Monday, March 16, 2015

Weekly Challenge #209

Good Monday Morning!!

I don't want to jinx it or anything, but i think Spring may be almost here.  The boys and i spent some time this weekend playing outside, and boy was it nice to just be outside without freezing our skin off. 

Artoo and I splashing in a puddle
I'm really excited for the nice weather, but also because i think Artoo will be a little bit more adventurous and independent this year.

Jumping for Joy!
There's nothing quite like jumping on ice to make it all break apart. I don't know why that's so satisfying, but it is.  It's nice to see that Chewie enjoys this as much as i do.

Smiley little helper man
Artoo, Chewie and I brushed some of the snow off the top deck.  I can't wait to lounge out here while the kids play this summer.

SWINGING
Yes, this is Spring in Saskatchewan, and it could snow again at a moment's notice - but we'll take what we can get!!

This weekend i'm off to Calgary AB to speak at WeLove2Tangle.  I'm pretty excited, and nervous. Wish me luck.  (if you're in the area and you're interested in attending, it's open to all Zentangle enthusiasts, there may still be space available, registration is open until Tuesday!)

Weekly Challenge #209: "Saint Patty's"

i love a holiday themed challenge.  This week's challenge is to GREEN UP your tile.


On my tile i used my Sakura Koi watercolours, which i LOOOOOOVE, and put down a light wash of green watercolour.  (Oh my, did you know that the official Zentangle tiles are made out of the most delicious watercolour paper? EDIT: I was told this morning by a fellow CZT that the official zentangle tiles are NOT made of watercolour paper, they are made from PRINT MAKING paper, which i suppose is why they're so smooth.  Still, they do take a bit of a watercolour wash quite beautifully.)  I used the flow of the paint to create my string and tangled with my trusty Pigma Micron pen.  To add a bit of sparkle, i added just a touch of green sparkly gelly roll pen - also by Sakura. (if you're interested, i used Stardust Limestar #727)

You don't have to use watercolour. You can add green however you like! A green paper, or a green pen, a green marker or green pencil crayon shading... or maybe some other kind of awesome green thing that i haven't even thought of!!  You could also incorporate St. Patrick's day, tangling a shamrock or a rainbow with a pot of gold, or a leprechaun.... Should be fun!!

ENJOY!! (I sure did)

Have a great week!

If you have a blog, add the site-specific URL where your tile is posted to the linkey machine below! Don't forget to link back here so that others can join in the fun! (if you don't know how to find this, you can see my half assed tutorial here) Also, please feel free to come back often and visit the links of those people on the linkey machine - don't forget to leave a comment or feedback, everyone loves feedback. ;) 
If you have a blog or host your images on line (like on Flickr or Picassa or Pinterest), add the site-specific URL where your tile is posted to the linkey machine below! Don't forget to link back here so that others can join in the fun! (if you don't know how to find this, you can see my half assed tutorial here) Also, please feel free to come back often and visit the links of those people on the linkey machine - don't forget to leave a comment or feedback, everyone loves feedback. ;)

22 comments:

  1. Wow, Laura,. what a gorgoeus tile! Just the right amount of green and the tangles go together so vey well.
    Here in Holland, spring is also in the air. A lot of sunshine and the first flowers in bloom: daffodills, snowflakes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great tile - and good luck in Canada!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this tile Laura, like flowing fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love those pictures. (They make me feel so grateful for living in sunny AZ LOL!) Your tile is so pretty in green.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lara, I was looking for a specific tangle for this challenge that I recalled reminded of a carnation, and when I found it, it was YOUR Kofeforn! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Green is my favorite color so the whole tile is hard to take my eyes off of! I love the green sparkle and the way the tangles all flow together...what is the column-like tangle on the far right that looks like emeralds stacked upon one another?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for this Challenge! I love the green and I needed it too. We are starting to get warmer but still have enough snow that we won't be seeing green for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ohh that will be fun. I keep meaning to add some colour and now I have to :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Laura I really like the fluid, fabric like shapes top and left of your tile and the mix of patterns that somehow makes a coherent whole. I enjoyed doing this one as well, so thanks again for a great challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am not a fan of green but I definitely like St. Patty's Day. I did a Pokeroot variation (very not official lol) and substituted shamrocks for pokeroot. The Shattuck is like a greeny-yellow rainbow and the tidal is like the pot of gold :) My Green, Green-Yellow and Yellow-Green are all done with Crayola crayons lol

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous tile, Laura. Just the right touch of green.
    I'm with Jean; so glad to live in sunny, warm Arizona.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just done my first one but I don't think I like it, need to try again I think.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Isn't it WONDERFUL that Spring is on the way?! I am loving it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Am loving this challenge and seeing what everyone is creating! Love the shades of green in your work. And it seems that whether we are having a good or a bad winter here in the Northern Hemisphere...we are all ready for winter to be over! GO GREEN!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yay, my first challenge tangle. Thanks for supplying some motivation to put a little structure into my tangling adventures.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm from Greece and I don't Know "the St. Patty’s holiday" but green is my favorite color. So this challenge was a challenge ... !!! Thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Had so much fun with the first tile i made a second one ;)

    ReplyDelete
  18. This challenge really...ummm....challenged me. I am not a fan of my result but I shared it on my blog anyway. I kinda feel like it's important to examine your work realistically if you want to learn from it. And...new tanglers should see that sometimes it's just about the process, not the outcome, right?

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks for this challenge Laura! It finally got me to try my watercolour pencils and paper. I'm really intimidated by these, but I've always loved the look of watercolours. I'm guessing I just need to practice. Hope you and your boys can enjoy sun this week! We were 16 degrees yesterday in Southern Okanagan, BC! Yeah... Spring is here!! .....Deanne B.

    ReplyDelete

tangle me some zen, baby!!