Monday, June 1, 2015

Weekly Challenge #220

I can hardly believe that it's June already.

Lots of things happened this week, in preparation for our Beads of Courage Colour run.  We had a table at the SaskMarathon expo again this year to share about the Beads of Courage program in Saskatchewan. 

B-rad and I took the boys out to his parents acreage to let Chewie practice riding his bike. Meanwhile, Grandpa let Artoo drive the tractor!


On Sunday my friend Tara and I ran in the SaskMarathon 10K.  Our run started at 8:10, so i picked Tara up at 7. I set my alarm that morning for 6AM and 6:15AM (yes, i set 2 alarms) but i didn't need either of them because i was awake at 4, and then every 15-20 minutes after that until i just got up.  

The run was super fun and challenging. 
ready to ROCK

Carrying Beads in honour of a chronically ill child

almost at the finish line!!!!

munching on my medal, as you do.
 Our official chip time was 1:19:03, which was 8 minutes faster than the last 10K we did.  So, go us!!

I am so tired and exhausted though.

Weekly Challenge #220: "UMT: All Boxed UP by Alice Hendon, CZT"
For those of you who are new, the first Monday of every month is a Use My Tangle Challenge, where the challenge of the week is to use a tangle created by one of you!  If you have a tangle you'd like to submit you can add it here and be sure that it follows the guidelines for submission.

This month's Use My Tangle is All Boxed Up by Alice Hendon.  (Follow the link for the step outs to this tangle)

I really love the versatility of this tangle.  Alice has lots of different variations of this tangle on her blog, so be sure to check that out.  

Sunday night, i was so exhausted from sleeping poorly and then running that i was having trouble keeping my eyes open, even as i tangled.  The reason that Bronx Cheer Raspberry is there is because i set my pen down to rest my eyes for a second or two....lol

Have a great week!

If you have a blog, add the site-specific URL where your tile is posted to the linkey machine below! Don't forget to link back here so that others can join in the fun! (if you don't know how to find this, you can see my half assed tutorial here) Also, please feel free to come back often and visit the links of those people on the linkey machine - don't forget to leave a comment or feedback, everyone loves feedback. ;) 
If you have a blog or host your images on line (like on Flickr or Picassa or Pinterest), add the site-specific URL where your tile is posted to the linkey machine below! Don't forget to link back here so that others can join in the fun! (if you don't know how to find this, you can see my half assed tutorial here) Also, please feel free to come back often and visit the links of those people on the linkey machine - don't forget to leave a comment or feedback, everyone loves feedback. ;)

21 comments:

  1. I like the randomness of your boxes. Best to you and your family. I always like to read your weekly blog and you are fantastic parents.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations; you did it again!!!!! Nice tangle for the UMT, I can't wait to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you can get a rest now....you wrote challenge#200 instead of #220....hug,tina

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's no wonder you're exhausted - time to take it a bit easier, maybe? (As if!) A good challenge and an enjoyable new tangle.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on the 10K! That's an amazing accomplishment!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on making through the 10K! Thanks for hosting this challenge--it's always interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was first - wheeee! And it's a fun challenge too. As for running 10k - are you mad? Could you not do something easier? Dearie me, I feel tired just thinking about it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the variety of options this UMT has. Going to try them all!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on finishing the 10K and your finishing time. The challenge this week is deceptively diabolical for those of us who are perfectionists incapable of achieving perfection. Completely antithetical to the Zentangle spirit, I know.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations on your 10K! I love these challenges. They are so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like you got into the "zone" on your 10K. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sounds like you got into the "zone" on your 10K. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's wonderful you finished the 10K! Congratulations! I really enjoyed playing with All Boxed Up. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Alice's tangle is amazing! I have had LOTS of fun playing with it. Thanks for using it in UMT! And a super big thanks for all your hard work putting this all together for our enjoyment!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congrats on finishing the run! Hope you can get some rest this week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I had fun with this one. I got kind of sidetracked. It was a new tangle pattern for me and I guess my mind was in a funky place!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congrats on the run! Thanks for all that you do. This was a new pattern for me, and I love it! So many possibilities in just the shading alone! I opted to use it in a monotangle zendala, hope everyone enjoys!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Laura, I love your tile, and I think the Bronx Cheer Raspberry compliments it very well! Thanks for introducing 'All Boxed Up' to us.
    So glad you are getting your spring weather and enjoying the outdoors! I love the bird story! We had Bluejays outside our dining room window and watched the whole little life cycle!! I love spring!!! Have a great weekend! :0) Annette

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm glad that you were finally able to get outside and enjoy the weather. This was the first really warm weather we have had this year too. I think we are finally going to head into summer now. And then I will be regretting that because of the heat...lol. Congrats on the run ... I think it's great that you can do all of that. Looks like you were enjoying yourself. Thanks again for all the work you do here for us and introducing us to all of these wonderful tangles. We really do appreciate you ... hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I hope it's not too late to post here. I totally forgot when I finally posted my tiles on my blog last night.

    ReplyDelete

tangle me some zen, baby!!