Monday, August 25, 2014

Weekly Challenge #182

Happy Monday All!! Short post today!!

Pretty slow week over here, which is nice for a change.  We have one last week before school begins - unfortunately it's been cold and yucky for most of the week.  In fact, yesterday (Sunday) it was 10C and raining (that's 50F... and still raining no matter what method of temperature measurement you use.

It was a lovely day for taking the ALS IceBucketChallenge.

My super sexy husband nominated me for the challenge so - off i went.  If you'd like to see that video, it's posted on my Facebook page HERE

Weekly Challenge #182: "Stripes"

This is not the first time we've done this stripes challenge - but there something nice about revisiting a challenge.

Like visiting an old friend for coffee.

So this week, try out some stripes in your challenge piece.  Vertical, horizontal, diagonal, crossways, whatever you like!

Have a great week!
If you have a blog, add the site-specific URL where your tile is posted to the linkey machine below! Don't forget to link back here so that others can join in the fun! (if you don't know how to find this, you can see my half assed tutorial here) Also, please feel free to come back often and visit the links of those people on the linkey machine - don't forget to leave a comment or feedback, everyone loves feedback. ;) 
If you don't have a blog but still want to participate, you can email your tile to me and i will put it in the slideshow. (send submissions to: weeklychallenge at mail.com[not gmail, just mail]. I just ask that you put in the subject line: Challenge # ________ 
The deadline for each weekly challenge is Saturday night so that i can round everyone up by Sunday. What this means is that i will stop adding tiles to the slideshow on Sunday. You're still more than welcome to do the challenges and add your name to the linkey machine. - although to be honest the deadline is pretty forgiving.
 I will be more diligent with the linkey machine - by editing out the ones that don't work, the doubles, the links that lead to nowhere, the links that go just to blog home pages (this is why we need those site specific urls), and the spam. And there is some spam. PLEASE do not put your *home* page in the linkey machine... please? for me??

20 comments:

  1. Great Laura, that you did this (not really pleasant) challenge for ALS!!!!!
    Thanks for another nice challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You always support every good cause and you never disappoint in the challenge for the week. I love your tile....it helped me see outside of the geometric box. I love that you added organic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was brave, taking the Ice Bucket in that cold weather !

    ReplyDelete
  4. You give me something to look forward to each week. Thank you. Your work is always beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool......bucket challenge and tile!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for your weekly challenges - I really enjoy them. Your stripes are really neat - I especially like the tangle on the right and the subtle colouring.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Laura, you're tile is beautiful! My first time doing stripes, and I enjoyed it very much! Oh, and whenever you're ready, just send that cold weather to So California. It's been, nothing but blazing!! But we did have a crazy hail storm last Wed. Must've been the water challenge that brought that on!! ;0) As always , thanks of the challenge! :0) Share Humanity

    ReplyDelete
  8. Posted mine. I seem to do stripes a Lot - in fact, I'd just done a strip-ish one on Sunday, which I included on my blog post. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the challenges, always, but especially this past week or so has been exceptionally challenging here in Arizona. Appreciate the opportunity to create and refocus. Have a brilliant day! C

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't know why this one appealed to me so much but it did. I enjoyed it and I think I'm going to do some more using stripes for strings. Great idea, Laura, thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is the second weekly challenge in which I have participated. (I can see that the challenge is habit forming---in a good way). I did this one while feeling very sad for a friend who had just lost a beloved golden retriever.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This week's theme was a meaningful one for me. I love how a simple concept (stripes) ends up with gorgeous, unexpected outcomes!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Please miss, I've put a second one on this week, hope you don't mind. Creating a cover for a little album to keep my Challenge tiles in and realised it was stripes. Very different from my first attempt, a bit freer. Anyway, hope you like it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is only the second challenge I've participated in. I really liked this one; I had so many ideas. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you a whole lot for your in style(p) teachers day quotes. I'll include this in my instructor’ersus twenty-four hours presentation. For much more professors time is quoting you lavatory look at land site.
    send free messages

    ReplyDelete
  16. This my first time doing your challenge...hope you like it.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oops, link #79 was accidentally a link to my entry for last weeks challenge. Please forgive, and check out link #80 instead :). Stripes were so much fun to work with, and everyone has done such a beautiful job with this challenge. Thank you so much for providing us all with a space to share our artistic endeavors!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm happy for you with regard to providing the knowledge about your teacher’s 24-hour interval. The speech about educator’utes twenty-four hours is additionally incredibly supporting and is also useful for us with arranging my lecturers time talking to myteachersday.in

    ReplyDelete
  19. Laura, I really loved this challenge; I love tangling stripes. Had so much fun, when I finished the first one, I immediately did another. Keep the great challenges coming, along with news and pictures of your family.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love the challenges! Keep them coming!

    ReplyDelete

tangle me some zen, baby!!