Monday, September 21, 2015

Weekly Challenge #236

Happy Monday everyone!

Last week was a trying week.  There's not many pictures this week because the majority of my week was literally spent in Artoo's bedroom - helping him cope with his first cold of the the school year.
a large portion of our days was spent doing this, nebulizers and netflix ftw.
I kept him home from school all week because i am a Stay at Home Mom and i have the luxury of keeping my child home if they aren't feeling good.  So, we had extra snuggles and ate soup and watched cartoons in between nebulizers and respiratory therapy. 

Chewie had a great week in school - he really loves being there.  He's such an extrovert, poor kid - living in a home of introverts.
My super creative child.  So cute and smart. 
I was special enough to be the lucky recipient of Artoo's cold germs - and i have been sick myself since Thursday.   Living off cold medicine and coffee - that's me.  Though i am feeling quite a lot better, it's been a very exhausting week.

Weekly Challenge #236: "Tangle Unexpected"
This week's challenge is really quite fun, and i'm excited to see how you all approach it!

The challenge for this week is to tangle on something unexpected.  Something you wouldn't ordinarily tangle on.

Here's mine:
Hello, Richmond, VA!
I rediscovered an old road atlas this week in my stash of art supplies.  I think i must have been using some of the map pages as collage materials at some point.  Anyway, i thought it would be great to tangle on.

the atlas page is actually quite thin, so what i did was trace my zentangle tile onto the page and then cut it out and glued it directly onto a tile.  It worked pretty great, and the highways provided my string!

Tangly!

SO this week, tangle on something unexpected!! Maybe it's a page from an old phone book? Or that chinese take out menu hanging on your fridge.  Maybe it's a dinner plate or a clock face.  Maybe it's a piece of clothing? Maybe it's a piece of junk mail?  It can be anything! So get tangling!

Have a great week!

Love Laura

If you have a blog, add the site-specific URL where your tile is posted to the linkey machine below! Don't forget to link back here so that others can join in the fun! (if you don't know how to find this, you can see my half assed tutorial here) Also, please feel free to come back often and visit the links of those people on the linkey machine - don't forget to leave a comment or feedback, everyone loves feedback. ;) 
If you have a blog or host your images on line (like on Flickr or Picassa or Pinterest), add the site-specific URL where your tile is posted to the linkey machine below! Don't forget to link back here so that others can join in the fun! (if you don't know how to find this, you can see my half assed tutorial here) Also, please feel free to come back often and visit the links of those people on the linkey machine - don't forget to leave a comment or feedback, everyone loves feedback. ;)

22 comments:

  1. That was fun! Thanks you Laura. I hope that you and Artoo will be feeling much better this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope both you and Artoo are recovering fast. School tends to be a breeding place for germs and everyone wants to share.I like your idea for this week's Challenge and have started mine but it isn't finished yet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love playing with Zentangle on odd things; thanks for this great challenge. I can't wait to see what everyone has tangled on. Please take care of yourself. Mom's never do!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember at the start of every school year and even after vacations, the pre-school and kindergartners would trade germs and all get sick----and then the parents would get sick. I realize that for Artoo, getting sick is a whole other order of magnitude. I hope Artoo feels better soon. Fun challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sorry you and Artoo are sick. You're in my thoughts. Thanks for sharing a wonderful challenge that will continue to bring me joy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ugh! So sorry you guys are down with the crud. Take care and I hope you are both back enjoying the school thing soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great idea for a challenge! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love, love the idea for this challenge. Also love what you did with it. I was thinking and thinking (couldn't do a map because you did that first) and then tangled on a slice of wood. Loved doing that.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This challenge has opened up new possibilities for tangling.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I live a couple hours north of Richmond, VA, and southwest of DC. :-) Fun tangling on a map, I will definitely be playing with that! In the meanwhile I have been tangling pumpkins since I work at a corn maze, pumpkin patch in the fall!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Feel better Laura, and Artoo also. I am also down for the count this week so it was the perfect time for this challenge for me.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Loved, loved , loved this challenge!!! Thank you Laura, for keeping our minds open to new possibilities!
    Hope the family is on the mend! Good vibes your way!
    Your map tile came out so awesome! I've been wanting to try and tangle on an old map. Have a great day and see ya' next week! :0) Annette

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for the fun challenge! Hope you're feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for the "Unexpected" challlenge and hope you and Artoo are feeling better very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hope you and Artoo feel better soon! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  16. A brilliant challenge and what fun it has been visiting everyone and seeing what they have used. Thank you for all your work in running this challenge and hope you are feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  17. How fun! First time doing this. Hopefully I did it right! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Best wishes for a quick recovery for Artoo and U Laura. What a great challenge. I used a photograph (not a miraculously original idea) and found it quite difficult not to just let the inherent string be the design and start shading, tracing or coloring. Had to reach a little, which is what a challenge is all about, yes. I'll definitely do more like this.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks for a fun challenge! I decided to tangle on a Scantron form that my daughter let me use.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh how this challenge challenged me!
    Lee Darter

    ReplyDelete
  21. Better late than never! Thanks for yet another challenge that takes me out of my comfort zone!

    ReplyDelete

tangle me some zen, baby!!