Monday, February 2, 2015

Weekly Challenge #203

Happy Monday everyone!

The boys are recovering from strep throat, but i think Artoo has a bit of a viral cough on top of things.  It seems to be going away, but it's taking it's sweet time - as all viruses seem to hook their claws in and outstay their welcome with him.

cutesy poo
 Artoo and i had some sweet arty times this week - he asked if we could make paintings, and so i set up the computer and we listened to his songs and we both painted.  It was totally rad.  loved it.

they love each other, and that's so awesome
 We're still sort of in recovery from last week when everyone was sick, and so one night last week i got out of the house and bought some groceries with this chicka... as you do when you're a mom - you go on grocery trips with friends.... but then we had beer.  it was great.  mmmm. beer.

Beeeeeeeeer.
 Chewie is signed up for a Zumba class with his friend E.  He really likes it, but it's not as "strict" as the zumba class he took a few years ago.  This one seems to be more running around, less dancing, but it gets him out of the house for a little bit in this freezing weather.  I didn't get to take him last week because instead i was at the school attending Kindergarten information night (AHHHH!!!!! OMG ARTOO IN KINDERGARTEN!??) and trying not to hyperventilate with anxiety.   So this week i took him and i brought Artoo with us.

Artoo loves music and we often have dance parties in the kitchen - we got there and he took his boots off and said: "Bye mom! I'm going to go do zumba now!" and made himself at home.

Sadly this class is full, or i would have signed him up then and there... i didn't realize it was a class for ages 4-6, or i would have totally signed him up.

this is probably one of my favourite photos of all time.
 He had just as much fun dancing on the sidelines though.

my three boys, playing dominoes
 Chewie's friend E just got back from Disneyland 3 weeks ago - and now she is 100% into Star Wars.... So, Chewie asked if E could come over for a sleepover.... and every day he asked if it was the day.... so i wrote down the day on a calendar and he could count down the days himself instead of asking me all the time.... but this Saturday.... was the day.

Pizza and Star Wars and besties
B-rad and Artoo were out for the night at a family dinner, so Chewie and E had the house to themselves.  We ordered Pizza and watched Star Wars and they played Lego and drew Star Wars pictures.... and didn't go to bed until 11:30.... i'm still tired. lol

So, it was a better week - things are slowly getting back to normal.  How was yours?


Weekly Challenge #203: "UMT - Athitzi by Seven"
this week's Use My Tangle challenge is brought to you by Seven - and it is called Athitzi.  You can find the step outs for the tangle HERE  **My deepest apologies - this tangle is by Seven, Not Eleanor.  I must have been half asleep while writing this post.**


I really enjoyed this tangle. I found it very relaxing, and it's a no-brainer - as in you don't have to really think about 'steps' you can really zone out.  One of my favourite tangles is KEEKO because i love to draw those little lines.  So, naturally, i really enjoyed this one too.  It reminds me, very much, or the hatching technique they teach you in high school art classes. 

A good tip is to try to make your rows of tiny lines touch a little bit, and to keep your tiny lines close together. 

This week's challenge is to incorporate Athitzi into your tile or piece.  I know i'll probably come back again and again to this one.  

For those of you who don't know, the first Monday of the month, is a UMT Challenge (Use My Tangle), where the challenge is to learn and use a tangle created by one of you! It's awesome for me, because i don't have time to try all the new tangles i see on the web on a regular basis. This challenge makes sure i'm at least learning ONE new tangle a month... 
if you have a tangle you'd like to submit, please follow this link for the guidelines for submissions. Each month's tangle is chosen at random by www.random.org 

Have  a great week!
f you have a blog, add the site-specific URL where your tile is posted to the linkey machine below! Don't forget to link back here so that others can join in the fun! (if you don't know how to find this, you can see my half assed tutorial here) Also, please feel free to come back often and visit the links of those people on the linkey machine - don't forget to leave a comment or feedback, everyone loves feedback. ;) 
If you have a blog or host your images on line (like on Flickr or Picassa or Pinterest), add the site-specific URL where your tile is posted to the linkey machine below! Don't forget to link back here so that others can join in the fun! (if you don't know how to find this, you can see my half assed tutorial here) Also, please feel free to come back often and visit the links of those people on the linkey machine - don't forget to leave a comment or feedback, everyone loves feedback. ;) 

25 comments:

  1. Oh my, I love your photos this week, Laura!! How I can see your two boys growing up. I don't need to tell you to enjoy them now as you clearly do - it's such a special time when they start school and doing things for themselves. Looking forward to trying this UMT! Big hugs. Axxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved this tangle! Hope everyone is on the mend soon, I know how that goes when things run through the house! (I'm caught up I think!!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shouldn't this be challenge #203? Given your busy life, a few "mistakes" are inevitable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL!! YES, it should be. thanks for bringing it to my attention. all fixed now. in my defense, i was so tired last night i was slightly falling asleep while blogging. ;)

      Delete
  4. Love the picture of your little dancer. Kindergarten??? Oh, they grow up way too fast!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That photo of Artoo dancing is so precious! It's so wonderful that your two boys have such a good relationship with each other.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Laura, I hope you are all feeling in tip top shape! My daughter and I have both had the yuckies too!! (not fun!!!) Anyway, I love Athitzi! Thanks for sharing it and You did a fantastic job with it too!!
    Love the pics of the kiddos! I just got my packet for my daughter for kinder, also!!! It's gonna be so weird next year, with them all in school!!
    (More time to Tangle!!!!!!!) :0) Annette

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful pictures of your boys! I love the one of Artoo dancing :-)
    Thanks for the wonderful challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Artoo dancing is fantastic, this photo should be framed and ... bigified!!!! Your tile is very pretty and the challenge quite relaxing. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Laura,
    first of all thank you for using my tangle "Athitzi" but theres a mistake.
    The Link to the step outs is correct but the name is wrong. My is Seven, not Eleanor Holdt !
    Mistakes can happen.

    Wish you all a lot of fun with this tangle.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great challenge. This pattern is so simple with infinite possibilities, and you're right, it's so relaxing to draw. Thank you for everything you do here. I hope everyone is feeling better. I love the dancing Artoo pic!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Loved the challenge as I've always done a lot of cross-hatching but never though of doing it this way (and with shading!). So fun!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hope tha I had the right idea - is this really "Athitzi"? :-)
    colorful greeting from Berlin, Germany!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Glad you guys are well again and can enjoy the Zumba class-even from the sidelines! Thanks for the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely pictures of your boys! (I have 3 daughters!) Υou can understand what's going on!!!
    Thanks for the wonderful challenge! (sorry for my English!)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Artoo... "Way to ROCK ON with your bad self!" Laura... I love that you share photos of your family! "Athitzi has such design, texture, and shading potential. I'll be finding ways to use it often. (a tangle I would have initially overlooked) I love everyone's entries! ....Deanne B.

    ReplyDelete
  16. When I saw Athitzi, I wondered "what in the world am I going to do with it?", but after I've tried it, I really liked the tangle and will use it again

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hey, that illness really wiped you out....or maybe it was the beer? 202, 203 (who's counting right?) but I also noticed that when you go to the step outs for Athitzi, it's noted on that site that the pattern is by Seven, not by Eleanor....I loved this pattern and I love the dancing photo! Take care of yourself too!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I gave it a go. I'm not sure I captured what you were asking for, but I captured (sort of) the only thing I kept seeing in my mind. Thanks. I hope yall are feeling better. The crud has landed on everyone in our houses too...

    ReplyDelete
  19. Also... Montanamuse is Dianna B... I will start registering my tangles under that internet name since that is how everyone knows me...

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love your photos, especially the Zumba dancing! Adorable. Thanks for another fun Zentangle challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi, Everybody. I finally caught up. Sorry for the double entry as # 83 and 84. They are the same person. I was still doing the weekly challenges, but slowly catching up and finally able to post them. Sorry to lurk so long.

    ReplyDelete
  22. That's a tangle I will absolutely use again! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thanks for introducing me to a great tangle!

    ReplyDelete

tangle me some zen, baby!!