog but still want to participate, you can email your tile to me and i will put it in the slideshow. (send submissions to: weeklychallenge at mail.com[not gmail, just mail]. I just ask that you put in the subject line: Challenge # ________ 
The deadline for each weekly challenge is Saturday night so that i can round everyone up by Sunday. What this means is that i will stop adding tiles to the slideshow on Sunday. You're still more than welcome to do the challenges and add your name to the linkey machine. - although to be honest the deadline is pretty forgiving.
 I will be more diligent with the linkey machine - by editing out the ones that don't work, the doubles, the links that lead to nowhere, the links that go just to blog home pages (this is why we need those site specific urls), and the spam. And there is some spam. PLEASE do not put your *home* page in the linkey machine... please? for me??

20 comments:

  1. Thank you for another fun challenge! I can't find the link machine though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. woops!! thanks for the reminder. lol. i forget the linkey machine about once a month.

      Delete
  2. I love these photos - full of love and wow, purple hair!!! Axxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Working with 6th-8th, I recognize that look. Hopefully you will have a few more years until it gets permanent! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. A really beautifully done tile, Laura. A nice balance of points and curves. The boys are just adorable in their brotherly love.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your twisty Rixty... and Chewie, practicing his teen sneer.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Underwater Taxi sounds like a sensational idea!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ok, I am on the linky machine....I made my comment but I think I erased it trying to enter it....anyway, I like the new tangle, I like to draw the new tangle....and happy birthday to Rick....compared to me...he is still young !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. When I scanned my tangle challenge I noticed that the total black areas were not filled in like I wanted them to be. I will have to find a different pen or use a marker. Other than that I had fun trying something new. I look forward each week for a new challenge. Thank you for providing this for us.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Laura, I love the gold added in on your tile! Lovely!! And the pics of the kids are priceless! It's so nice when you can capture those brotherly love moments on camera!! Thanks for sharing! I had to chuckle when you said soaring 63F. Here in Cali. , we're skipping spring all together, and going straight into summer! Yeeeks!! Enjoy!! :0) Share Humanity

    ReplyDelete
  10. This came together REALLY fast for me! I feel you on the weather... our weather is all kinds of up and down as well. It was 78 on Monday, we had a snowstorm yesterday, it all melted and today has ranged from 25-68 by the hour. :\ I'm going to call it the season of mud, and be done with it. Those 2 days when it was nice were fantastic though. Stay strong. Spring will come. So I hear...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice tile. I enjoy playing with this tangle. Like how you integrated into your tile. I still use as a monotangle or duotangle.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your boys are just too cute for words.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful tile, and always nice to see the boys having fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Kids growing fast! love the rockstar and his bad expression ;)
    Hope the kids have a great Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great tile! Great kids! Thanks for doing this....it's fun (great) fun !!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you for having this challenge - it was great inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete

tangle me some zen, baby!!