Monday, December 7, 2015

Weekly Challenge #247

Happy Monday!! And Happy December!

This week my mom, sister in law, and I took in a Christmas play, it was good times.  The play was funny and it was a nice night out together!

Smile!

This is a photo of my beautiful magical chiropractor.  I made this painting for her to thank her for the five years she's been taking care of me.  Love her. 

thank you angela
One of the only perks of the days being so short in the Winter here is being up for both sunrise and sunset.  This week as i was taking Chewie to his hip hop class, he stopped in his tracks and said: "Whoah."  And i agreed.  Woah.  There's a reason Saskatchewan is known as The Land of the Living Skies. 

My boy


We also had the pleasure of seeing Chewie in his very first ever Christmas Concert - and he was the cutest darn penguin you ever did see.  Don't you agree?

Positively Pesky Population of Penguins

And this friday was B-rad's company Christmas party.  The kiddos stayed with my mom and dad overnight so it was a fun night.

We're so fancy!
Cheese!
We may or may not have been a little 'under the weather' this weekend, but we managed to survive.  heh heh heh.

Weekly Challenge #247: "UMT: African Artist by Tina-Akua Hunziker, CZT"
Here we are, the first Monday of the month so that means Use My Tangle (UMT) and this is the last one of the year and it's a beautiful tangle created by my beautiful friend Tina!

You can see the step outs for African Artist on Tina's blog here and here's my attempt

my tile was done with a Lamy Safari fountain pen
For those of you who are new, the first Monday of every month is a Use My Tangle Challenge, where the challenge of the week is to use a tangle created by one of you!  If you have a tangle you'd like to submit you can add it here and be sure that it follows the guidelines for submission.


Have fun with African Artist and have a great week!

If you have a blog, add the site-specific URL where your tile is posted to the linkey machine below! Don't forget to link back here so that others can join in the fun! (if you don't know how to find this, you can see my half assed tutorial here) Also, please feel free to come back often and visit the links of those people on the linkey machine - don't forget to leave a comment or feedback, everyone loves feedback. ;) 
If you have a blog or host your images on line (like on Flickr or Picassa or Pinterest), add the site-specific URL where your tile is posted to the linkey machine below! Don't forget to link back here so that others can join in the fun! (if you don't know how to find this, you can see my half assed tutorial here) Also, please feel free to come back often and visit the links of those people on the linkey machine - don't forget to leave a comment or feedback, everyone loves feedback. ;)

17 comments:

  1. That is such a beautiful piece of art that you gifted! I love seeing all your photos, especially of happy people :) Nice tile also!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! We get great sunsets here but you totally win!

    ReplyDelete
  3. While the finished product is nice the name of the tangle is 100% wrong. As it grows closer to Kwanzaa it's uncalled for and very racial.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry the name of the tangle has upset you. I can't speak to the naming, but I'm positive it wasn't intended to be upsetting.

      Delete
    2. What is racial? Africa? or Artist? I just wonder? Can a name be wrong?

      Delete
    3. I'm wondering the same thing.

      Delete
    4. I'm wondering the same thing.

      Delete
    5. I'm really just wondering, and i trie to understand the comments of Inkbean.org....no idea even who she/he is. Hopefully just some missunderstanding.OM:-)

      Delete
    6. come on, what else would you call an artist from Africa but an African artist? Africa is a PLACE.
      Inkbean is just trolling.

      Delete
  4. I love the painting you gifted!It is great! And the pattern for this challenge is also great! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, hey, I love the smile on your massage therapist's face, the painting, the example and the way cool pattern that was totally fun to draw and play with especially since I have been given the freedom, from the world of Zentangle to let it rip any ole way I please and be pleased with the results. I thoroughly enjoyed this challenge. It soothed me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I got a letter full of interesting things from Ela Rieger. She brought to me some zendala-tiles. I never tried original zendala tiles before and I have only made one zendala on an ordinary (artist quality) paper before. I had to try African Artist on this and I am really happy for the result!

    ReplyDelete
  7. yeah Laura, great that i checked the challenge yesturday and foun AFRICAN ARTIST as UMT.The FLOWER OF LIFE you created, big respect.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks to everybody who participate the challenge, i wrote a comment to allmost everybody of you, and got about 18 Delivery Failure notes, sorry to them who didn't recieve my feedback. happy christmas-time to all of you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you, Akua, for this beautiful tangle.

    ReplyDelete
  10. New to me tangle and it was a challenge, but a good one. Will practice some more.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm in love with the painting you presented to your doctor. It looks super cool. You painted it with acrylics paints?

    ReplyDelete

tangle me some zen, baby!!