Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Weekly Challenge #212

Thanks for the reprieve last week everyone.  It's meant a lot to me to have the time for our family to regroup.  I have been very sick all week long, too.  Ugh.  Head colds are just to worst.

But Artoo is feeling much better now, he's still got a bit of a cough but he seems to be on the mend.

We had a few Easter dinners with families, and they were fun.  A certain little bunny came by our house this weekend too.

Hoppy Easter - Love Artoo and Chewie
Finding Eggs
The boys had fun looking for eggs both at our house, and at Grandma's too.   
More hunting
We're now into Spring break so Chewie has the week off school, so hopefully we have more days like this where the boys can play outside in the yard - preferably in their easter bunny hats.
bunnies playing outside

Have a great week everyone. :)


Weekly Challenge #212: "UMT: Fanz by Susan Goetter"

For those of you who are new, the first Monday of every month is a Use My Tangle Challenge, where the challenge of the week is to use a tangle created by one of you!  If you have a tangle you'd like to submit you can add it here and be sure that it follows the guidelines for submission.

This months submission is from Susan Goetter, called "Fanz" you can see the step outs here


I really enjoyed this tangle, it really relies on the concept of aura-ing.  When creating the auras be mindful of the distance between the line you drew and the line you're drawing.

Have a great week!

If you have a blog, add the site-specific URL where your tile is posted to the linkey machine below! Don't forget to link back here so that others can join in the fun! (if you don't know how to find this, you can see my half assed tutorial here) Also, please feel free to come back often and visit the links of those people on the linkey machine - don't forget to leave a comment or feedback, everyone loves feedback. ;) 
If you have a blog or host your images on line (like on Flickr or Picassa or Pinterest), add the site-specific URL where your tile is posted to the linkey machine below! Don't forget to link back here so that others can join in the fun! (if you don't know how to find this, you can see my half assed tutorial here) Also, please feel free to come back often and visit the links of those people on the linkey machine - don't forget to leave a comment or feedback, everyone loves feedback. ;)


20 comments:

  1. Glad to see everyone getting better. Kids that is. Mommy must take care of herself too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad to learn that Artoo is on the mend---and I hope you are too. It looks like illness did not derail your Easter celebration. The boys are adorable in their bunny hats.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to know that Artoo is feeling better.. You take care of yourself too..

    ReplyDelete
  4. So, even while being sick, a challenge this week for us. Thank you Laura and take care!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are going to cherish those pics of the boys forever. How fun....this was a fun challenge and joint effort at our house this week. Thank you for organizing us every week. We really look forward to it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are one spunky girl, Laura! Thanks for hosting the challenge week after week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well it's good to know the boys are doing fine but, of course, it's a sort of given that Mum goes down with the dreaded lurgy as the children recover. I hope that Spring really is on its way and that you are full of its joys very soon. As for the Challenge, I enjoyed this one, although it was hard to decide what to do. I may even do another one. Thanks again, Laura.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Laura, Please remove my first submission. I accidentally linked it your post. The second submission is correctly linked. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great to hear that Artoo is better now. Your bunny-boys are so cute :-)
    Take care of yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I do miss seeing the little ones at Easter. Thanks for sharing your pics. Your family is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hope you are all feeling well soon. This challenge challenged me as usual! So much I had to do two tiles! Take care, Sarah.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am so glad everyone is feeling better and that you had a wonderful Easter with family. I love this weeks "Fanz" tangle. It gives so many options.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The boys look like the cutest bunnies!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I hope that by now everyone is feeling better. It's time that you guys have a break. This was a great challenge; Fanz allows for a lot of variations/tangleations.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I hope that everyone is back to normal and that you had a chance to take good care of yourself. Thank you so much for the time you put in here for us. I know that I appreciate it, as I am sure everyone else does too. I had a lot of fun with this tangle this week and will post more next week.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I didn´t thought that this challenge ist so difficult for my - I tried my very best.
    And as everyone wrote I hope that Artoo and the whole family is feeling good now.

    Greetings from Germany,
    Kerstin

    ReplyDelete
  17. Not a great FANZ for me- but at least I did it this week! Keep posting everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oops, scrolled too far down and added the 213 challenge to this one. Sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm late, I don't use scallops or fanz much so I wanted to do it. Worked a quilt show last week so it was hard to get it done on time. I rather like it. nothing was working with the fanz for me so I just started tangling and had an interesting results.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm late, I don't use scallops or fanz much so I wanted to do it. Worked a quilt show last week so it was hard to get it done on time. I rather like it. nothing was working with the fanz for me so I just started tangling and had an interesting results.

    ReplyDelete

tangle me some zen, baby!!