Monday, April 4, 2016

Weekly Challenge #262

Hello everyone!
Hope you've all had a great week.  The boys have been home from school all week for Easter Break - and am i ever excited for them to be back in school.  Artoo is feeling much better, it took about half the week for him to be back to his old self again.  He's pretty content as long as he has music to listen to.  

Chewie spent much of this week off telling me he was bored, or annoying his little brother.  HIS answer to his boredom was to play video games every waking minute, but that's not about to happen.  After his allotted game time he would inevitably find me to tell me he was SOOOO BORED and that there was NOTHING TO DOOOOO... and after giving him a few suggestions at the beginning of the week, which he shot down because it wasn't 'playing more video games' i basically told him it wasn't my job to entertain him, my job was to make sure he was clean and fed and safe.  Entertainment was up to him.

He moaned and groaned a bit and then sulked off.  But every time, miracle of miracles - he found something to do; a book to read, colouring, playing lego, playing with his toys... imagine that.

A lot of my 'spare' time this week has been working on this dresser that we received from B-rad's grandmother for Artoo's room. 
what a 'beautiful' shade of goldish yellow stain.... **sarcasm**
We had a need, and B-rad's grandma is trying to downsize so it was a win/win.  Now, i've never EVER tried my hand and furniture restoration.  So, it's definitely an adventure...  

I've got most of the stain stripped off these drawers, and they've been sanded.  The wood looks so pretty. 


It's been a fun project, but i'm already ready to see the end of it.  Mostly because since the old dresser broke all Artoo's laundry has been sitting in piles in his closet. ;)

I really took very few pics of the boys this week, but the ones i did take will make your hearts melt.  Check out these dapper gentlemen.



They had their annual spring pics this week with our friends' girls.  I can't wait to see the proofs.

And this weekend B-rad and I were treated to the most amazing meal ever - courtesy of B-rad's oldest brother and his wife.  Everything was awesome.  Look at the awesomeness...

Saskatoon Berry Baked Brie

Greg and Shannon - also pictured here: My amazing Filet Mignon and Button Mushrooms
 I had never had Filet Mignon before.  Let me just say: LIFE CHANGED.

B-rad went face to face with a 16oz prime rib.  and he came out victorious.  I honestly have no idea how he ate the whole thing, it was the size of his head!

that's a lot of meat.
 It was really nice to hang out with them.  Sometimes we get so busy and distracted with our insane life that it's nice to actually sit down with people and visit.  like adults.  ;)

Cheers!

How did you all enjoy last week's challenge? I've been visiting your blogs and they look amazing.  So, thanks again Jane for your really awesome challenge! 

Weekly Challenge #262: "UMT - Fassett by Lynn Mead"

Here we are, the first Monday of the month so that means Use My Tangle (UMT) where we try our hand at one of tangles that you've created. 

This month's tangle is called FASSETT and was created by Lynn Mead.  The step outs can be found here. Oh my gosh. I *LOVE* this tangle.  It's so fun, and so beautiful - and it's one of those tangles that looks complicated but is actually quite simple. 


For those of you who are new, the first Monday of every month is a Use My Tangle Challenge, where the challenge of the week is to use a tangle created by one of you!  If you have a tangle you'd like to submit you can add it here and be sure that it follows the guidelines for submission.

Have fun with Fassett!

If you have a blog, add the site-specific URL where your tile is posted to the linkey machine below! Don't forget to link back here so that others can join in the fun! (if you don't know how to find this, you can see my half assed tutorial here) Also, please feel free to come back often and visit the links of those people on the linkey machine - don't forget to leave a comment or feedback, everyone loves feedback. ;) 
If you have a blog or host your images on line (like on Flickr or Picassa or Pinterest), add the site-specific URL where your tile is posted to the linkey machine below! Don't forget to link back here so that others can join in the fun! (if you don't know how to find this, you can see my half assed tutorial here) Also, please feel free to come back often and visit the links of those people on the linkey machine - don't forget to leave a comment or feedback, everyone loves feedback. ;)

18 comments:

  1. I'm sooooo glad that Artoo is back to his nirmal self again! Imdo like your tike and wonder what I'll do with this challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When play at home video games first became a thing, our oldest son, then about 8, found himself getting so upset when he made a mistake in a game that he came to me and told me he was putting them away until he could handle it better. It was about a year before he started playing again. I admire your tenacity in limiting the amount of time Chewie can play. It would be so much easier just to give in. I'm glad Artoo is feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to see Artoo looking so much better. My children soon discovered not to say they were bored as I gave them 'interesting' jobs to do! Books were never so much fun!!
    I'm delighted that Fassett is this week's challenge - I love it. I may do more than one....As always, thank you.
    Axxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. That steak looks wonderful, though how it could all be eaten in one meal I do not know. I love the boys in their shirts and braces (suspenders?)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah...to be bored again!! LOL Thanks for another great challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad things seems to be going the right way! Artoo looks fine! Thanks for the challenge with Fassett which is a great pattern!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. When my students (Gr. 4 and 5) tell me they're bored I always remind them that boredom is a lack of their own imagination. The world is so full of wonderful things to explore and create they should find there isn't enough hours in the day! :) Thanks for these challenges that keep me from ever getting bored ;).

    ReplyDelete
  9. So glad Artoo is feeling better.

    I love your response to Chewie's boredom! I even shared it with my grown daughter, I may even add it to a blog post soon (crediting you, of course). :)

    I absolutely LOVE Fassett! I had never tried it before and I think I fell in love. To me, this tangle is what Zentangle is all about: simple steps that magically develop into something wonderful.

    Thank you for the weekly challenges. I don't always participate, but try to most weeks for the last year and a half or so. I like that it is not facebook based. :)

    Have a great week and I hope you get that dresser finished soon. I leave all painting and such to my husband since he is a professional paint contractor.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It is always fun to learn a new tangle--and this one just transforms when the little lines are added!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Another stretch for me but I tried...nice pattern and really not difficult!

    ReplyDelete
  12. For a change I'm getting this posted early in the week. Usually I save all my challenges to post them together, but that usually ends up being at the very last minute. So from now on, I'm going to post them as I finish them. This is the first one for this week; and I thoroughly enjoyed it. While looking through strings to find something appropriate, I came across #129 by Nancy Smith. It seemed perfect; so I went with it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The boys look so cute in their bow ties and braces

    ReplyDelete
  14. I loved the challenge! Fassett (and it's cousin Phroz) are some of my favorites.
    Glad the boys are doing well; they really rock the bow tie.

    ReplyDelete
  15. So glad you had a great week with all your good-looking boys and that lovely dinner! The dresser looks so nice - are you going to tangle the drawer fronts? It could be classy! Somebody posted a coffee table they did. Masked off a wood toned area to tangle and painted the rest black. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  16. LOVED those bow ties. They made me chuckle! And I needed a little chuckle so now am all happied up. I love Fassett and can't believe that by Friday afternoon you have 69 entries! OMGosh. I gotta get going. I don't peek much as I like to create "cold" but I did look at Margaret's. OMGosh.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Late, late, late, but ohhhhhhhh, so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm late too! Thanks for the challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete

tangle me some zen, baby!!