Monday, March 9, 2015

Weekly Challenge #208

Happy Monday everyone - and an extra cup of coffee those of you who are Springing Forward with Daylight savings time...or...do you get to sleep in? I honestly have no idea how that works.  ;)  We don't actually have daylight savings time in Saskatchewan.... our time never changes.  It's awesome.  lol


Things are slowly getting back to normal around here, and let me tell you - that's a relief. 

So proud of his 'note'.
One of the down sides to having someone literally cough and sneeze in your face all week is that inevitable you will catch whatever they had.  We think that Artoo had Croup and then caught a random virus on top of that.  Currently i am battling sinus pain and headaches and runny noses and general feeling tired and exhausted.

You can tell when things are busy at home because i don't take as many pictures as i usually do. LOL.  oh well.

Artoo is feeling better every day.   One of the things i didn't get a chance to talk about last week was the meeting that B-rad and i had with the principal of the school that Artoo will start in the fall. (YES! Kindergarten!! It's happening!!!)  It seems so terrifying to have him out there in the world without his mama there to take care of him all the time.  I'm worried.  all the basic mama worries - but at least now we are getting a plan in place.  

Chewie is super excited to have Artoo at his school.  i keep catching them talking about it together. it's so. freaking. cute. 




One awesome thing this week was i was invited to my friend's home to teach an Intro to Zentangle class.  It was a fun group of ladies, there was a lot of tasty food and even some bubbly!  My ladies rocked the class - and they even took on Phicops!  I don't usually teach Phicops in an intro class, but they did great!

don't you think?

Weekly Challenge #208: "Duotangle - Cubine vs Pokeroot"

I just love me some duotangle.

A duotangle is a term that originated here on my blog - and it means to use ONLY TWO tangles and their tanglations throughout your tile.

For this week's challenge please use only Cubine and Pokeroot and their variations. (follow the links for the step outs)

i just really love how this one turned out.  
If you'd like an AMAZING tutorial on variations of Cubine, please check out my fellow Saskatonian CZT Margaret Bremner's blog.  It's jam packed with cubiney goodness.  Get inspired!!

also, part of the reason i chose these two tangles is because i happened to teach both these tangles at my class the other night, and if any of my ladies are stopping by today i wanted them to have NO EXCUSES not to try the challenge.  (Hello Ladies!! get crackin! you JUST learned these tangles! lol)

have a great week!

If you have a blog, add the site-specific URL where your tile is posted to the linkey machine below! Don't forget to link back here so that others can join in the fun! (if you don't know how to find this, you can see my half assed tutorial here) Also, please feel free to come back often and visit the links of those people on the linkey machine - don't forget to leave a comment or feedback, everyone loves feedback. ;) 
If you have a blog or host your images on line (like on Flickr or Picassa or Pinterest), add the site-specific URL where your tile is posted to the linkey machine below! Don't forget to link back here so that others can join in the fun! (if you don't know how to find this, you can see my half assed tutorial here) Also, please feel free to come back often and visit the links of those people on the linkey machine - don't forget to leave a comment or feedback, everyone loves feedback. ;)


14 comments:

  1. I'm so very pleased for you that Artoo is getting better and ... I'm so sorry for your that you feel bad now.
    I do like your tile and the tangles you have chosen for this week's challenge. As always, I'm curious what I will make of it :-) Thanks for bringing it to us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for all the inspiration! I am going to CZT#18 and I feel so much more confident because of your challenges! You take me to places I wouldn't go on my own! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tricky tangle mix! Made me think!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I accidentally linked to the wrong blog post on my first one (#25). Have corrected it for #30.

    ReplyDelete
  5. After hours of trying to manipulate cubine I finally just let cubine do its own thing. That was a good thing....Thanks Laura for always giving me a challenge that stretches my creativity and usually teaches me to just be still and enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great Challenge! Pokeroot is one of my favorite tangles and I loved having a chance to play and experiment with Cubine - which was harder than I initially imagined.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Didn't turn out like I was thinking but still like it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really enjoyed these duo-tangles! Thank you for the information on Margaret Bremner's tutorial on cubine it was really helpful...loads of different ideas too! I really like cubine...it has such a dimensional effect.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hope enough time has gone by that you're feeling better. I really like your tile; I wasn't quite so creative, but it'll do.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really enjoyed this week's challenged and played around with it quite a bit. I am quite satisfied with the results :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This was such a fun challenge, Laura! Thank you! I hope you are feeling much better. It looks like your class was a blast! Those ladies are so lucky to be able to learn from YOU!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just want to take a moment to thank you for being so inspirational and motivating tanglers everywhere: Thank you!!! So appreciate the time you take and ideas you put forth. I am a sometime-tangler and always looking for inspiration. I clicked through many of the links on a recent post of Rick and Maria's and was dismayed to find how many blogs had not been updated in years. I know it's not easy (my own blog has wound down to just a couple of updates a year). Appreciate your dedication and sharing nature. You are touching lives in a very positive way!

    ReplyDelete

tangle me some zen, baby!!