Monday, November 10, 2014

Weekly Challenge #193

Another post by a wonderful Guest blogger!! here's the fabulous Holly Atwater, CZT! 
-Laura

Hello all! 

I am so happy to be a guest challenge maker (sounds very official) for THE DIVA this week! My name is Holly Atwater, otherwise known as ha! designs. I was lucky enough to meet our fearless leader at Certified Zentangle Teacher Seminar 15 in Providence, Rhode Island this past June. (I was so blessed to be able to attend the seminar with BOTH of my daughters!)

Fun at Seminar
My girls and I take "selfies" with the famous DIVA!"

I'm sure that most of you have had the opportunity to read Laura's account of the first couple of days of that wonderful seminar... however... she didn't finish her story. (I think life got in the way!) Soooo... before I get into what the challenge is this week I want to take this opportunity to share a little bit about Laura's part of the seminar. Laura was a guest speaker for one of the evening events at seminar. My daughters and I were so excited to listen to her speak, we have been fans since we happened upon this awesome blog when we started tangling. 

By the time Laura was ready to speak, the room was buzzing... full to capacity. I don't think a single CZT 15 attendee was absent for this optional event. EVERYONE knows Laura! But... everyone didn't know Laura's story... It was beautiful... Happy... Funny... Sad... Inspiring... Had Broadway moments... Uplifting… Funny... Educational (I learned a lot about Saskatoon & Regina)... Funny... Heartwarming... Tangle Pattern learning (Phicops)... Tear jerking... Funny... and possibly one of the best overall entertaining speeches I've heard. We all know Laura is a fantastic writer... but w.o.w. she can speak too!! If you ever have the opportunity to hear her tell her story and the part Zentangle plays in it... please do... you will be touched. (Laura... you're amazing!)

After Laura's inspirational speech, my daughters and I stood in line to get a chance to speak to Laura AND take selfies! (Of course!!) I told her about how the girls and I were fans, but that we were nothing compared to my dad, (Ross Weaver), who has completed EVERY single challenge and has them all organized in HUGE three ring binders that include stepouts for each pattern. It's pretty incredible! (My dad always tells me that HE should have been the one to go to seminar! He's right!) 

Challenges...
Some of the challenges my dad has done PLUS his binders!

Tangling Away...
Here's my dad... tangling away!

Laura was so thoughtful... She immediately grabbed the tile that she had used during her speech to demonstrate how to draw Phicops, flipped it over, and addressed it to my dad and mom. It was a very special moment for me. Thank you Laura for your generosity and thoughtfulness. 

Diva Awesomeness
Laura poses with the infamous tile...

I guess it's time to get on to this week's challenge...

Weekly Challenge #193 : TriTangle : Trio, Huggins, & Xyp (THX)

Tomorrow is Veteran's Day in the United States, and Thanksgiving is just a couple of weeks away. In the spirit of gratitude and celebration of both of these events I would like to issue a challenge of THX (thanks). This week's challenge is a TriTangle (I love how it's almost a triangle! Is this a new word, Laura? [holly - as far i know, you just coined it - laura]!) using the patterns of:

Trio (pattern by CZT, Hanny Waldburger)
Huggins (by Zentangle)
Xyp (by Zentangle)

Zentangle® Inspired Art : Huggins, Xyp, & Trio
A tile of THX... I have so much to be grateful for. 

I so enjoyed being your substitute challenge maker this week. I hope you enjoy this challenge and have the opportunity to think of all the things YOU'RE grateful for while you tangle away!

Please visit me at my blog some time... http://hadesigns.blogspot.com... or at my Facebook artist page  https://www.facebook.com/hadesigns.czt. It would be so nice to see you again! 

THX!

Hi! I’m Holly… and I have an addiction… to all things ZENTANGLE® (art-and-crafts-and-cooking-and-baking-and-Bikram yoga…). I really think this is a very healthy (overall) addiction(s) to have. Anyway, that’s what I tell my ever-so-patient awesome husband.

I live in Southern California, and am blessed to be a mom to the two most amazing daughters (also CZTs)! They are a constant inspiration… I also have the most adorable furry puppy-son. (Look at that photo! Isn’t he just super cute?!) 


I am absolutely thrilled to be a Certified Zentangle Teacher™! I feel so lucky to share this amazingly inspirational and meditative art method with my students. I encourage all to take a class! You’ll love the experience! You can always find me at www.hadesigns.blogspot.com to follow my adventures in life & art. Stop by anytime! 
If you have a blog, add the site-specific URL where your tile is posted to the linkey machine below! Don't forget to link back here so that others can join in the fun! (if you don't know how to find this, you can see my half assed tutorial here) Also, please feel free to come back often and visit the links of those people on the linkey machine - don't forget to leave a comment or feedback, everyone loves feedback. ;) 
i'm currently trying to decide what to do about the challenge slideshows (read here)... if you have any ideas i would love to hear from you! 
If you don't have a blog but still want to participate, you can email your tile to me and i will put it in the slideshow. (send submissions to: weeklychallenge at mail.com[not gmail, just mail]. I just ask that you put in the subject line: Challenge # ________ 
The deadline for each weekly challenge is Saturday night so that i can round everyone up by Sunday. What this means is that i will stop adding tiles to the slideshow on Sunday. You're still more than welcome to do the challenges and add your name to the linkey machine. - although to be honest the deadline is pretty forgiving.
 I will be more diligent with the linkey machine - by editing out the ones that don't work, the doubles, the links that lead to nowhere, the links that go just to blog home pages (this is why we need those site specific urls), and the spam. And there is some spam. PLEASE do not put your *home* page in the linkey machine... please? for me??

15 comments:

  1. Laura.... I had soooo much fun filling in for you! Thank you again for the opportunity! Wishing Artoo the speediest of recoveries! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Holly, a super selection of tangles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holly, this was my first attempt to use these tangles. Thanks for forcing me to stretch. Like you, I think I'm partial to Trio.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great challenge, Holly - great choice of guest blogger, Laura! Here's hoping Artoo is making a good recovery. Hugs and kisses. Axxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Holly, a big THX for this wonderful challenge :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Holly thanks for the filling in challenge!!! I forgot to tell you how awesome i think that is that your father does Zentangle too!! What fun to do that together. And your daughters too! What a Zentangle family you have!!! It was a fun challenge! ;0) Share Humanity

    ReplyDelete
  7. This was my first time participating in a Diva challenge! I just got back from CZT17 last week and heard about it there!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is my first time too to participate in the challenge thanks to Holly you chose my pattern Trio. So I guess I did it all wrong ;0) I added the link before I am ready with the blog and the picture. I'll leave a comment again, when everything is set.... Sorrry for that!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've combined doing my first challenge with doing my very first actual tangle. Had lots of fun, thanks for the challenge. Love looking through the various results, too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice challenge. Was not familiar with Trio. Hope I did it justice. Laura, glad to hear that Artoo is starting to feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Holly and everyone! This time I got it right, I added the correct link that lead directly to my tiles. Holly could you delete my first entry as no 54? Thank you! It was fun and it was really a challenge to combine the three patterns. I usually choose more round patterns to go with Trio, but it was nice to figure out a way to combine it with Huggins and Xyp! I will definitely participate again in the Diva Challenge! Thank you Holly :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I did my first Diva Challenge yesterday, just posted it! It was alittle harrowing at first, the first time I did huggins and had some issues with it, but finally got it right! Thanks for the opportunity to participate in this wonderful challenge! Thanks! --Lori

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks, Holly! I enjoyed your post, pictures, and challenge! Your dad is right, he need to become a CZT too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love to try the new ones. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete

tangle me some zen, baby!!