Monday, June 2, 2014

Weekly Challenge #170

Happy Monday Morning everyone!
First of all, as always - a few house keeping items:
  • If you're NEW here I've created a few tutorials to help you out. You can click on the links above or:   See "Getting Started" and "Tutorials"
  • To see all the past weekly challenges - click the tabs above (they are updated sporadically, please bear with me)
  • Please grab the button for the Weekly Challenge (on the right sidebar) to display on your blogs! share the fun!
  • The limit of submissions to the slideshow is TWO, but please feel free to post as many as you like to your blogs. A note about entering your images for the slideshows: Those of you without blogs or image sharing sites like flickr or picasa, please continue to email your images to weeklychallenge at mail dot com (not gmail, just mail). Everyone else - Please PLEASE PLEASE submit your SITE SPECIFIC URL in the linkey machine. I understand if sometimes you forget, that's fine. Compiling the slideshows is a lot of work, so any help in this regard is appreciated. Also, please do not use the Weekly Challenge as a way to drive traffic to your website if you are not participating. not cool.
  • i have set up a newsletter, sorta. You can subscribe to it HERE or in the Subscribe tab above! Now, the idea for this newsletter is NOT to send one each Monday before the challenges. That is too much work.  But i thought it might try to write a newsletter once a month-ish... Frankly, people kept asking me if i had a newsletter, so i thought i'd give it a try.
  • I know that some of you have told me that the paypal button does not work, and some of you have had no trouble, i'm not sure why it's inconsistent, I've just redone the code...again.... If all else fails you can donate to my paypal address which is madam_diva (a t) yahoo (d o t) com
Hello my Tangly friends!
i hope you've all had a great week.

OH MY GOSH! what a crazy week... it's been crazy....
Everything has been leading up to our 2nd Annual Colour Festival Fun Run in Support of Beads of Courage!!

Last year the planning committee for the run consisted of my girlfriend Tara, myself, and a friend - this year the planning committee was 6 people strong!  We had such a great time, and i will tell you all about it next week, but for right not i am so exhausted.  :D

So we will jump right into:

Weekly Challenge #170: UMT "Bugles - by Joyce Evans"
It's the first Monday of the month, so i hope you're all ready for a Use My Tangle challenge!!

This week's tangle is brought to you by Joyce Evans.  It's called Bugles - and you can find the step outs HERE.  I'll be doing my tile - sometime.... hopefully soon...     :)
For those of you who don't know, the first Monday of the month, is a UMT Challenge (Use My Tangle), where the challenge is to learn and use a tangle created by one of you! It's awesome for me, because i don't have time to try all the new tangles i see on the web on a regular basis. This challenge makes sure i'm at least learning ONE new tangle a month... 
if you have a tangle you'd like to submit, please follow this link for the guidelines for submissions. Each month's tangle is chosen at random bywww.random.org 
have fun!


**DUE TO A DISGUSTING AMOUNT OF SPAM I'VE RECEIVED IN THE LAST WEEK I'VE TURNED ON THE COMMENT MODERATION FOR NOW, PLEASE BE PATIENT** THANKS!

Have a great week!!
If you have a blog, add the site-specific URL where your tile is posted to the linkey machine below! Don't forget to link back here so that others can join in the fun! (if you don't know how to find this, you can see my half assed tutorial here) Also, please feel free to come back often and visit the links of those people on the linkey machine - don't forget to leave a comment or feedback, everyone loves feedback. ;) 
If you don't have a blog but still want to participate, you can email your tile to me and i will put it in the slideshow. (send submissions to: weeklychallenge at mail.com[not gmail, just mail]. I just ask that you put in the subject line: Challenge # ________ 
The deadline for each weekly challenge is Saturday night so that i can round everyone up by Sunday. What this means is that i will stop adding tiles to the slideshow on Sunday. You're still more than welcome to do the challenges and add your name to the linkey machine. - although to be honest the deadline is pretty forgiving.
 I will be more diligent with the linkey machine - by editing out the ones that don't work, the doubles, the links that lead to nowhere, the links that go just to blog home pages (this is why we need those site specific urls), and the spam. And there is some spam. PLEASE do not put your *home* page in the linkey machine... please? for me??

16 comments:

  1. This turned out fun, though I gave up on my first attempt. But once I recognized the repetetive lines feature, I was more inspired.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, even now being totally exhausted, you spoil us with a challnge. Thanks Laura, you are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Laura. You're great. Your Challenges keep me going. Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for the fun, Laura! I always look forward to your posts and especially the pics of your boys. If you ever come down to Atlanta, let us know! You're welcome here anytime. :)
    Stay sparkly,
    Jacque S.
    www.tanglebright.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very much enjoyed doing this one. Seemed to come to me right away, which is unusual, as I often go through a couple of versions before I find one I like. Thank you Diva.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another one I struggled with initially!Thank you for always pushing me outside my comfort zone!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved doing this tangle - it was so much fun and for the first time, I didn't think about it too much -- just did it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great challenge as I'm not sure I would have ever tried Bugles on my own. But it was great fun and I am now prepared to be awestruck by what others have done with it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This was a little harder challenge then some of the others until I understood how to do it. It did remind me of the snack of bugles so I just added peanuts with mine and made of snack of bugles and peanuts.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This turned out to be an enjoyable challenge - I now like Bugles and will definitely use it again - thanks Laura and Joyce.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Is it ok if the bugles go sideways, do you think?

    ReplyDelete
  12. I had fun with this one, also. Looking forward to seeing everyone's, including yours :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Entirely new tangle for me! So many tangles so little time!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This was definitely a challenge!! Thanks for keeping us on our toes.

    ReplyDelete
  15. In the end, I decided to go with the flow and just enjot doing the tangle. Sp glad I found this blog. Thank, you.

    ReplyDelete
  16. My first Diva Challenge! When I reached Step 3 of Joyce's instructions, suddenly my Bugles started looking like dragonflies. I love it when I tangle takes on a life of its own. Thank you Laura and Joyce!

    ReplyDelete

tangle me some zen, baby!!