Monday, December 14, 2015

Weekly Challenge #248

Good morning everyone!
We're on the home stretch to the big day here at Casa Diva!  The boys are spending their days making snowflakes and getting excited Christmas.

Artoo had a very special day in school - his Holiday Celebration!  His class at school invited a special person to come for snacktime! And that special person was me!  Artoo made me a special gingerbread cookie that he decorated all by himself.  It was delicious.

Adding the icing
Carefully decorating with sprinkles
When the parents arrived, we got to read stories together and eat our special snack and make a craft together!
Donuts!
It was a very fun time.
Smile!
Chewie has been very interested in decorating for the holidays, and he and B-rad put up some christmas lights outside in the tree.
I just love this face
another fun thing at our house is our family elf on the shelf named Elfybulla who reports back to Santa each night and then gets himself into shenanigans.  The boys have been having such a great time looking for him each morning.
Elfybulla wrapped himself inside our old cat door. He's not very proficient with tape. 
I can't believe how fast the days are going by.  I'm running out of time to get everything done!! So, as i have done in past years - I will be taking the rest of December off from Challenges. 

The weekly challenges will resume again on January 4th, and we will be into our FIFTH YEAR OF WEEKLY CHALLENGES!!! can you even believe it!! 

Weekly Challenge #248: "Give the Gift of Zentangle" 
this year's final Diva Challenge will be to give the gift of zentangle! 

I always cherish those gifts that are made by the giver.  I know for a fact that a person who takes the time out of their busy lives to MAKE something with their own two hands is giving you a piece of their heART.  

So this year, i'm giving my son's teachers each a zentangle gift.  Inspired by the Gold heart series done by Rick Roberts and Maria Thomas - i created these bijou tiles which happened to fit perfectly in these ornament frames i found at Michaels. 






Give a gift of zentangle to someone in your life!!  A friend, a teacher, a mailman, a doctor.... a perfect stranger!! 

Happy Holidays everyone and a Happy New Year.  May you all have cups full of cheer, and ink in your microns!! 

If you love the challenge as much as i do, please consider leaving a tip (tip jar in the side bar).  I write this blog for free and have no plans to make it a paid for service in the future.  Buy me a cup of coffee, or a new Micron pen!!  A very big thank you to those who have kept me in hot cups of joe. ;) 

Lots of love from Casa Diva!

See you back here January 4th!
Laura
If you have a blog, add the site-specific URL where your tile is posted to the linkey machine below! Don't forget to link back here so that others can join in the fun! (if you don't know how to find this, you can see my half assed tutorial here) Also, please feel free to come back often and visit the links of those people on the linkey machine - don't forget to leave a comment or feedback, everyone loves feedback. ;) 
If you have a blog or host your images on line (like on Flickr or Picassa or Pinterest), add the site-specific URL where your tile is posted to the linkey machine below! Don't forget to link back here so that others can join in the fun! (if you don't know how to find this, you can see my half assed tutorial here) Also, please feel free to come back often and visit the links of those people on the linkey machine - don't forget to leave a comment or feedback, everyone loves feedback. ;)



23 comments:

  1. Lovely ornaments you made, Laura, those teachers will be so pleased with them. Hope your Christmas will be filled with warmth and love and for 2016 I wish you health and peace above anything else!!!
    And .... thanks for another year of challenges!!!! Hugs, Annemarie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Laura, for all the joy you bring. May it return to you and yours one hundredfold! Love and Peace, Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will have to wait to post mine as the recipient reads my blog but I will say it turned out beautiful! So much so I'm planning to do more! May you all have a blessed holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish you a merry christmas and a lot of luck in 2016!
    Thank you for this great challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Laura for all the challenges that you come up with!
    I wish you and your family have a great Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cheers for a wonderful Christmas full of joy, happiness and a jolly time.
    Thank you Laura xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. The ornaments are super pretty, Laura. What a great idea. Thanks for sharing. In fact, thanks for everything.:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. The ornaments are super pretty, Laura. What a great idea. Thanks for sharing. In fact, thanks for everything.:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for sharing stories about your family. Thanks for keeping us learning and drawing with your inspirational weekly challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for the challenges, and have a wonderful break with your family!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful, Laura! And I love this idea. :) Giving is spreading love. Love to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you for these lovely challenges, Laura! Merry Christmas and a happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you for your weekly challenges, Laura! With this challenge, I wish to give away my response to one lucky, tangly artist. Please check out my blog post, everybody!:
    http://1xeritas.blogspot.com/2015/12/un-poco-loco-just-little-crazy.html
    All the best to you and your family this holiday season. Enjoy the fun with those kiddos. Have a brilliant day! Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks Laura for the challenges throughout the year and sharing the stories about you lovely family.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I made my Christmas cards this year using tangles. It was fun but definitely a challenge. Thanks for the challenges this year and I look forward to more next year!Merry Christmas and Happy New Year all!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh Laura, I have Michaels envy right now. Your craft stores are just so wonderful, not such a luxury we have in the UK. Thank you for the challenges throughout the year and letting us see your lovely family growing up. Have a wonderful Christmas and happy and healthy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Dear Laura, I submitted my first challenge. It is a great idea from you and I'm very happy that I have find you. Next year I hope to receive the CZT certificate and I look forward for more challenges

    ReplyDelete
  18. I am sorry I missed taking photos of my cards.. They are all put in envelopes and on their way... But I did take a pic of them before I put them in the mailbox! Merry Christmas Laura to you and your family! Maybe I might do one or two more cards and then I promise to show them here before sending! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thank you so much for all you do here! Wishing you and your lovely family the happiest of holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lucky, lucky teachers! Have a fabulous holiday and enjoy the family.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I wish you and your family a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  22. This graphics looks cool. As I understood it is graphics, yeah? I'd like to have such one picture. Looks very beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

tangle me some zen, baby!!