Monday, May 25, 2015

Weekly Challenge 219

Happy Monday everyone.

It's been a pretty awesome week, my pal Tara and I have been running together, and back when Artoo was in the hospital our schedule got thrown off. Then her little one got sick.  So once both our kiddos were feeling better - we decided to tackle a 10K along the river.  It was an awesome run, but the most hilarious part was when we finally hit our 10K mark - Tara started laughing and pointed at this sign.

10K - timet to stop. 
Also this week had a pretty big day when Chewie had his grade one year end assembly.  It was super cute, 1950s style.

So cute
and in the afternoon Artoo had kindergarten sneak peek.  It was super emotional for me to see him looking so overwhelmed.  But by the end of the two and a half hours, he was feeling a little more like himself.

Artoo - colouring the barn

So cute, smiley boy.
A few people on facebook have asked me about the weather in saskatchewan - we had a beautiful week with gorgeous weather - finally.  So much so that we busted out the plastic pool, and Artoo practically lived in it all weekend.  I'll admit, i took a few dips myself.
the cutest

Weekly Challenge #219: "Straight Lines all the Tines...er, times"

Today's challenge is a fun one.  The challenge is to use ONLY straight lines, and i found it particularly challenging.  I found it interesting to find a way to use the straight lines to create some movement in my tile.


Nary a curved line in sight. 
I really enjoyed creating this tile, and i may come back to it and try it again some time. 

have a great week everyone!

Have a great week.
If you have a blog, add the site-specific URL where your tile is posted to the linkey machine below! Don't forget to link back here so that others can join in the fun! (if you don't know how to find this, you can see my half assed tutorial here) Also, please feel free to come back often and visit the links of those people on the linkey machine - don't forget to leave a comment or feedback, everyone loves feedback. ;) 
If you have a blog or host your images on line (like on Flickr or Picassa or Pinterest), add the site-specific URL where your tile is posted to the linkey machine below! Don't forget to link back here so that others can join in the fun! (if you don't know how to find this, you can see my half assed tutorial here) Also, please feel free to come back often and visit the links of those people on the linkey machine - don't forget to leave a comment or feedback, everyone loves feedback. ;)


25 comments:

  1. I had to look twice ... the little black and white squares in one of the borders looked like circles. :) As always, I love your work. Fun challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting choice for a challenge, the week after Ireland voted in favor of marriage equality. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WHOOPS!! well, that was totally by accident.
      I'm very pro ireland and equality. just fyi

      Delete
    2. I am too which is probably why the choice of only "straight" tangles seemed ironic to me. Maybe there's hope for the world.

      Delete
  3. Great challenge! and your tile has a lot of depth! I love reading your weekly posts too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was fun. Could probably have done better but that's just the way it goes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely challenge! I am so in! :)
    P.s: I so envy you for managing to find time to go for a run

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, it took some 'doing' but Tuesday nights are RUN NIGHTS now in my house!! :D

      Delete
  6. Looking forward to seeing a lot of great work. Also curious how many will use Paradox. Was one that Cute pictures but guessing would not be politically correct to find something to roll up in the sleeve. Like your tile.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great challenge!
    We were at a vacation rental home this weekend and I picked a book that belonged to the house to read to the youngest member of the group (4-1/2 months). The book was "Ride a Purple Pelican" and I thought of you when I found this:
    A white cloud floated like a swan,
    high above Saskatchewan,
    the cloud turned gray at ten past noon,
    it rained all day in Saskatoon.

    Hopefully the sun is out today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Dorita,
      that's awesome!! Saskatoon is home and breeding ground to the American White Pelican and there's a contest every year to see who will spot the first one. (http://meewasin.com/public-programs/pelican-watch/)
      Pelicans mean spring!! :D

      Delete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for this great challenge idea! I really liked it and had fun to do a tile with only straight lines but not too "stright" looking... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. That was a tough one! Thanks for the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Loved this - but I did base mine very heavily on Jeanine Corina Hughes' entry - hope she doesn't mind. Imitation and flattery and all that!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I had so much fun with this week's challenge. Different and really got me thinking about straight lines. I loved all your happy photos too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really enjoyed this straight line challenge - it is fun try something different! Best wishes to your lovely family

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fun! Not my favorite drawing but posted anyway because it's about the process not the result.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fantastic photos of your "daily" life ;) I love the sign thihi... and the kids, wow, they are so cute and great.. I made a straight line to this challenge, so I hope it was right the way I did?... Thank you ever so much for sharing photos and all

    Kind regards
    Mariane

    ReplyDelete
  16. Loved all the great fam photos!!!
    Your tile is just amazing!! I love how 3D it is!!!
    This challenge totally put me into my Zen!!!Thank You sooooooooo much!! I have been in NEED of some true Zen!!!! ;0)
    XO Annette

    ReplyDelete
  17. So nice to see your family so happy! This was a great challenge. I love curvy lines but I also love grids...so I enjoyed the focus on the straight lines.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Straight lines are really challenging!

    ReplyDelete
  19. This challenge was fun; but took me in a totally different direction than I expected. I would normally have used Paradox; I love the way the straight lines end up looking very curvy. But a strange thing happened on the way to Paradox; I got sidetracked to Arukas. I don't know why. So there's not a lot of flow in these tiles. Oh, well, they are what they are; at least they're all straight lines.

    Those little boys of yours are really growing up. Can't wait to see how Artoo takes to Kindergarten. And I'm sure Chewie will do just great.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Just wanted to let you know how much fun I thought the straight line challenge was. Thanks so much.

    ReplyDelete

tangle me some zen, baby!!