Monday, August 18, 2014

Weekly Challenge #181

Happy Monday everyone!

My parents' very good friends own a great big cabin right on the water at a nearby lake, so once a year my mom and dad borrow the cabin for a weekend in August and invite all the kids and their families to come out.
My view from the deck at sunset
Since my mom is an elementary school teacher (school doesn't begin until September here) and i don't work, we like to go up a few days earlier than the weekend.

cutie patootie nieceypoo
This year we brought my little brother's daughter with us, and then invited my sister in law and her kids to come up early with us.  All the dad's came up Friday night; B-rad, my two brothers, and my dad. The only one missing was my younger brother Patrick who lives in Victoria, BC (we miss you Patrick!)

My sister in law brought up their boat, so we had fun out on the water.  Artoo liked bumping on all the waves, but mostly he liked pretending to drive the boat when people were getting in and out of the water on the tube or the knee board.

Cutest little Captain
The weather was beautiful for being at the lake.  We hit a high of 42 C on Thursday.  That's about 105F.  T'was steamy.

Chewie was very brave this year, and went out on the tube with his cousin Kody, who was very patient because Chewie wanted to go pretty slowly, and Kody's a pro.


Once the boys all got to the lake, there were more adults around for child minding and for boat driving, so my sister in law kindly taught me how to kneeboard.  I wouldn't say i'm going to become a professional kneeboarder anytime soon, but i did get up onto the board.

So much laughing

Pam, on the left, is laughing at me, on the right, because i couldn't get the strap up over my knees because i was sitting on it. There was a lot of laughter, and a lot of her spraying water into my face with her board. Good times.
another beautiful sunset

Friday was a bit smoky from nearby fires, but the sky was beautiful
The days were filled with sun and swimming and hot tubs (oh yeah, there's a hot tub there too) and playing and laughing and napping, and the evening were for spectacular sunsets, playing cards, more laughing, and snacking... so much snacking.

Found Heart. <3 b-rad="" td="">
as fun as it was, we were pretty happy to be heading home on Sunday.  Home is where our heart is.

Weekly Challenge #181: "Water"
Seeing as i spent the last five days in the water, i thought it'd be a good theme for a challenge this week.
i smashed my right hand into the boat this weekend, my lines are all wonky, but i think it adds to the texture. ;)

How will 'water' inspire you? Watery tangles? Watery colours? watercolours? water rings?

Have a great week!

If you have a blog, add the site-specific URL where your tile is posted to the linkey machine below! Don't forget to link back here so that others can join in the fun! (if you don't know how to find this, you can see my half assed tutorial here) Also, please feel free to come back often and visit the links of those people on the linkey machine - don't forget to leave a comment or feedback, everyone loves feedback. ;) 
If you don't have a blog but still want to participate, you can email your tile to me and i will put it in the slideshow. (send submissions to: weeklychallenge at mail.com[not gmail, just mail]. I just ask that you put in the subject line: Challenge # ________ 
The deadline for each weekly challenge is Saturday night so that i can round everyone up by Sunday. What this means is that i will stop adding tiles to the slideshow on Sunday. You're still more than welcome to do the challenges and add your name to the linkey machine. - although to be honest the deadline is pretty forgiving.
 I will be more diligent with the linkey machine - by editing out the ones that don't work, the doubles, the links that lead to nowhere, the links that go just to blog home pages (this is why we need those site specific urls), and the spam. And there is some spam. PLEASE do not put your *home* page in the linkey machine... please? for me??

16 comments:

  1. What a fun morning I had playing with water in zentangle! Thank you Laura for a fabulous post to inspire and your beautiful tile!

    ReplyDelete
  2. In spite of moaning and grumbling on my blog - well it's what blogs are for, isn't it?- I really enjoyed this challenge. So many patterns to choose from, so little space! Thanks, Laura.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely cottage experience. I remember going to a rented cottage when I was a kid - great fun. Your tangle is really neat - I especially like the bubble on knightsbridge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm really glad that you had such great days with your family. Great photo's of the boys!!!!
    I like your tile, great colors and Knightbridge is beautiful here. I just colored a few tiles blue and have to wait now for them to dry.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the challenge: I had a lot of fun playing with some new-to-me tangles, and my pretty blue glitter Gelly Roll pen!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cool........pics, sunsets, your tile!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanx for the challenge! I will try and come by next week again.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a gorgeous place! Love your photos <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fabulous place, love the sunsets. Thanks for the challenge, really enjoyed myself with this one. Linda x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks like this summer has been a very adventurous and fun one for you and your family!! That's important! Anyway, I love your tile and this was a fun challenge!! Thank you as always!! :0) Share humanity

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for the virtual vacation! And the challenge....

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am loving looking at people's work this week. All of the lovely water is relaxing and joyful. Pools and beaches and ponds and splashes and waves...so nice

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fun challenge this week. Great tiles too.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is my first time participating in the weekly challenge. It gave me some direction. Thanks. I tried to size my link to 550x680, but I think Wordpress might have had other ideas. We'll see.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Had a little trouble getting started this week, but eventually came up with a tile that I like. It's not really a vacation type water scene, but it's definitely a water scene.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This was such a perfect theme for the end of summer and the beginning of school! I had a lot of fun with it. I'm curious. . . it looks like you assemble the submissions into a slideshow each week, but I'm unable to find how to access it. If they're not in a slideshow, that's totally ok, but if they are, I don't want to miss out! It'd be awesome to see them all together. Is there a place I can go to find it?

    ReplyDelete

tangle me some zen, baby!!