Monday, February 1, 2016

Weekly Challenge #253

Happy Monday everyone!
Another fine week at Casa Diva!

Chewie and I had an epic Jenga game.  Here's the photographic evidence!

JENGA!!
My inlaws took B-rad and i out this week to see a really great Pink Floyd tribute band.  B-rad and i are big Floyd fans!  My inlaws haven't heard much of their music outside of the songs on the radio, so it was really cool to experience the music with them for the first time.

See you on the Dark Side of the Moon. 
The boys had the day off on Friday - so Artoo and i got in a little extra snuggle time.  How he likes to cuddle is to lay right on top of me.

my adorable little man.
I know that he wont be able to do this forever, nor will he want to - so i take him up on it any time i can.  it's my favourite.

On the weekend we celebrated my brother in law's 40th birthday party - they had a Black Light Glow-Party! There were drinks and treats and dancing and a little bit of karaoke! It was good times!
I'm an adorable kitty

fun fun fun!
It was a fun party - and we had a good time! 

Weekly Challenge #253: "New Tangle: Molygon"
This weekend Zentangle HQ released the newest tangle Molygon in the Zentangle Newsletter.  You can sign up for the newsletter here

Molygon is a fun tangle to play with, and it's got endless fill possibilities - much like the Tripoli

Here's my tile, inspired by the Glow-Party this weekend! 

Turn on the black lights!
here are a few more tiles featuring Molygon.
I used a metallic pink gelly roll here, and this is a classic example of pushing through a tile.
I added fescue around the molygon's and i hated it.  But then i added another aura and filled in the background
and now i love it.
A little molygon on an Artist Trading Card
Have a great week!
If you have a blog, add the site-specific URL where your tile is posted to the linkey machine below! Don't forget to link back here so that others can join in the fun! (if you don't know how to find this, you can see my half assed tutorial here) Also, please feel free to come back often and visit the links of those people on the linkey machine - don't forget to leave a comment or feedback, everyone loves feedback. ;) 
If you have a blog or host your images on line (like on Flickr or Picassa or Pinterest), add the site-specific URL where your tile is posted to the linkey machine below! Don't forget to link back here so that others can join in the fun! (if you don't know how to find this, you can see my half assed tutorial here) Also, please feel free to come back often and visit the links of those people on the linkey machine - don't forget to leave a comment or feedback, everyone loves feedback. ;)

16 comments:

  1. Yes, enjoy those children while they are young. They grow up way too fast. Nice to share Floyd with the generation that loved them best. One of my favorites in the day! Off to have some fun with Molygon. I particularly like your ATC one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really fun challenge. And I second what Jean said, they grow up way to fast. Enjoy the cuddles while you can!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty soon they're teenagers and you're ready for them to leave home. (Then, they get sane again, so don't worry). I jumped the gun on Molygon last week, but I really like it, so I was happy to get to use it again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. As expected :-) Molygon this week. I love that one (like probably most of us). You did very well with your tiles, all three are beautiful.
    And, YES, enjoy your kids in this period of their lives. But ... I think all ages of them have great things in them. I myself still look at my (quite adult) children and love to see what kind of people they became and so happy to be a part of their lives!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful family stories. Beautiful tiles. Beautiful challenge. THANKS! I preempted and had already done gone and Molygoned before and used them for the challenge. I love the new pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So enjoyed working with this wonderful relaxing new pattern - thank you

    ReplyDelete
  7. Molygon seems so simple. But it is a challenge for me. I want to do some more, it is a fantastic pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE JENGA! Simply made. Lots of fun. I scream every time it falls. Molygon....More practice for me. Mine looks like peaches. I love your first tile best!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you so much for a fun challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  10. All great tiles but I like the glow tile the best - so fun and captures the spirit of this tangle!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Molygon was tricky! I found it was easier to put points on the end of the shapes than round them off. Getting the hang of it, though. Thanks for the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you for another fun challenge! I really like Molygon. As I said on my blog, something special happened. My daughter (she's in college) came along and watched me while I was shading my tile. She asked me if I would let her have my tile to keep because she thought it was so pretty! You have no idea how happy this made me!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Needs practice but I like the shape....Thanks for the challenge

    ReplyDelete
  14. Loving this shape! It's going to have lots of possibility. Thanks for the great challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Finally got this done, just in time. I really like this tangle. There are always things you wish were different in how you did a tile, but it also always ends up surprising. Thank you for these great challenges Laura.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very nice challenge, never use molygon before, I can see great potential. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete

tangle me some zen, baby!!