Monday, March 2, 2015

Weekly Challenge #207

This week Artoo was in the Emergency room twice.
The very short version of this story is that Artoo has croup (the first ER visit) and then he had an asthma attack brought on by croup (the second ER visit)

It was a serious week here at Casa Diva.

I am so very grateful for my Mother for rushing to our house at 10:30 at night, and for both my mom and dad for helping out with taking Chewie to and from school. 

To my good pal Tara who convinced me to take Artoo the second time. 

but mostly for B-rad who has proved again and again what an amazing father he is.  He's been sleeping in Artoo's room each night - taking the nights, so i can take the days.  But on top of that he's been going in to work taking care of our family.  I am really very blessed.

Artoo is feeling better but he always recovers slowly from these types of things.  I think he's out of the scary woods now though (knock on all the wood!)

Here's this week's challenge

Weekly Challenge #207: "UMT - Unbatz by Sandy Hunter, CZT"
On the first Monday of each month I choose a tangle created by one of you! (If you have a tangle to submit you can go here and check the submission guideline!)

this month's tangle is brought to you by Sandy Hunter, a fellow CZT.  



You can see the step outs for Unbatz on Sandy's blog here - i found unbatz a very fun little tangle.  I played with the sizes of the little 'u's on the bottom, there, to see what would happen.

also, this is another great example of me using my first tile - on the right i had attempted a different tangle, but in the end it was too busy and i didn't like it. (you can see part of it peeking through the mooka there) but instead of starting over, i just got my trusty enormous black marker and covered the whole thing, then used my tangle Somnee with a white gelly roll!  Now i love it!! Hooray! 

Have a great week!

If you have a blog, add the site-specific URL where your tile is posted to the linkey machine below! Don't forget to link back here so that others can join in the fun! (if you don't know how to find this, you can see my half assed tutorial here) Also, please feel free to come back often and visit the links of those people on the linkey machine - don't forget to leave a comment or feedback, everyone loves feedback. ;) 
If you have a blog or host your images on line (like on Flickr or Picassa or Pinterest), add the site-specific URL where your tile is posted to the linkey machine below! Don't forget to link back here so that others can join in the fun! (if you don't know how to find this, you can see my half assed tutorial here) Also, please feel free to come back often and visit the links of those people on the linkey machine - don't forget to leave a comment or feedback, everyone loves feedback. ;)

18 comments:

  1. Wishing you a much less stressful week and a healthy family :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember the trips to Emergency with my eldest and his many attacks of croup - so very scary. He's 16 now and has had no lasting effects. We were always told that it was better to go to hospital than take the risks involved. Take care. Axxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. For some reason, I found this tangle difficult to master (almost master). I was about to throw up my hands when I told myself that if you could get a weekly challenge post done after the week you had, then the least I could do was to persevere. I hope Artoo is feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a terrifying week it must have been for you. I'll keep Artoo and your family in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you all are well and Artoo is better now! Thanks for the nice challenge, I liked Unbatz :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope everyone can just relax now. That is so stressful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hoping your little one is better...there is so much crud going around and with Artoo's fragility you have to be extra vigilant...you're family is often in our thoughts. This weeks UMT was interesting and I have been fascinated with people's interpretation of it...thank you for taking the time to share in spite of your family's needs. Let us know if we can help in some way, we all want to.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I seem to spend too much time grumbling about the patterns I can't do! This one is neither grid nor freeform and has caused me quite some annoyance. The thing is, it's good for me to step out of the box/grid. I've looked at lots of the others this month and quite a few people have made something special. You wait, I'll find my fortw one of these days!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your tile, too. Thanks for this tangle. I'd forgotten some of the other tangles by Sandy Huntrer i had used in the past. Now I have this one to add to the mix.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Finally got mine done :) Hope everyone feels better soon. We finally got dad out of the hospital too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Laura, I signed up for CanTangle this week and I am so excited that I will finally be able to meet you in person! Really looking forward to it! Sue

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hope Artoo is better and that you had some relaxing time this week. Loved the new tangle and your tile is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Unbatz iis a rall y sweet tangle. Hope you are on top of things now!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I hope Artoo is better and that the whole family is well again. It can be very scary when little ones need to be rushed off to the ER.
    I finally finished a challenge before the last minute. Hope I can keep up the momentum.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I hope you all are well and Artoo is better now! Thanks for the nice challenge!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for another great challenge. Hope you're having a better week.

    ReplyDelete
  17. You are amazing. So much going on in your life and you still have time for your fans! Sending hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  18. And then, all of a sudden, the Linky Machine disappeared!!! Not only here but also at The wise Owl and a Dutch blog. Any idea?????

    ReplyDelete

tangle me some zen, baby!!