Monday, October 5, 2015

Weekly Challenge #238

Happy Monday morning everyone.
i'm not sure if it's after effects from the Super Moon, but we've been having some spectacular sunrises and sunsets lately.  There's a reason they call Saskatchewan the Land of the Living Skies... no?

gorgeous
for the first week of October, we've had some absolutely gorgeous weather, and i've been taking advantage of it while the boys are in school, and getting a few miles in here and there.  One of the things that really helps me while i run is actually the Zentangle motto: anything is possible, one step at a time.  And sometimes, quite literally, i'm only thinking about the step that i'm in and the immediate next step.  Somehow i manage to get from point A to point B. 


 The weekend, though, was rainy and cold - so there was a lot of playing in the house.

rawwrr
Also Saturday night my facebook page got my 5000th like!!  Thank you everyone!!

i like you too!
 And the boys got to go bowline for their friend's birthday party! it was a good time had by everybody!

so cute

bowling!

i love this kid.  he's so crazy. 
 how was your week?

Weekly Challenge #238: "UMT - Tri-bee by Beate Winkler, CZT"

This months Use My Tangle is called Tri-Bee by my lovely friend Beate Winkler from Germany.
Beate and i met in Providence last spring for the 15th CZT seminar.  She's so cheerful and wonderful.
She shared a new tangle with us this week and i fell in love with it and wanted to share it with all of you.

See Beate's blog for more
 I had a great time playing with Tri-Bee and i know you will too.

tri-bee
For those of you who are new, the first Monday of every month is a Use My Tangle Challenge, where the challenge of the week is to use a tangle created by one of you!  If you have a tangle you'd like to submit you can add it here and be sure that it follows the guidelines for submission.


Have fun with Tri-bee and have a great week!

If you have a blog, add the site-specific URL where your tile is posted to the linkey machine below! Don't forget to link back here so that others can join in the fun! (if you don't know how to find this, you can see my half assed tutorial here) Also, please feel free to come back often and visit the links of those people on the linkey machine - don't forget to leave a comment or feedback, everyone loves feedback. ;) 
If you have a blog or host your images on line (like on Flickr or Picassa or Pinterest), add the site-specific URL where your tile is posted to the linkey machine below! Don't forget to link back here so that others can join in the fun! (if you don't know how to find this, you can see my half assed tutorial here) Also, please feel free to come back often and visit the links of those people on the linkey machine - don't forget to leave a comment or feedback, everyone loves feedback. ;)

24 comments:

  1. I started to read the challenge and I thought 'hang on we usually do Use My Tsngle st the beginning of s month I wonder why we are doing it today.' Then I realised - it is the beginning of the month already !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this new pattern! I think it's going to be very versatile and was quite fun to draw!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just finished my Tri-Bee tile and I LOVE this tangle. I also LOVE your tile, it is so beautiful with the dark lines.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just my first go with this new tangle, but I'm looking forward to using it in so many different ways. Thanks for the generous inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This challenge connected me strongly to the Zen in Zentangle. Thanks for helping me get there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This challenge connected me strongly to the Zen in Zentangle. Thanks for helping me get there.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I also love the new tangle. It will definitely find it's way onto lots of future projects!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pretty pattern! I wish I had more time to play with it, but at least I got the challenge done this week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. So nice pattern! I will use it further on! It is just flowing! And as a coinsidence, I got Beate Winklers book: Das grosse Zentangle-Buch with the mail a few days ago!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes Laura, I think your tile is exceptionally beautiful. Love this new pattern, I do. It will probably find its way into my frequently used patterns department.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love Tri-Bee and had a great time with it. Also fixed my photo from the last challenge since I know several of you had trouble viewing them!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats for your 5000 in Facebook!!! I love your page, and your challenge, although I never post my tiles here... but never it's too late to start something new, so... I'l send mmy Tri-Bee tile. (you had good eye, chosing this one!)
    Regards from Spain,
    Maria Tovar CZT 14

    ReplyDelete
  13. Glad everyone in your family is back in the pink, Laura! Love the picture of your gorgeous sky, and your tile! Thanks, Beate, for Tri-Bee!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful pattern! This is definitely going into my toolbox of faves! Congrats on 5000!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh this was so much fun!! I want to keep playing with this tangle!! Thank you Laura and Beate for sharing with us! Laura I love your tile!! I never use Renaissance tiles but every time I see one tangle I just get inspired to try it!! Beautiful!! :0) Annette

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely photos, Laura! And what a great new tangle to try. Really enjoyed this and will be using it a lot. Axxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. This wonderful pattern Tri-Bee is following me. All week. In my class today I showed my pupils and then they couldn´t stop doing it! When they finished a tile they wrote a poem to it. I tell you they did great! So here comes my third post, which I made while they were working!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Nice work with the tangle on the Renaissance tile. I used one also. Glad I was able to participate again. It has been a couple of weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Replies
    1. Thanks, dear Katie :-)) Happy greeting Bea

      Delete
  20. This tangle is really addicting. I know I'll be using it again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Audrie. I´m happy you like Tri-Bee - and hope to see more. Best greetings Beate

      To all: I would love to put a generell comment as you all wonderful artists did - but I don´t know why, but I can´t see just this reply-box - but no box to put in a generell note. Thank you all, you made my day - every day this week. I´m honored, grateful and speechless about all this wonderful tile-creations you did instantly with the newborn Tri-Bee. Happy day. Best wishes Beate Winkler

      Delete

tangle me some zen, baby!!