Monday, June 30, 2014

Weekly Challenge #174

Happy Monday!
i hope you all had a great week, and had some time to try the Remix challenge! Thank you, again, Sharla!

I am recovering from Providence and Chewie's 6th Birthday party! I'm thinking i will do a series of posts to recap the whole trip....  There's a lot of photos and stories to share - and to be honest, i am still sort of processing the whole experience.  A big warm Divalicious welcome to all my new friends from CZT15!!

Also, while i was gone the kids had a few days at daycare, so - now Artoo is sick.  We have our hands full at the moment!  So, while i'm itchin' to tell you all everything, i hope you'll hang on for just a little bit longer!

Thankfully, today's challenge comes to you via Aimee Belair, CZT!

Weekly Challenge #174: Superimposing Strings

Hi, everyone! It’s Aimee from CZT Seminar 12 and I’m here to help the Diva today on her blog with the Challenge. Your mission this time is to place a string on top of another string for your Zentangle practice.

I’ve grouped a few examples here:


And the results in that same order:



This is great for timid tanglers who want to move away from their pre-strung tiles but don’t know where to start. Thanks for playing!

Aimee P. Belair is a CZT from Sutton, MA. 
She loves cats, guinea pigs and rubber stamping. 
Visit her blog, at inkerbelle.com,

If you have a blog, add the site-specific URL where your tile is posted to the linkey machine below! Don't forget to link back here so that others can join in the fun! (if you don't know how to find this, you can see my half assed tutorial here) Also, please feel free to come back often and visit the links of those people on the linkey machine - don't forget to leave a comment or feedback, everyone loves feedback. ;) 
If you don't have a blog but still want to participate, you can email your tile to me and i will put it in the slideshow. (send submissions to: weeklychallenge at mail.com[not gmail, just mail]. I just ask that you put in the subject line: Challenge # ________ 
The deadline for each weekly challenge is Saturday night so that i can round everyone up by Sunday. What this means is that i will stop adding tiles to the slideshow on Sunday. You're still more than welcome to do the challenges and add your name to the linkey machine. - although to be honest the deadline is pretty forgiving.
 I will be more diligent with the linkey machine - by editing out the ones that don't work, the doubles, the links that lead to nowhere, the links that go just to blog home pages (this is why we need those site specific urls), and the spam. And there is some spam. PLEASE do not put your *home* page in the linkey machine... please? for me??

12 comments:

  1. YAY!!! You have no idea how inspirational these are for me. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a simple but awesome idea to superimpose strings. I like using the TanglePatterns Strings and this is a great way of changing it up. Thanks for the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Aimee for the Challenge. It was a great way to get back into tangling.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I liked this challenge a lot, so thank you Aimee!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A great challenge. I have to admit that the way I often do strings there is no need to superimpose - they are busy enough already, ha ha. But I did enjoy taking the time to look at strings and think of two that might superimpose in an interesting way. Thank you, Aimee.

    Look forward to hearing about all you've been up to, Laura, and hope Artoo is already feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice challenge, Aimee!! Thanks again. :) Laura, hope everyone's feeling better! We had so much fun last week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Felt like I was going back to the basics, which I loved!! Thanks for the challenge

    ReplyDelete
  8. Agreed. Great idea. Excellent way to get something a little different to work with. Thanks Aimée!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am a new CZT from seminar #15. This is my first challenge and I loved it. I also enjoyed hearing your story at seminar. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Interesting challenge. Was a way to really deal with the basics. Laura, I hope that things are getting better for you and the family.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks, Aimee. I really enjoyed this challenge. So much so that I had to respond to it twice. And I think the superimposed strings are a great tool to use in the future as well.

    I just realized that I apparently never left a comment with my first submission. I hope Artoo is doing much better, and a belated Happy Birthday to Chewie. He's becoming quite the young man.

    And I hope you're doing well and all recouped from the seminar, Laura.

    ReplyDelete

tangle me some zen, baby!!