Did you miss me? I missed you - it was nice to have a break from blogging and focus on the family - but i did miss blogging and writing and sharing with all of you!
I want to give a HUGE thank you and shout out to all my fabulous guest bloggers:
Cris Letourneau (#192)
Holly Atwater (#193)
Elisa Murphy (#194)
Sandy Hunter (#195)
Emily Classon (#196)
It was so nice to just know that the challenge was in such capable hands. You ladies did an amazing job! Thank you!!
So - I'm sure you're all wondering what we've been up to over here at Casa Diva. More specifically, wondering how Artoo is recovering.
In my last update i told you a bit about the surgery.
We went to see his Ophthalmologist here in Saskatoon, and she told us that his eyes look very healthy - that the stitches were all still in place. She told me a bit more about how the botox would work. Artoo had botox injected into his interior eye muscles to relax them, as they have become super tight seeing as they've had no resistance for 4 years (Moebius Syndrome 101: Cranial Nerve VI attaches to the outside muscles of the eyes. Artoo's muscles have no nerves attached, therefore he can not move his eyes from side to side.)
Right now the stitches are holding everything in place, and as the botox wears off and those inside muscles begin to pull again, we will see the final result of the surgery. It will probably take until February or so - it's a long wait to find out how successful the surgery was.
|wearing a silly hat for Silly Hat Day at Chewie's school|
|Still such a happy boy.|
|this may be one of the cutest pics of my boys|
- It has snowed much snow. Chewie is loving it, me - not so much.
- I have new Winter Tires on my van, so driving is much nicer now.
- B-rad's car has died so we have been a morning car-poolin' family for the past two weeks as we take him to work before taking Chewie to school - the plus side is that Chewie is on time every day ;)
- Chewie's parent/teacher conference was great - he's such a smart and caring kid. (proud!!)
- I've been doing a lot of art lately, which is nice. I'm slowly working on creating 100 Mandalas, i took Julie Gibbons' "5 days of Mandala Magic" course in the beginning of November (as well as my second year in her year long mandala magic course), i'm also taking part in Julie Fei-Fan Balzer's #CarveDecember challenge, wherein you carve a rubber stamp each day... (you can see many of these things on my instagram feed @iamthediva)
- I started painting again (happy!!)
- I killed my treadmill (sad!!)
- B-rad and I had an amazing experience meeting the Canadian band Mother Mother (They are awesome!) and watching them rock out!
Also, as many of my regular readers know, i tend to take the last half of December off from challenges - because Christmas with kids is awesome and fun, but it's also crayyyyzeee busy. So, you have this week's challenge and next week's challenge - then we're back in January!
Weekly Challenge #197: "New Official Tangle - Arukas"
Last weekend a new official tangle was announce in the Zentangle Newsletter - it's called Arukas... which is cleverly Sakura backwards!
This is one fun tangle. If you haven't had a chance to play with it - today is your lucky day!!! This week's challenge is to use the new tangle in your tile or inspired piece.
Before i go:
The lovely and talented Carole Ohl has gifted me with some Tangle A Day 2015 calendars to give away!
(If you don't want to wait, you can buy your own here) And so i will be giving away three copies to three lucky people....
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Good luck everyone! happy tangling, have fun!!
If you have a blog or host your images on line (like on Flickr or Picassa or Pinterest), add the site-specific URL where your tile is posted to the linkey machine below! Don't forget to link back here so that others can join in the fun! (if you don't know how to find this, you can see my half assed tutorial here) Also, please feel free to come back often and visit the links of those people on the linkey machine - don't forget to leave a comment or feedback, everyone loves feedback. ;)
I will be more diligent with the linkey machine - by editing out the ones that don't work, the doubles, the links that lead to nowhere, the links that go just to blog home pages (this is why we need those site specific urls), and the spam. And there is some spam. PLEASE do not put your *home* page in the linkey machine... please? for me??