Monday, November 2, 2015

Weekly Challenge #242

Happy Monday everyone.

a HUGE Thank You to Paula for last week's post! what a great topic, and your tiles are all lovely!

We had a very busy weekend - Halloween Time!! 

Both boys had Halloween activities at school, and were allowed to dress up in costume for the day. Artoo went as a Palaeontologist, naturally, and Chewie went as Link from the game series The Legend of Zelda. 

The cutest palaeontologist you ever did see

Link from The Legend of Zelda!
these boys melt my heart
After school the boys cleaned and carved their pumpkins.  Artoo drew an amazing pumpkin face, and Chewie wanted the Hylian Shield, from the Zelda game, so i helped with that.


the kiddos had a great time and were so excited for trick or treating the next day - and luckily it was a gorgeous day! .
B-rad was the best Mad Hatter in town. 
We thought we'd take the kids to the mall to do some trick or treating there.  apparently that's a thing here, we've never done it before but we thought since we had the whole day we'd give it a go.

Halloween day!! 
The verdict, it was busy and full of people and the kids liked getting the candy but both disliked the crowds

"i'm Batman.  Trick or treat!"

Chewie, as it turns out, is ill again.  Another tonsil infection. poor little dude was ready to call it a day after the mall, so we had some pizza and they watched a movie while i gave out the candy.

spooooky
 i think some of our decorations were a bit too spooky for some of the little trick or treaters, but Chewie and Artoo love them.

How was your Halloween?

Weekly Challenge #242: "New Official Tangle: Gourdgeous"
over the weekend Zentangle HQ released their new official tangle called Gourdgeous in their newsletter.  So instead of a UMT we will all try out the new official tangle! You can see that newsletter with the step outs here.

Here's my take on a black artist trading card
Gourdgeous
 here's a few i did with my fountain pen, for a bit of variety.  Very fun.



A lovely tangle for those of you who are gearing up for Thanksgiving this month.  Give it a try!! i'm sure it will be Gourdgeous.  ;)

If you have a blog, add the site-specific URL where your tile is posted to the linkey machine below! Don't forget to link back here so that others can join in the fun! (if you don't know how to find this, you can see my half assed tutorial here) Also, please feel free to come back often and visit the links of those people on the linkey machine - don't forget to leave a comment or feedback, everyone loves feedback. ;) 
If you have a blog or host your images on line (like on Flickr or Picassa or Pinterest), add the site-specific URL where your tile is posted to the linkey machine below! Don't forget to link back here so that others can join in the fun! (if you don't know how to find this, you can see my half assed tutorial here) Also, please feel free to come back often and visit the links of those people on the linkey machine - don't forget to leave a comment or feedback, everyone loves feedback. ;)

20 comments:

  1. Thank you for allowing us a view into your home life. Your boys are so precious and I enjoy their pictures. Thanks also for sharing your incredible artistic abilities; it's great inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love, love, love the purple one! I'm glad your children had fun on Halloween. We had very few children stop by for treats. Only about 40 this year. Guess it's getting too scary to let children go out like that like we used to. Get well soon, Artoo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Halloween catching on here in Spain though hardly anyone has any idea what it is. Looks like your boys had fun. They're at the age when bugs strike hard...
    Love those three tiles done in pen. They have a different and lovely quality to them. Axxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. All tiles are beautiful,but the one done with the fountain pen is GORGEOUS!!
    Hope Chewie will be better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your boys are the perfect age to enjoy Halloween (I guess that includes B-rad). ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh. Fountain pens..... Thanks for always giving me new ideas and challenges, Laura! Best to your boys!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your pumpkins look wonderful. Can't imagine doing that without cutting fingers off or stabbing my hands.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your tiles look great. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  9. We have got the same fountainpen I belive! I like that tile very much. Because of your challenge I did try Gourdgeous! I was not convinced when I first saw the pattern, but I think it came out satisfying enough.Thanks for the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love all of your colorful variations - beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, Laura, you've been busy!! I just love the tiles you made for this post! Looks like you were really able to get into your zen, too! They are 'gorgeous"!!! Have a great week! Thanks for the fun challenge! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  12. is that a lamy safari? I've heard they're awesome but never tried one. The kids look great. Love the pumpkins.

    ReplyDelete
  13. My 1st participation here... :-)
    I love your website and all the beautiful tiles. Thank you for your efforts!
    Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks again Laura, for another great challenge. I had fun with my Gourdgeousness first; then I looked at all the amazing entries from my fellow tanglers, and they are indeed amazing. It was fun to not be influenced by anything before I charged on ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I was finally brave enough to both do the challenge and share my tangle :-)
    Beautiful art from all the participants.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Halloween was always one o my favorite holidays. Unfortunately, since we moved into our house 7 years ago, we never get any Trick or Treaters, and no opportunity to decorate or dress up. So I'm living vicariously through the pictures of your family celebrating. The boys are really adorable (including B-rad). Why no photos of you in costume?

    Anyway, I really like Gourdgeous, but still haven't quite mastered it. At least not to my liking. But I'm posting it anyway.

    Thanks for all the work you put in setting out all these challenges. Keep them coming.

    ReplyDelete
  17. It was fun to see your kids all decked out for Halloween....my youngest is now 31, so we don't go out trick or treating anymore and there really aren't many trick or treaters here ( we had 12 kids this year is all). But your boys look adorable. The tiles that you made for this challenge look great. I had my doubts that I would really "get" this tangle, but I have made peace with it. Thank you for your hard work and the challenges.

    ReplyDelete

tangle me some zen, baby!!