Monday, January 4, 2016

Weekly Challenge #249

Welcome Back everyone!!!


We had a lovely time off for Christmas.  The boys were so much fun, and we had a great time with all our family and our friends.  But i am so excited to have the kids back at school today.  ;)

Christmas Jammies! our two little Darth Vaders.  So cute i can barely stand it. 
Santa was good to both boys.



this is the face of a kid who got exactly what he wanted. 

And nothing is more cuddly than a stuffed Smiling Pile of Poo.
I am the mother of boys. 
 The weather has been gorgeous - and on Christmas Eve it snowed big fluffy flakes all day long.
So our Christmas looked like this:



but a definite highlight for Chewie (And for B-rad and myself) was finally seeing THIS:

YAHHHH!!!

we are cute. 

I hope you all had wonderful holiday season!  Thanks for the break, now let's get back to it!!

Weekly Challenge #249: "DuoTangle: Celebrate with Diva Dance and Auraknot"

It's Official! The Diva's weekly Challenge is Five Years Old! HUZZAH!!!

Thank you for joining me on this journey everyone!! 



To mark our fifth year together, let's celebrate with a duotangle, one of my favourite challenges.  And the tangles we'll use will be "Diva Dance" (Cuz i'm the diva) and "Auraknot" (cuz, it sorta rhymes with Laura)


A DuoTangle is a term coined here at the Diva Challenge that refers to a tile that is created with ONLY TWO tangles and their tanglations.  The step outs for Diva Dance can be found HERE and also Auraknot can be found here.

If you have a blog, add the site-specific URL where your tile is posted to the linkey machine below! Don't forget to link back here so that others can join in the fun! (if you don't know how to find this, you can see my half assed tutorial here) Also, please feel free to come back often and visit the links of those people on the linkey machine - don't forget to leave a comment or feedback, everyone loves feedback. ;) 
If you have a blog or host your images on line (like on Flickr or Picassa or Pinterest), add the site-specific URL where your tile is posted to the linkey machine below! Don't forget to link back here so that others can join in the fun! (if you don't know how to find this, you can see my half assed tutorial here) Also, please feel free to come back often and visit the links of those people on the linkey machine - don't forget to leave a comment or feedback, everyone loves feedback. ;)

40 comments:

  1. HEAR YE HEAR YE!!!

    We hereby deem that auraknot be called "LAURAKNOT" for this week of jubilation on this, the Fifth Year of The Diva Dance Weekly Challenge!!

    Rick Roberts and Maria Thomas, Zentangle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on five years, Laura. So many of have loved being part of your journey. I especially love watching your adorable boys grow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year!! Good to know you had a wonderful holiday season.. And Congratulations on completing 5 years of challenges!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy New Year and Happy Anniversary!
    Congrats and thank you for 5 wonderful years of challenges...hope there's many more to come!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Five years, so many challenges and so much work. THANK you Laura and congratulations. Also HAPPY 2016!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy new year! And Congratulations for 5 years weekly diva challenge! Wow!
    Thanks a lot for it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy everything! Congrats on your fifth anniversary and thanks, always! Cstocks

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for your weekly gift to the Zentangle Community. I saw Star Wars just before Christmas and loved it, loved it, loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy New Year Laura! Here's to the next 5 - always interesting, always fun, always good to stay connected. Many thanks. Axxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy New Year and Happy Anniversary! Thanks for doing all this! Wonderful tile you presented for this event!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Anniversary! And thank you so much for this wonderful challenge!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations on 5 years - celebrating with you by doing my first ever zentangle challenge

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations on 5 years - celebrating with you by doing my first ever zentangle challenge

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your two boys in their Darth Vader outfits. Isn't it funny how boys want to be the villain? My grandson is the same; he wants to be a Cyberman when he grows up. I'm glad you had a good Christmas holiday - Welcome Back.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congratulations, Laura! You rock! Here's to another 5! Happy 2016, with much love and many blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  17. YES - Happy New Year and Happy Five Years and Happy Everything. Thanks too for giving me a challenge with a most difficult to make look anything other than mechanical and contrived - Auraknot and for Diva Dance, probably my all time favorite pattern. Put em together and what do you get ???? A mechanically contrived Auraknot and a groovy Diva Dance, what else.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Happy New Year. I look forward to following along on the Harm family adventures in 2016.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Deb Thompson (CZT 23 To Be!)January 5, 2016 at 4:24 PM

    Happy Anniversary, and New Year! Thank you for all of the time, and effort put into being "The Diva." I lost control of my senses on the Diva Dance-- I might have to sit down for a few minutes. May The Force Be With You!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Congratulations Classmate for CZT3! You've come a long ... and great way Baby! Here's to another 5.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow, look at all the eager beavers! They obviously missed you over the holiday break - as I did. Back to my daily check-in to see all the new posts and maybe this year I may actually participate. We'll see.
    Glad you all had such a lovely Christmas - snow, prezzies & Star Wars. Congrats on 5 years, Jenny from Oz.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Laura, a very happy New Year and best wishes for you and your family! Thank you for the nice weekly challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Dear DIVA Laura,
    happy Anniversary, happy New Year to you and your fantastic family and thank you so much for the many hours of fun with your challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Congratulations on 5 years Laura! Carolyn here, from Ottawa. I was so taken by your photo of the park with the sun shining through it that I got up off my butt and painted a picture of it. Just for you. If you would like it I will mail it to you (when it dries lol).

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wow, five years! I have missed so much in the four and a half years before I discovered Zentangle. Thanks so much for continuing to host this challenge, I know it is harder work than it seems. I love hearing about your family and I have to say today that I wish I with my legs crossed like your son :-)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Happy Anniversary! Time to celebrate!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Congratulations on five years! Fantastic job :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Congrats on your anniversary..I am still new to the community...but this challenge helps me tremendously.Thank you for you work and keep it up!! Thanks ..This week was difficult but I tried !

    ReplyDelete
  29. Happy 5 years!!! And thank you for all you do.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Dear Laura,
    Congratulations!! I think that you are great for keeping this alive for five years.
    I have visited the site a few times over the years but this is the first time that I entered.
    Great Job!!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Happy New Year to you and your fabulous family! And, especially, Congratulations on 5 years of Diva Challenges. Keep them coming, Laura. We all look forward to them.

    ReplyDelete
  32. FIVE years. Wow and double wow. That is amazing.
    You and Linda Farmer are like the glue holding us all together here in Zentangle land. I've been posting on and off for about 2 years now and find it so much fun!!! And have loved keeping up with your life and your wonderful boys. Keep warm up there in Canada you guys. I am tucked into Florida and loving it down here. And here's to another 5 years!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Congrats on the big "5", Laura! You have done so much to inspire so many! I have really loved watching your little guys grow through the years! Hugs to all of you!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Happy New Year! Thanks for being here.

    ReplyDelete
  35. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  36. I finally got this one posted. What with being out of town and my computer down (see my post on Diva Challenge #252) I wasn't able to get this one up until now. But I like how it turned out and wanted to get it posted.

    Thank you Laura for doing this for 5 whole years. That is real dedication. I love coming here and seeing what you have for us next and what other people have done with the challenges. May the next 5 years be even better.

    ReplyDelete

tangle me some zen, baby!!