Monday, May 11, 2015

Weekly Challenge #217

What a week.

For those of you who don't know - Artoo was hospitalized this week.
So so tired
at 7:30 am - Wednesday morning he was sneezing and coughing, by 1:30pm i was giving him inhalers, and by 5:30 we were in emerg and he was on 3 Litres of oxygen.  Yes, it happens that fast sometimes.

We thought, perhaps, he was having another asthmatic episode, but when he did not improve with steroids they ordered a chest xray.  Thankfully, he's big enough now that he was able to do the chest xray while sitting on a bench, instead of the scary way they do infants.  He was unhappy, and i could see he was trying very hard to be brave.  He looked at me and said: "I'm being brave, even though i am very sad." oh. my sweet boy.


so sweet.
The chest xray showed some pneumonia in his lungs.  so they thought it could be bacterial but it just may have been viral and we were told they would be admitting us.  The problem, here, was that there were no beds upstairs in the PEDs ward.  Artoo spend 30 hours in the emergency room waiting for a bed.

yes.  
30.
holding hands
It was ridiculous.  And exhausting - for him and for me.  The first night i had just a little over one hour of sleep.  B-rad stayed home from work on thursday to come to the hospital so i could go home and sleep for a few hours before coming back.  

It took from 5:30 Wednesday evening to 11:30 Thursday night before they had a bed for Artoo.  On Friday morning, he had improved so much over night (amazing what a good night's sleep will do) that they took him off oxygen at 1:40 am.  later that morning they sent us home.

oh, and it WAS a viral pneumonia.  the virus that gave him pneumonia? Rhinovirus - or the common cold.

Artoo showing off his new Beads of Courage

Friday afternoon Artoo and i slept most of the afternoon, and when my parents brought Chewie home from school i watched a bit of TV with him while Artoo slept.  I missed my big little man.

On Sunday, i had the BEST EVER mothers day.
It started when my boys brought me breakfast in bed, B-rad helped them to make me toast with peanut butter and honey.  They boys also gave me the cards they had picked out for me.  so sweet.

cards from my boys, and homemade bathbombs from Chewie that he made at school
 after i opened my cards, we had a big family hug - several, actually, and Artoo read me a story.

Chewie offered to 'help me' pass a level on a video game -  which was more like him playing and me watching.  It was sweet though.  We passed the level.

This button was on my card from Artoo, i wore it all day.
 After lunch Chewie and i made a chocolate cake, and then while it was baking he suggested i go and have a nice relaxing bath with the bath bombs he made for me.

nice job, kid. 
The first 10 minutes of my 'relaxing bath' consisted of the boys coming to the door and shouting: "How's your bath, mom?? are you relaxed?" which i thought was really funny. 

In the afternoon B-rad and Artoo had a nap and Chewie and i went for a walk looking for birds.  We saw 5 robins, 1 crow, 2 chickadees, 1 magpie, and about 15 blackbirds, 2 sparrows and a bird's nest.  It was quite fun.

hunting for birds
 Then Chewie and i had popcorn and watched Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark together.  We had Pizza for supper along with cake and ice cream for dessert, then cuddles and stories and bedtime.  it really was a perfect day.  I am so lucky to be their mom.

Also - i wanted to share a picture of this lovely lady:

My mama
My mom is pretty darned awesome.  Without her, i'm not sure how we would have survived the past 4.5 years with Artoo and everything that's come with him.  She's seriously the best, and if i'm even HALF the mother she is, i know my kids will be okay.  Love you mom.

Weekly Challenge #217: "Duo Tangle - DEX vs BUNZO.... THIRTYFIVE!!"

"so what's with this week's challenge name?" I hear you asking.  I love me a good duotangle,  they're probably my favourite type of challenge because they get people thinking in different ways.

A duotangle is a term coined here at CasaDiva that means a tile or ZIA that is created using ONLY TWO TANGLES and their tangleations.

So, for this week the challenge is to use ONLY Dex and Bunzo.   (step out for Dex are HERE, step outs for Bunzo are HERE)

The reason for these two tangles is DEX is spelled with three letters.  BUNZO is spelled with five.  D-E-X (3) B-U-N-Z-O (5)

35
THIRTYFIVE!

What's so special about 35? On Tuesday (May 12) i will be 35 years old.  Happy Birthday to me!


So this week create a tile using ONLY Dex and Bunzo in honour of my 35th birthday!  :D

Have a great week.
If you have a blog, add the site-specific URL where your tile is posted to the linkey machine below! Don't forget to link back here so that others can join in the fun! (if you don't know how to find this, you can see my half assed tutorial here) Also, please feel free to come back often and visit the links of those people on the linkey machine - don't forget to leave a comment or feedback, everyone loves feedback. ;) 
If you have a blog or host your images on line (like on Flickr or Picassa or Pinterest), add the site-specific URL where your tile is posted to the linkey machine below! Don't forget to link back here so that others can join in the fun! (if you don't know how to find this, you can see my half assed tutorial here) Also, please feel free to come back often and visit the links of those people on the linkey machine - don't forget to leave a comment or feedback, everyone loves feedback. ;)

47 comments:

  1. You don't look a day over 25! Your mum is just as beautiful. I'm so glad artoo recovered quickly, but it's a bit of a panic when you don't know what's wrong. Happy birthday?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad the week ended on a high note. Much love to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm happy that things ended well. Scary though. I hope you have a fantastic birthday. Maybe the boys will let you take another relaxing bath LOL! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Poor Artoo... he really did look brave. Glad your weeks ended so much better than it began.
    Happy Birthday.. I'm sure you'll have a great one. Axxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMGosh. Poor you and poor Artoo. I am so sorry about all that as all that drama stuff is so hard on him and on you and on the family! I am so glad he's feeling better and is home. Happy birthday tomorrow luv and you are the best-est mom.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Poor Artoo... he really did look brave. Glad your weeks ended so much better than it began.
    Happy Birthday.. I'm sure you'll have a great one. Axxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a brave mom you are, sitting with Artoo...being brave even though you feel sad. And you ARE a wonderful mom! I will pray for him and your whole family today.
    Happy 35th. Now middle age starts mwahahahahaaaa. (seriously. The "middle" of 70 is 35, right?)
    blessings galore!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday and I am so glad Artoo ended up ok after the treatment ... so scary!! Glad all is well and Happy Birthday again!! ~ Diane

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are such a brave mom and Artoo too is so brave at such young age.. I hope you have a wonderful week and birthday!! God bless your family!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, what a week for you! So glad Artoo is better. It must be really rough when these things hit so fast. What a brave young man he is. And you clearly deserved all the Mother's Day love you got!

    Excited to dig into this week's challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a wonderful family you all are, all coming together to help in desperate times but keeping things going for Chewie at the same. Very admirable. Have a wonderful birthday Laura, you deserve it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Birthday Diva! I wish all members of your family to be healthy.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm so glad that Artoo and you could spend Mother's Day at home! I spent 3 nights in hospital with my daughter with bacteria pneumonia in March....scary stuff for a Mom.
    BIG HUGS!
    ~ joey ~

    ReplyDelete
  15. Poor little Artoo, in hospital again. I'm so happy for you all that he is back home now and ok. Laura, you must keep the photo of your hands forever!!!!!! So much love in it!!!! I do like your tile.
    And ..... happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday dear Laura, happy birthday to you 🎉

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sorry about your adventures 'behind the looking glass' in hospital land. Glad to hear you had a good Mother's Day. And Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sorry about your adventures 'behind the looking glass' in hospital land. Glad to hear you had a good Mother's Day. And Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Happy birthday, Laura! Have a great day and may your life be full of happiness with your family and your two boys.

    ReplyDelete
  19. So sorry to hear that Artoo was ill. Glad you had a good mother's day and that you are blessed with a wonderful mom. Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hey i love to doodle especially when my mind is free. I came across zentangle last week and i started feeling crazy about it. the concept is quite cooL, relaxing and i enjoyed it.
    I wana to ask a que, if i dont have a blog and i wana to share my creation hows its possible.
    Also can i sign on what i share to make it Personalised.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hey i love to doodle especially when my mind is free. I came across zentangle last week and i started feeling crazy about it. the concept is quite cooL, relaxing and i enjoyed it.
    I wana to ask a que, if i dont have a blog and i wana to share my creation hows its possible.
    Also can i sign on what i share to make it Personalised.

    ReplyDelete
  22. sorry, but don't know why my comments are getting repeated :-(

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a week for you Laura! I'm glad that things are back to reasonably normal for you and your family. Your "relaxing bath" sounds fun...the boys were trying their best to give you relaxing time. The picture of your hands is so precious. That would be one that I would probably blow up and put on the living room wall. Also, the picture of Artoo with his "beads of courage" is such a precious one too. The little face looks so proud of himself coming through yet another challenge in his young life. And you, Laura, deserve accolades for being a wonderful mom and keeping your family together. You and your mom look so much alike, and I'm sure you both share that sweet loving spirit. Happy birthday Laura and enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi Diva. My first time posting and commenting here.

    I'm so sorry about your son being hospitalized. I have three kids and the emergency room, unfortunately, is a familiar place. I'm glad he's better now. Happy Birthday and Happy Belated Mother's Day! The Bath bomb looked awesome!

    I hope I can participate again. 😊

    ReplyDelete
  25. Dear Laura,

    I follow your reports about Artoo every every week and feel with you. The words about of the brave Artoo made me laugh and cry the same time.

    All the best for you.

    Sabrina from Berlin

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi Laura, The roller coaster ride that is life at Casa Diva softens even a tough old bird like me and I'm torn, like many others, between smiles and tears! Happy birthday and may you and your family have an easier time, for a while at least. As always, thank you for the Challenge, which was fun and, what's the word? Oh, yes, challenging.

    ReplyDelete
  27. HAPPY BIRTHDAY, dear Laura!!
    I would like to thank you very much for this wonderful blog which connects so many people from all over the world into the "Tangle Family" (I`m sure many of us can`t await mondays to see what`s new)
    And I wish you and your family all the best, health and luck.
    As I can read and see every week you are such a positive and happy family with lots of love -- so I am sure you will manage all troubles together!
    All my best wishes and hugs to you from Dresden/ Germany!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Happy Mother's Day and Happy Birthday. Hope today is a better one now that Artoo is on the mend. You hang tough girl!!!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Wanted to say thanks for having me here. Had doctor appointments last week so sorry I didn't get a chance to get back to you all who stopped by. Hopefully this week is less hectic. :). Sarah
    So glad to hear your son is doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  30. H A P P Y B I R T H D A Y, dear Laura! All the best for you and your family!!

    ReplyDelete
  31. My first time posting on your site...but have been lurking and enjoying the work of all these Zentanglers for ages. Thanks for all the joy you bring people...and happy, happy birthday

    ReplyDelete
  32. So happy Artoo is better...may the force continue to be with you each and every day. Loved doing Dex/Bunzo as a duo...thanks for the challenge! Spelled Bunzo wrong in my title, but won't change it since doing so would effect the linkyURL...sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Happy Birthday dear Diva, Happy Birthday too you...(imagine a chorus of singers)
    Sending prayers of peace for Chez Diva this week. You and your boys (all three of them) are an inspiration to us all.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Happy Birthday week to you! Laura, you continue to amaze me with all you do for your family. Hang in there, you are doing a wonderful job being one of the best Mom's on the planet!!!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Happy Belated Birthday. I kinda of remember 35. It was a while ago. Hope Artoo is continuing to get better. Sounds like a rough week with some sweet rewards as well.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Happy Belated Birthday, Laura, and I hope Artoo is feeling much better this week!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Happy Birthday! And I'm so glad Artoo is feeling better and back at home!

    ReplyDelete
  38. My first challenge...Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  39. Happy birthday!. I got mine done and posted yesterday. :)

    ReplyDelete
  40. Happy Birthday to you.....
    It's a bath bomb for you....
    Such a nice little family....
    B-rad, Chewie and Artoo!
    (...And nice tile too...)

    ReplyDelete
  41. Happy Birthday Laura! So glad that you and Artoo got to spend Mother's Day at home. Hospitals are no fun! Artoo is so brave and courageous! I hope he is feeling much better now. This week's challenge was fun. Great tangle combo. ....Deanne B

    ReplyDelete
  42. Dear Laura,

    firste I´m a little late, but I wish you all the best for your new year. Furthermore I hope Artoo is feeling much better now... that are things, nobody needs. :(

    I`ve posted my tile right now!

    Greetings from Germany, Kerstin

    ReplyDelete

tangle me some zen, baby!!