Monday, September 15, 2014

Weekly Challenge #185

Happy Monday everyone!

Another week has flown by.


Chewie is still adjusting to the different schedule of Grade one. The day is jam packed with blocks of learning and it's a big change from Kindergarten.  We got to go to Chewie's school this week and meet his teacher.  She is very sweet and kind and full of smiles.  Everything a first grade teacher should be!  She said her main concern is that the kids enjoy school.

One really great thing that has come from Chewie being back in school is the reinstating of Artoo's naps!  :D

he's my boy that will sleep until 9:30 some days, so having to get up that extra bit early has really taken it's toll, and so nap time is back in business, which is awesome for me.  But we're still working out a nap schedule that works for everyone that gets him some sleep but not TOO much sleep, but also enough that he's not a cranky monster when it's time to go get his brother from school.

Capes are fun. 
On the weekend we attended one of Chewie's friend's birthday party! She turns 5 on tuesday, and she had a super villain party.  The boys both had a great time, and i say anytime you get to dress in a costume is an awesome time.

SuperCute SuperChewie
 There were a lot of superheros and villains in attendance, including a VERY AWESOME joker! He was great with the kids and was running around in character and his costume was pretty rad.
fun times
in attendance were: Harley Quinn, Poison Ivy, The Riddler, The Joker, Batgirl, Batman, Captain America, Superman, Bumblebee, Spiderman, Silk, Lex Luthor, WonderWoman, and Catwoman.... i'm sure there were probably more...
The best Batman i've ever seen in my entire life. Ever. 
Weekly Challenge #185: DuoTangle - Phicops vs DivaDance
A duotangle is a term coined here, at Casa Diva, for a tile or piece that uses ONLY two tangles and their variations.

I think we look great together, don't you?
Last week i wrote about how B-rad and i were celebrating our 10th Anniversary.  I had the challenge all ready to go, and then Rick and Maria released the new tangle ING and so i decided to bump it to this week.

The challenge is to use ONLY the two tangles Phicops (created by my uber sexy hubby b-rad) and DivaDance (created in my honour by Rick and Maria) in a duotangle.  Step outs are in the links! 

Have a great week everyone!
Happy Tangling. 

If you have a blog, add the site-specific URL where your tile is posted to the linkey machine below! Don't forget to link back here so that others can join in the fun! (if you don't know how to find this, you can see my half assed tutorial here) Also, please feel free to come back often and visit the links of those people on the linkey machine - don't forget to leave a comment or feedback, everyone loves feedback. ;) 
If you don't have a blog but still want to participate, you can email your tile to me and i will put it in the slideshow. (send submissions to: weeklychallenge at mail.com[not gmail, just mail]. I just ask that you put in the subject line: Challenge # ________ 
The deadline for each weekly challenge is Saturday night so that i can round everyone up by Sunday. What this means is that i will stop adding tiles to the slideshow on Sunday. You're still more than welcome to do the challenges and add your name to the linkey machine. - although to be honest the deadline is pretty forgiving.
 I will be more diligent with the linkey machine - by editing out the ones that don't work, the doubles, the links that lead to nowhere, the links that go just to blog home pages (this is why we need those site specific urls), and the spam. And there is some spam. PLEASE do not put your *home* page in the linkey machine... please? for me??

17 comments:

  1. Fabulous challenge! I love both patterns in fact they are my go to patterns, I fell in love with them a long time ago as I did with your story in life Laura. Happy 10!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Had never done the Diva Dance before, and I'm not sure why. I really love it! This is what I love about these challenges. I get opportunities to fall in love. Have a beautiful day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like both of these patterns, Laura, but had a bit of trouble thinking of ways to put them together. I don't think mine will be very original this week but I'm posting before I look at the others. Thanks, as always, for the impetus.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These were both new tangles for me and was also my first attempt at a duotangle. I also had to work with less than optimal lighting because I'm in a hotel bed with my husband in Budapest, Hungary and he has the nerve to be trying to sleep---perhaps because it's after midnight here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This turned out to be a lot of fun-when I finished that is. I had a lot of trouble reversing direction on Phicops.
    Starting first grade is really hard! My grandson is also a first grader this year and says it is "too long", (moan). He was diagnosed with Type I diabetes 3 years ago and has not been away from his mother for more than 3 hours at a time, unless the sitter they get has Type I herself and can give him insulin, and test his blood before and after eating. So he also has a fear that he won't be taken care of by the staff at school. I am sure they will both get used to it by the end of this month.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This was a fun challenge!! Glad that Phicops and DivaDance united!! :0) Share Humanity

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice challenge, I 'm about to upload my result. I participated to the previous challenge for the first time, but I do not see a slideshow (of 2014) anywhere. Is this possible ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a good question. How do you get to he recent slideshows?

      Delete
  8. I've never used Phicops before and I love the Diva Dance. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These were both new-to-me tangles and learning them gave me something to focus on just when I needed it. Thanks for the challenge and dance on!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Two more new tangles for me, too! So many tangles, so little time. Will definitely use more Diva Dance....need lots more practice on Phicops. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is my first entry! These tangles were new for me too - and I just made a blog for them; please excuse the state of the blog, it is still under construction.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Two fun tangles to do as a Duotangle.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fun and challenging as always - I've loved Phicops since the first time I saw it, but always had trouble with it. I think I may finally "get it" now!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fun challenge! I really enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great challenge, Laura. I've always loved Diva Dance, and Phicops is not too shabby, either. Now I have to go see what everyone else did with them.

    ReplyDelete

tangle me some zen, baby!!