Monday, February 29, 2016

Weekly Challenge #257

Good morning everyone!!
Thank you so much for all your kind words and emails.  I am so happy that this week is over.  it was another long week.  Things didn't get much better until around Thursday - and until then it was a long of long nights and hard days and boys needing extra cuddles, mommying, and naps.

Look at that face.  
By Friday it looked as though i might have my two little boys back to their old selves again.

be still my heart.
Chewie spent a lot of time playing with Lego this week.  Here's one of his amazing creations - a SPY listener.

and on the weekend Grandma and Grandpa took us and the boys for burgers and fries to celebrate being healed up after surgery.

So excited for onion rings
things are just about back to normal here.  and we are happy about that. 
thanks for the well wishes everyone!!

this week fellow CZT Amy Broady's got your challenge for you!


Weekly Challenge #257: "Guest Post - Oooh Shiny!"

Happy Leap Day!!! Wow—this day happens only once every 4 years, so let’s make the most of it!

I am Amy Broady, CZT™ from Knoxville, Tenneessee, USA. You might remember me from Weekly Challenge #176: “B.Y.O.B.”  I was thrilled by all the tanglers who responded to that challenge, and I am so happy to be a guest writer again, filling in for our beloved Diva.

Today being a special day, I want to challenge you to make your tangled work shine! Or gleam. Or glint. Add a special touch. I challenge you to include a METALLIC feature in your tangled art this week. It could be bold or subtle, a major feature, or a finishing touch.

There are so many ways to do this!

That being said, at this time, I don’t want offer more input than my example here. Why? Because you might want to come up with your own ways to meet the challenge. I have lots of ideas, but instead of swamping you with suggestions, I want to give you a chance to come up with your own. What materials do you have around your studio or house that could help you to meet this challenge?

If you’d like to see some suggestions and additional examples, please visit my blog, www.tanglefish.blogspot.com in the days to come. I will be adding content/examples all week! You see, addition to challenging YOU to polish up your creativity by working metal into your art, I am challenging MYSELF to blog every day this week, from today through Saturday.


I started my tile with a metallic dimensional sticker from a package I bought in the scrapbook section of Target a few years ago. I also added some final detail with Fine Tec watercolor in Sterling Silver. This tile features the tangles ‘dillo (by Lori Manoogian, CZT) and betweed.


Happy tangling!

If you have a blog, add the site-specific URL where your tile is posted to the linkey machine below! Don't forget to link back here so that others can join in the fun! (if you don't know how to find this, you can see my half assed tutorial here) Also, please feel free to come back often and visit the links of those people on the linkey machine - don't forget to leave a comment or feedback, everyone loves feedback. ;) 
If you have a blog or host your images on line (like on Flickr or Picassa or Pinterest), add the site-specific URL where your tile is posted to the linkey machine below! Don't forget to link back here so that others can join in the fun! (if you don't know how to find this, you can see my half assed tutorial here) Also, please feel free to come back often and visit the links of those people on the linkey machine - don't forget to leave a comment or feedback, everyone loves feedback. ;)


12 comments:

  1. So happy to see that everyone is feeling better! Fun challenge from Amy that I will have to think on for a bit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your tile is stunning! Thank you for this interesting challenge

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved this challenge. Everything is better with a little sparkle!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad things are getting back to normal for your family. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great challenge. I really love and enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the sparkle this week, Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great fun! I gladly took the opportunity to get out my Millennium Falcon art kit

    ReplyDelete
  8. DebThompson CZT 23 to be!March 3, 2016 at 2:47 PM

    Thank you for taking the time to launch this challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so glad the Diva household is feeling better now. That is so hard when 1 kidling is sick, but with 2 down, wow! You have survived it!

    I was struggling trying to figure out what to do with this challenge at first. But then it dawned on me that I'd just found some metal tiles (copper coated aluminum?) that are shiny and would be perfect for this. So, that's what I did. Have a great week everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I had fun. But not taking so much attention to the metallic stuff. I tried to get my zendala shine.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This was a challenging challenge! I love shiny things, and did create a few tiles with metallic pens, but when photographed the shine did not come through...then, I opted for a mirror as my surface...
    This definitely gave me shine--and a bit of a headache!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Glad to hear that everyone is feeling better. I was very excited when I saw this challenge, because I love using metallic/shiny elements. But unfortunately, the metallic shine does not show when you have scanned the tile. But trust me, it is there.

    ReplyDelete

tangle me some zen, baby!!