Happy Monday Morning everyone!First of all, as always - a few house keeping items:
- If you're NEW here I've created a few tutorials to help you out. You can click on the links above or: See "Getting Started" and "Tutorials"
- To see all the past weekly challenges - click the tabs above (they are updated sporadically, please bear with me)
- Please grab the button for the Weekly Challenge (on the right sidebar) to display on your blogs! share the fun!
- The limit of submissions to the slideshow is TWO, but please feel free to post as many as you like to your blogs. A note about entering your images for the slideshows: Those of you without blogs or image sharing sites like flickr or picasa, please continue to email your images to weeklychallenge at mail dot com (not gmail, just mail). Everyone else - Please PLEASE PLEASE submit your SITE SPECIFIC URL in the linkey machine. I understand if sometimes you forget, that's fine. Compiling the slideshows is a lot of work, so any help in this regard is appreciated. Also, please do not use the Weekly Challenge as a way to drive traffic to your website if you are not participating. not cool.
- i have set up a newsletter, sorta. You can subscribe to it HERE or in the Subscribe tab above! Now, the idea for this newsletter is NOT to send one each Monday before the challenges. That is too much work. But i thought it might try to write a newsletter once a month-ish... Frankly, people kept asking me if i had a newsletter, so i thought i'd give it a try.
- I know that some of you have told me that the paypal button does not work, and some of you have had no trouble, i'm not sure why it's inconsistent, I've just redone the code...again.... If all else fails you can donate to my paypal address which is madam_diva (a t) yahoo (d o t) com
What a crazy busy week this has been...
|Chewie being a goof|
- taking Chewie back and forth to school
- playing outside
- taking Artoo for a playdate
- having an out of town friend stop by cuz she was in town for a meeting
- having other out of town friends come over to visit
- getting a brand new van
- training for the upcoming 10K
- painting my kids faces
- doing a bunch of volunteer work canvassing a neighbourhood for 2 hours for our upcoming 2nd Annual colour run in support of beads of courage
- celebrating my birthday early with b-rad at a Mexican restaurant
- getting up and cheering for my girlfriend who ran in a triathlon yesterday
- getting a brand new bed (KING SIZE!!)
- celebrating Mother's Day with my family
- and then a family BBQ at my brother-in-law's
i'm exhausted having just typed all that. lol Here's some photographic proof....
|my running friend|
|Picking up Chewie from school|
|enjoying a bit o'coffee on the deck|
|cute little clown|
|Scary lookin' skeleton!|
|mmmm, so very tasty.|
Before we get into this week's challenge, i wanted to say thanks for all your suggestions for my new tangle... and it seems that the majority of you think that "Somnee" is a good name, and so Somnee it shall be. :) thanks everyone!
Weekly Challenge #167: DuoTangle Well/Punzel
Well, today is May 12. A Monday! A challenge day. And it also happens to be my 34th birthday. :D
So today's challenge is a duotangle challenge because i love them.
A Duotangle is a term, originated on this blog, that refers to a tile or zentangle inspired piece using ONLY TWO TANGLES.
This particular challenge is to use ONLY the two tangles Well and Punzel. (follow the links for the step-outs)
DuoTangles have to be one of my favourite type of challenge because it's a chance for us all to stretch our minds a bit, and to try things you wouldn't often try. And through this collective community, we can all learn from each other and find new and interesting things to do with tangles that we thought we knew.
I chose these two tangles because i always love the way they look, but never think to use them.
This is not how i envisioned my tile to be when it was done... in fact i struggled a lot with this one - and really didn't find my *zen* moment. There was a lot of frustration, to be honest, as i struggled with pens that didn't work, finicky scanners, light bulbs burning out.... oh man. But my OWN personal challenge, as always, is to ALWAYS post my first attempt. Because even though it's great to have a beautiful tile in the end, it's about process. Not product. have fun!
OOH! And in special celebration of my birthday today - i am giving away a copy of "The Book of Zentangle" by Rick Roberts and Maria Thomas as my way of saying thank you to everyone who comes back to my blog week after week!
|THIS ^^ could be yours!|
This is also my first attempt using rafflecopter, so i hope it works! :D Follow the instructions for your chance to win!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
**DUE TO A DISGUSTING AMOUNT OF SPAM I'VE RECEIVED IN THE LAST DAY I'VE TURNED ON THE COMMENT MODERATION FOR NOW, PLEASE BE PATIENT** THANKS!
Have a great week!!
If you have a blog, add the site-specific URL where your tile is posted to the linkey machine below! Don't forget to link back here so that others can join in the fun! (if you don't know how to find this, you can see my half assed tutorial here) Also, please feel free to come back often and visit the links of those people on the linkey machine - don't forget to leave a comment or feedback, everyone loves feedback. ;)
If you don't have a blog but still want to participate, you can email your tile to me and i will put it in the slideshow. (send submissions to: weeklychallenge at mail.com) [not gmail, just mail]. I just ask that you put in the subject line: Challenge # ________
The deadline for each weekly challenge is Saturday night so that i can round everyone up by Sunday. What this means is that i will stop adding tiles to the slideshow on Sunday. You're still more than welcome to do the challenges and add your name to the linkey machine. - although to be honest the deadline is pretty forgiving.
I will be more diligent with the linkey machine - by editing out the ones that don't work, the doubles, the links that lead to nowhere, the links that go just to blog home pages (this is why we need those site specific urls), and the spam. And there is some spam. PLEASE do not put your *home* page in the linkey machine... please? for me??