Monday, April 21, 2014

Weekly Challenge #164

Happy Monday Morning everyone!
First of all, as always - a few house keeping items:
  • If you're NEW here I've created a few tutorials to help you out. You can click on the links above or:   See "Getting Started" and "Tutorials"
  • To see all the past weekly challenges - click the tabs above (they are updated sporadically, please bear with me)
  • Please grab the button for the Weekly Challenge (on the right sidebar) to display on your blogs! share the fun!
  • The limit of submissions to the slideshow is TWO, but please feel free to post as many as you like to your blogs. A note about entering your images for the slideshows: Those of you without blogs or image sharing sites like flickr or picasa, please continue to email your images to weeklychallenge at mail dot com (not gmail, just mail). Everyone else - Please PLEASE PLEASE submit your SITE SPECIFIC URL in the linkey machine. I understand if sometimes you forget, that's fine. Compiling the slideshows is a lot of work, so any help in this regard is appreciated. Also, please do not use the Weekly Challenge as a way to drive traffic to your website if you are not participating. not cool.
  • i have set up a newsletter, sorta. You can subscribe to it HERE or in the Subscribe tab above! Now, the idea for this newsletter is NOT to send one each Monday before the challenges. That is too much work.  But i thought it might try to write a newsletter once a month-ish... Frankly, people kept asking me if i had a newsletter, so i thought i'd give it a try.
  • I know that some of you have told me that the paypal button does not work, and some of you have had no trouble, i'm not sure why it's inconsistent, I've just redone the code...again.... If all else fails you can donate to my paypal address which is madam_diva (a t) yahoo (d o t) com
Hello my Tangly friends!

I hope you've all had a nice Easter Weekend.  We woke up on Good Friday and saw a few inches of new snow. yaaay.

But it didn't stop the Easter Bunny.

He arrived at our house on Sunday morning and the boys were super excited to find eggs hidden all over our rumpus room.  Chewie was especially excited to find eggs because he was pretty bummed out by the snow.  He really wanted an outdoor egg hunt, but was happy with what he got.


 Artoo had a good time looking for eggs as well, with a little help from Dada.
We had two family dinners this weekend, and we're all well and stuffed.

I haven't been feeling well all week, i'm really hoping that i feel better soon - it's more an annoying tickle and sore throat, with a bit of sinus congestion.  i'm hoping it's only just allergies. we'll see.  

Weekly Challenge #164: "Amanda (Earth) Day"
Back in 2012 Chewie spontaneously declared he was renaming the Earth Amanda.  (See that challenge here and the challenge from 2013 here)

Tuesday is Earth Day, from Wikipedia:
Earth Day is an annual event, celebrated on April 22, on which events are held worldwide to demonstrate support for environmental protection. It was first celebrated in 1970, and is now coordinated globally by the Earth Day Network, and celebrated in more than 192 countries each year
Take some inspiration from our Earth, Amanda, this week!



Have a great week!!
If you have a blog, add the site-specific URL where your tile is posted to the linkey machine below! Don't forget to link back here so that others can join in the fun! (if you don't know how to find this, you can see my half assed tutorial here) Also, please feel free to come back often and visit the links of those people on the linkey machine - don't forget to leave a comment or feedback, everyone loves feedback. ;) 
If you don't have a blog but still want to participate, you can email your tile to me and i will put it in the slideshow. (send submissions to: weeklychallenge at mail.com[not gmail, just mail]. I just ask that you put in the subject line: Challenge # ________ 
The deadline for each weekly challenge is Saturday night so that i can round everyone up by Sunday. What this means is that i will stop adding tiles to the slideshow on Sunday. You're still more than welcome to do the challenges and add your name to the linkey machine. - although to be honest the deadline is pretty forgiving.
 I will be more diligent with the linkey machine - by editing out the ones that don't work, the doubles, the links that lead to nowhere, the links that go just to blog home pages (this is why we need those site specific urls), and the spam. And there is some spam. PLEASE do not put your *home* page in the linkey machine... please? for me??

29 comments:

  1. Love this challenge....thanks to Chewie and to you Laura! Your tile is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Diva,
      I am glad that I found your Blog!
    Since a few days I am "tanglen" with great joy. o)
    I am looking for nice people to exchange and learn.
    I have courage and do the same for you with ...: o))
    Unfortunately, my English is only with google translator.
    Greetings from Germany, * Manja *

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such nice movement to your tile. The shading is just right and moves the eye through the piece. I miss Easter with little ones, I know you are loving every moment of their childhood. We appreciate your sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your boys are so lovely and I remember well the time when my children were little. Thank you for sharing.
    Your tile is really gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you had such a lovely Easter with your boys. We did too and had an Easter Egg hunt as usual. Love the tile and have really loved the challenge this week. Axxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This was fun, I rarely add color,so it was a nice change up for me!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you Laura for choosing this subject again this year. Your tile is very neat and clean, as the earth should be!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amanda Day is always fun Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Amanda Day to all, with a Thank You to Chewie for loving our Blue Dot. and to you, Laura, for offering us a space to share ours.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your tile, Laura! Happy Amanda Day!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy 'Amanda Day' to your family, Laura!!! I love your beautiful tile!! It's perfect for today!! :0) Share Humanity

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello Diva ...
    I introduced myself yesterday with you. I have a new blog address! I am pleased to a new you! Thank you! Greetings from Germany,*Manja*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. http://tangle-manja.blogspot.de/ ;o))

      Delete
  13. I love your design and your Easter pictures of the children. Your design is clever in the way it shows the rotation of the Earth. Happy Amanda Day.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This was a fun one. I will change my title back to Joyce next week. Since I can't change it this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry I added to. I just wanted to delete the first one. And just put the name Joyce in. I'm sorry for the mix up.

      Delete
  15. Happy Amanda Day! Thanks for the challenge - I was inspired to do something different with it - put a bit of color in my tangle!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Diva...
    I have my weekly challenge done. ;o)
    => http://tangle-manja.blogspot.de/
    Greetings from Germany, * Manja *

    ReplyDelete
  17. There you go, Diva Laura, I have posted my entry for all the world to see as number 52 on the ole Linky Machine. Have a great day and week.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Looking forward to seeing all the different post for this one.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Amanda...pretty name. Does the moon have a name too?

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love your Amanda Earth til!e! Thanks for your steadfast challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your tile looks like it could be an official logo. Amanda probably needs an official logo. Nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  22. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  23. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I've just started tangling and I wanted to join in. Since I don't have a blog (although I appear to have a blog icon so maybe I do??!) I've added the URL from my picasa album - at least I hope that's what I've done - ! Saffi

    ReplyDelete
  25. Sorry I tweaked the first entry to the wrong blog...

    ReplyDelete
  26. Back posting now that I have a blog to display them.

    ReplyDelete
  27. http://tangle-manja.blogspot.de/2014/05/wochentliche-herausforderung.html
    Schönen Abend,*Manja*

    ReplyDelete

tangle me some zen, baby!!