Monday, January 25, 2016

Weekly Challenge #252

Happy Monday to all!

This week started on a bit of a down turn, Artoo was sick.   I kept him home from school last week because i wanted to really nip it in the bud, knowing that he had a very big day coming up on Friday. He was sad and wanted to go to school, but i told him if we took the time to make sure he didn't get any sicker hopefully he'd be better in tim.  And he was!

Because Moebius Syndrome Awareness day was on Sunday this year, his Kindergarten class was having a Purple Day celebration on Friday! So on Thursday Artoo and i made purple 'awareness day' cookies to share with his class.

my very handsome helper

He even helped me ice them.  He's so talented.
His class wore purple and drew purple pictures and i talked to his class a little bit about how your brain is like a big computer and how all over your body your muscles have cell phones that get text messages from your brain, telling you to move your body, and that when Artoo was born some of his muscles didn't get cell phones or got cell phones that were broken or didn't work very well, so some of his muscles don't get the messages from his brain to move - and that's Moebius Syndrome.

His class wearing their purple!
In Artoo's school, all the little kids are paired up with an older 'care partner' in one of the higher grades.  So.  A big surprise for me was just after the above class photo was taken, there was a knock on the door, and the kindergarten class' grade 4 care partners came in, all wearing purple too.  my eyes were not dry, i'm not gonna lie.

One of Artoo's care partners (he has two) was so sweet.  She made him a purple card, and she came up to me and introduced herself and said: "I'm Artoo's care partner, he's so awesome!"

Purple!!
He just had such a great day.  He was so happy to see his friends wearing purple for him.  And all his friends at school were so great and wanted to sit beside him and hold his hand.  Artoo handed out his cookies at snack time and he was so proud that he helped to bake them.  all in all, it was a pretty great day.

On Sunday, which was the actual date of MSAD, we took the boys to the pool and had a really fun day.

Here's our annual Moebius Syndrome Awareness Day family pics.

Happy Family

goofs 
silly
Thank you everyone for your support with last week's challenge.  It makes me so happy to know that so many of you participated and shared about moebius syndrome on your blogs and sites, and many of you emailed me to tell me you wore purple on sunday!! It means so much to us.  And maybe someday you might meet someone with Moebius Syndrome and instead of saying; "Moebius Syndrome? I've never heard of that" You'll say: "Yeah! I know about Moebius!!" (and you'll blow their socks off. lol)

Weekly Challenge #252: "String Theory: Tangle within a tangle... it's like inception... but with tangles"

This week's challenge is to use a tangle as your string.  Any tangle you like, just biggify it to make it a string.  Then? Tangle inside!

i've really been feeling Flux lately, so i chose flux as my tangle/string.

flux string. not to be confused with the Flux Capacitor
 I tangled my little flux 'leaves' and voila!

flux-tastic
 My favourite one is the Flux in the Flux.  Like Inception. ;)

Have a great week everyone!

If you have a blog, add the site-specific URL where your tile is posted to the linkey machine below! Don't forget to link back here so that others can join in the fun! (if you don't know how to find this, you can see my half assed tutorial here) Also, please feel free to come back often and visit the links of those people on the linkey machine - don't forget to leave a comment or feedback, everyone loves feedback. ;) 
If you have a blog or host your images on line (like on Flickr or Picassa or Pinterest), add the site-specific URL where your tile is posted to the linkey machine below! Don't forget to link back here so that others can join in the fun! (if you don't know how to find this, you can see my half assed tutorial here) Also, please feel free to come back often and visit the links of those people on the linkey machine - don't forget to leave a comment or feedback, everyone loves feedback. ;)


31 comments:

  1. So loving all the things done for Artoo in that school!!! Must indeed have been GREAT for him.
    I like the new challenge and your tile is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have such a beautiful family. I'm glad Artoo was able to go to school on Friday and share treats. It sounds like he has a great group of classmates. I love doing tangles inside of tangles. This will be fun to see. I love yours; Flux is a great choice! (Now, I'll have to think of something else LOL!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad Artoo recovered in time to share Moebius Syndrome Awareness Day with his schoolmates. It's so important for children to learn empathy and to celebrate our differences and challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Purple is my favorite color, so I wear it quite often. Now I'll use it as a reminder to think of Artoo and pray for your whole family and Moebius awareness (still enjoying the memories of your very joyful style at CanTangle).

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that Artoo has a fourth grade buddy! How nice! Schools I hope are changing for the better with tolerance and not bullying. I was bullied and it does my heart good to see Artoo loved and thriving in school. Bless his heart !!! :)
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you had a great Moebius Syndrome Awareness Day.
    Your challenge this week is very interesting and I had a lot of fun with my string-patterns N'zeppel and Paradox.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I enjoyed reading about Moebius Syndrome Awareness Day. As a second grade teacher I love to hear about schools that get it right for making school a place that celebrates diversity and supports all learners!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a clever description of Moebious Syndrome - the cellphone/text thing I mean. It helps make it understandable to us adults as well as the children. Another great challenge, I don't know how you keep coming up with them.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so pleased that your childrens' school is supportive of you all.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great pictures and a fun challenge. Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your family stories are wonderful Laura. Your energy, strength and openness are heart warming. Fun, fun, fun challenge this week. I need to remember to use it on my own from time-to-time.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you so much for the wonderful infos and pictures of your family! I'm glad that Artoo was able to go to school on friday.
    The challenge was also so great - I loved the idea to use a tangle as a string. Thanks and many greetings to you :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. So glad Artoo was well enough to be there for the school celebrations!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am glad his day at school was such a big success! I loved the way you explained it to the kids at their level! It is good that his friends are so understanding! I also loved your family pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I really love your story and positivity. You're doing such a great job as a mother. I hope you hear that enough and believe it!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am glad the Moebius-day came out so good! And what a fun challenge this week! I used Dragon Air as a string, can you see it?

    ReplyDelete
  18. Glad you have a whole village supportive of Artoo. THanks for the challenge, as always. Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  19. Deb Thompson, CZT 23 to be.January 28, 2016 at 8:33 PM

    Thank you for sharing information about Moebius Syndrome. I had no knowledge of this. Aside from your artistic passion, I so enjoy your passion and love of family. You are blessed.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks for the great challenge! Love the family pics!
    Barb B. CZT

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thanks for the challenge great one!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. My first challenge, but I really enjoyed it. It was great and I am excited for the next one. Thank you very much for all the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  23. To echo Dayna, you and B-rad are such wonderful parents. I love reading about your family. Thanks for sharing your life with us, and for a super cool challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I fear I may have posted more than once. I saw my link there when I first added it, but then came back later and found it wasn't there. Sorry if I'm having growing pains figuring out how this works! :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. I'm so glad that Artoo was able to celebrate his special day. I love all of the support he is getting from you and your family and the community. I love the challenge this week and am going to try a few more of the ideas that I had. Thank you for your challenges and sharing a peek into your life!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I'm really sorry that I wasn't able to do the Moebius challenge. It was a not so great week, and I didn't get much done, Zentangle-wise. But I did wear Purple on Sunday. It's my favorite color, and I wear something Purple every day.

    I was so happy to hear of the wonderful support Artoo and all of your family got at his school. It's a sign that perhaps things are changing for the better. I know you and Brad have been instrumental in bringing this about.

    Thanks for this great challenge; I really enjoyed it. And thanks for all the inspiration you bring to this Zentangle communiuty.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Thanks for your interesting challenges. I am absolutely astounded at the different tangles used as a string. I learn so much from my fellow tanglers.

    ReplyDelete
  28. My first entry since #145, but I never stopped following you and your wonderful family!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Yes, it's a bit late in the week. Only 7:00 pm here in California this last day of January. I missed out on the last few weeks because I was out of town and my laptop broke - yes BROKE - Not the inside, but the plastic part of the case around the hinge. So, I took it in to a computer shop where I was and they couldn't get a part (Toshiba doesn't make parts). They finally glued it together after much deliberation. I finally got it back the day before I came home. sigh BUT, I have it now and it's working. I just found out about this challenge and finished it while I was making soup today. It is now up and ready to see.

    I also have the (L)auraknot/Diva Dance tile done. It was on my computer and ready to upload to Flicker, but alas. I will add it now.

    Thanks Laura, for all you do. What a wonderful family you have. Artoo will do wonderfully with such supportive parents.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Participating in your challenge for the second time. Thanks !

    ReplyDelete
  31. I did this challenge with Phicops, I love "tangling" in tangles.

    ReplyDelete

tangle me some zen, baby!!