Monday, June 22, 2015

Weekly Challenge #223

Happy Monday!!

I hope you've had a great week!

My pal Tara and i have been out running - just 2 days after my last 10K.  We ran along the river and did some exploring and accidentally ended up running 13K!  This is what happens when pedestrian walkways on bridges are closed and you're forced to run to the next bridge in order to get back to your car!
We are EXCITED!
The boys and the neighbour girls have been having fun with the Spaceship that Chewie has been constructing with B-rad.  He wanted to paint it one day after school and i told him i didn't have any paint for him.  He told me: "Mom, you have lots of paint downstairs in your art room! we can just use that!" Cut to: Me making a bee-line to Michaels for some poster paint... here you go, kids, go nuts.

Painting speed lines on the space ship.
 I also had the pleasure of teaching a beginners Zentangle class this week!  It was really great, and i always enjoy sharing my love of tangling with new people.  I don't teach as often as many CZTs out there, so when i get a chance to it's pretty awesome for me.  And i still get nervous. Every time.
A beautiful night for tanglin'
We attended a family wedding on Saturday - it was pretty fun and laid back and the bride looked beautiful and the groom looked extremely happy.  Good times.  I took this photo of B-rad and i by the reception Bonfire.  (it was the kind of wedding that had a reception bonfire)
he's just a hunk-a-hunk-a-burning love....bonfire style

This was the first Father's Day that B-rad has been home in almost 7 years.  Usually this is when he and his brothers and their dad go on their annual boy's only fishing trip - but because of the wedding they had to reschedule.  So Sunday morning the boys and i made B-rad some Father's Day breakfast in bed.  Artoo serenaded B-rad with a very lovely "I Love Dad" song that he wrote, and the boys gave their dad the cards they made.

This is the sign of a good father.


A boy and his dad
These two little boys are so lucky to have a dad like B-rad.  He's really great, always there for them - ready to play and help them create the things they've imagined.  We're all pretty lucky.

Weekly Challenge #223: "Official Tangle - UMBLE"

In the latest Zentangle newsletter (click to subscribe) Rick and Maria shared with us the step-outs for an oldy but a goodie called Umble.  They also talk about how the inspiration for the tangle doesn't necessarily look like the tangle itself.

Often tangles may not end up looking like their inspirations, since, with tangles, we are not trying to "draw" the inspiration. (June 14, 2015 Newsletter)

The challenge this week is to try out the New-Old tangle: Umble! You can do a monotangle or just a regular old tile with umble somewhere on the premises.

So here are two pieces i did on the zentangle Artist Trading Cards (ATCs)
Umble-iscious!

Simply Umble
It's quite a fun tangle to use - and it's done in the same style as Hollibough using the Drawing Behind method.

Have fun with Umble! Let's see what ya' got!

If you have a blog, add the site-specific URL where your tile is posted to the linkey machine below! Don't forget to link back here so that others can join in the fun! (if you don't know how to find this, you can see my half assed tutorial here) Also, please feel free to come back often and visit the links of those people on the linkey machine - don't forget to leave a comment or feedback, everyone loves feedback. ;) 
If you have a blog or host your images on line (like on Flickr or Picassa or Pinterest), add the site-specific URL where your tile is posted to the linkey machine below! Don't forget to link back here so that others can join in the fun! (if you don't know how to find this, you can see my half assed tutorial here) Also, please feel free to come back often and visit the links of those people on the linkey machine - don't forget to leave a comment or feedback, everyone loves feedback. ;)

12 comments:

  1. Thanks Laura for another challenge! Your post is so full of love for B-rad and your boys, always GREAT to read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for a new challenge. ��

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had a feeling it was going to be Umble this week! Nice challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another great challenge! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another great challenge! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm amazed by your stamina! Loved the challenge. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Umble was new for me - had fun blending it with another pattern -thanks for the challenge! See you next week ~

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is fun. Thanks again for a most umbling and ultimately rewarding challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I never tried this tangle before I just kept passing it over. I am glad you had me try something I did not think I would like. I love it now!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Laura, congrats on your 13k!
    I have to say, the pic of Artoo a B-rad, .......Just adorable!!! A little mini me!!!
    Your Umble tiles are beautiful too! See ya next week. :0) Annette

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, that is great dear. Anyway I am also looking for best Lincoln park wedding venues for my wedding celebration. Please help out and suggest some best locations in NYC that can fit in to my budget as well.

    ReplyDelete

tangle me some zen, baby!!