Monday, November 23, 2015

Weekly Challenge #245

Good Monday Morning my tangle peeps!

This Tuesday was World Prematurity Day.  So many little dudes and dudettes are born too soon.   Some of you already know that both Chewie and Artoo were born prematurely - so i thought i'd show you how far my two little peanuts have come.

My little Chewie

Adorable Mister Artoo. 
 My kiddos were pretty funny this week... i got this pic of the boys playing "turtle" - so cute.

 Artoo got to go to a friend's birthday party this weekend.  Artoo was so excited and happy to be there.  He also enjoyed his cupcake. To the Max.

 and while Artoo and I were at the birthday party B-rad and Chewie had a special lunch together.

cheers!
Hope you all had a great week!

Weekly Challenge #245: "Back to Basics - Hollibaugh"

In my opinion, Hollibaugh is one of the foundations of tangling.  It is literally the first tangle i teach when i am sharing zentangle with someone new because it uses the drawing behind method that so many other tangles use as well.

You can see step outs of hollibaugh here

This type of tangle, in particular, really lends to that complex look that tangling can have, but in reality it is really quite simple.

i had fun shading this one. 
It's another great tangle that leaves a lot of room for tangleations.  I'm looking forward to see what you all do with it.  It's fun to explore tangles and stretch 'em out and see where they go.

Have a great week everybody!!

If you have a blog, add the site-specific URL where your tile is posted to the linkey machine below! Don't forget to link back here so that others can join in the fun! (if you don't know how to find this, you can see my half assed tutorial here) Also, please feel free to come back often and visit the links of those people on the linkey machine - don't forget to leave a comment or feedback, everyone loves feedback. ;) 
If you have a blog or host your images on line (like on Flickr or Picassa or Pinterest), add the site-specific URL where your tile is posted to the linkey machine below! Don't forget to link back here so that others can join in the fun! (if you don't know how to find this, you can see my half assed tutorial here) Also, please feel free to come back often and visit the links of those people on the linkey machine - don't forget to leave a comment or feedback, everyone loves feedback. ;)



18 comments:

  1. Arttoo and Chewie have both come so far. :)

    I believe you have a little typo in your post. Should be "Hollibaugh" not "Hollibough". (With an "a" not an "o".)
    Great pattern to focus on this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. whoops! thanks! apparently i have been spelling it wrong since the dawn of time!! lol. thanks for the heads up, i've corrected it now. ;)

      Delete
  2. I thought the same about the o and a 😱.
    I do like your tile and love this back to basis challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing and wonderful how those precious boys have grown. Hollibaugh will be a fun one to work with. I love that you used 'Nzepple to fill yours.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you have a great thanksgiving with those two boys of yours. Having premmie day so close to thanksgiving is quite a coincidence. We don't celebrate it in Ireland, but I would still like to thank you for running this challenge as I look forward to it each week. I love the basic tangles and look forward to playing with it this week

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with the lovely Yorkshire Tortise. I'm usually at work when the challenges come out so have a to wait a few hours before I can play with them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's not easy to imagine what it's like to have a prem baby. All three of mine were "late" and the smallest was 7lb 15 oz, the largest being 9lb 2oz, so those fragile little angels look terrifying to me. As for the Challenge, I love this pattern and so I thoroughly enjoyed this one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such sweet boys. They are doing so well!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's wonderful to look at all the neat things people can do with Hollibaugh. Super dooper challenge Laura. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your kids are so sweet. Thanks for sharing with us!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great family you have. I love the picture of Chewie and his Dad - Yummmmm! A & W Root Beer.

    What a great challenge. I loved doing this one. Well, I love doing all of them. Just haven't posted them before. I used stippling in mine, which I haven't done in awhile. Great fun!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your family pics. Oh those preemies, so special. My oldest son weighed 5lbs. 1oz. with 3 inch long feet. He spent the next 15 yrs. growing into those feet, size 15 and 6' 5" tall now, he's 46 now, hard to believe he started out life the size of a sugar sack.LOL

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hollibaugh to me is very much to tie things together, in life and in zentangles. As you do with your telling about your family. A beautiful challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Still learning and hollibaugh is one of my favorites.
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hurray, finally got to play for the first time after "stalking" for so many years! Definitely enjoyed this one since I really like Hollibaugh. Thanks a lot for this challenge and all 244 before! Hope to see many more coming.. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. My sister had premature twins. So tiny! One is now a producer and one is an accountant! To me they'll always be little babies though. Thanks as always for your wonderful challenges. I adore Hollibaugh.

    ReplyDelete
  16. My oldest was a preemie too. Such a peanut. Glad your boys are doing so well, Laura! My daughter is in college now and is doing great. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hello everyone. I am very new to Zentangle, and this is my very first challenge. I don't really know many tangles yet, but I did my best. I go by the name Poetess Jonesy. U all are so talented, and I love all your trees. Very inspiring, as is the story behind this week's challenge.

    ReplyDelete

tangle me some zen, baby!!