Monday, January 26, 2015

Weekly Challenge #202

Good Morning!
Thank you, everyone, for your amazing submissions for Moebius Syndrome Awareness Day last week.

What a tough week it's been.  Both boys have been sick.  Both with Strep Throat which turned into Bronchitis for Artoo.  Chewie seemed to bounce back fairly quickly, but Artoo gets hit hard with these kinds of things.  Many sleepless nights and coughing fits and cranky family.

Not every week can be jam packed with good times.  This one, unfortunately, was a hard one.

We did get our Purple on for Artoo though and took the obligatory family purple picture. :D

Happy Moebius Awareness Day!!  Love the Harms Family.
I'm going to keep this week short and to the point.

Let's call that week done and move on shall we?

Weekly Challenge #202: "DuoTangle: Chebucto vs Copada"

This week's challenge is to create a DuoTangle, which is a tile using ONLY the two tangles given.  This week those two tangles are Chebucto and Copada.   This is the first time that the DuoTangle challenge has NOT been two official Zentangle tangles.  These tangles are by my fellow Saskatonian CZT - Margaret Bremner.  (you can find the step outs for these tangles in the links above)


These two tangles are both tangles i use regularly, but i thought it would be interesting to use them in a DuoTangle because they're both sort of border-type tangles.  How to work that into a DuoTangle?

I'm really interested to see what you all come up with.

Have a great week! 

If you have a blog, add the site-specific URL where your tile is posted to the linkey machine below! Don't forget to link back here so that others can join in the fun! (if you don't know how to find this, you can see my half assed tutorial here) Also, please feel free to come back often and visit the links of those people on the linkey machine - don't forget to leave a comment or feedback, everyone loves feedback. ;) 
If you have a blog or host your images on line (like on Flickr or Picassa or Pinterest), add the site-specific URL where your tile is posted to the linkey machine below! Don't forget to link back here so that others can join in the fun! (if you don't know how to find this, you can see my half assed tutorial here) Also, please feel free to come back often and visit the links of those people on the linkey machine - don't forget to leave a comment or feedback, everyone loves feedback. ;) 

22 comments:

  1. I sure hope everyone is well soon. It's so hard for the young ones when they're down, and hard for mama too! Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two kids sick at once. Tough. Been there. Done that. Usually, the parents then get sick when the kids are recovered and bouncing off the walls. This week, my response to the challenge is subtitled, "Snowmageddon Edition". I hope everyone feels better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You helped me stretch my tangle muscles this week Laura. Hope this week is a better one for you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for a great challenge. I'm sure I could have kept shading etc. but sometimes you gotta put the pencil down and walk away. :) have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do like your tile Laura, it's a great design. Hope the boys are better by now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sorry you've had a rough week. Here's hoping everything is back to 100% now! (P.S. - thanks for introducing me to these two great tangles!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Laura, I hope your boys are better!? Thank you for this challenge - it was hard to do this duotangle but I really liked to play with the patterns and let them "work" together... Many greetings from germany :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both tangles gave me a bit of trouble, but they are very fun to embellish. I'm sure I'll get better at them after a few more tries. Great challenge. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  9. Remember to take care of yourself while you are taking care of everyone else. I remember taking one of my kids in to the pediatrician who took one look at me and wrote me a prescription too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Remember to take care of yourself while you are taking care of everyone else. I remember taking one of my kids in to the pediatrician who took one look at me and wrote me a prescription too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I wish a speedy recovery to the children. Thank you for the challenge. It is the first time I get part. I hope I did it right.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wishing you and the boys some rest! Thank you for this challenge. Two "new-to-me" tangles and ones I would not normally gravitate to. This is my 3rd entry into these weekly challenges and I'm having WAY too much FUN!! House cleaning has taken a back seat! ....guess I have to go do that now... :( Deanne B.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for a really challenging challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gave me a chance to use a couple of tangles that I have not used much. I enjoy seeing Margaret's work. Hope that every one gets over "the crud" soon.

    ReplyDelete
  15. At first I wasn't too sure about the tangles...they were definitely challenging. But a bit of perseverance and there you go something I would like to do over and try again in a different way, funny how that often happens once I get going. Hope everyone is better...as a Mom it's hard to do it all, take care of yourself remember if you don't no one will. BTW you all look wonderful in purple!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I hope that by now everyone's back to normal and feeling good. It's really cruddy when everyone's suffering.

    When I began working on this challenge, I wasn't too sure about using these tangles together. But once I got going on it, I was surprised at how it just rolled along. I ended up doing 2, and couldn't decide which I preferred; so I've posted them both.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful tile and family picture. I hope your baby is feeling better now.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hope everyone's feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I hope the family is well now; I can't imagine having two sick children at one time. I'm glad that Chewie managed to shake it off and I hope that Artoo can recover soon. Your tile is beautiful and I have got to say that I love the family picture all in purple. Purple is one of my most favorite colors. At any rate, I hope that everyone is on the mend and that you stay well too. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks for the challenge. This is the first time I have submitted anything for a blog challenge! YAY! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Took a few liberties with this one!

    ReplyDelete

tangle me some zen, baby!!