Monday, April 11, 2016

Weekly Challenge #263

Good Morning everyone!
This week at school Artoo and his class went to the University to visit the Biology building!  He was a little apprehensive about going on a field trip, but once he got there he had a really good time.  He really loved the butterfly display.


The weather is still trying to figure out what it wants to do. It even snowed again Sunday morning.  Bleh.
brothers!
We picked up the new Star Wars Movie and had a bit of a movie afternoon.

Chewie and I played a little bit of Star Wars Battleship this weekend too.
He kicked my butt, and the Resistance won. 
It was a low key weekend because sadly - Artoo is sick.  Again.  I know.  SO we're watching him closely and doing all we can to keep him home.  So.  Happy thoughts please.

Weekly Challenge #263: "Amanda Day (Earth Day) Globular Grid"

In honour of Earth Day (also known as Amanda Day around here) this week's challenge a grid based challenge, with a bit of a twist.  
The challenge is create your grid on a circle and make it globular. Here's how to do it!


I drew a light string onto a blank renaissance zendala tile, then i made two parenthesis type lines ( ) down the centre of the tile.

From there, i just added more parenthesis lines, meeting at the tops and bottoms.  


then i turned my tile 90 degrees and did the same.


Once your grid is complete, tangle away!!


If you don't have a zendala tile, just trace a cup or a bowl on a regular tile and follow the same steps!
Have a great week everyone


If you have a blog, add the site-specific URL where your tile is posted to the linkey machine below! Don't forget to link back here so that others can join in the fun! (if you don't know how to find this, you can see my half assed tutorial here) Also, please feel free to come back often and visit the links of those people on the linkey machine - don't forget to leave a comment or feedback, everyone loves feedback. ;) 
If you have a blog or host your images on line (like on Flickr or Picassa or Pinterest), add the site-specific URL where your tile is posted to the linkey machine below! Don't forget to link back here so that others can join in the fun! (if you don't know how to find this, you can see my half assed tutorial here) Also, please feel free to come back often and visit the links of those people on the linkey machine - don't forget to leave a comment or feedback, everyone loves feedback. ;)

29 comments:

  1. What a beautiful tile! Renaissance tiles are usually a struggle for me. So I'll be sticking with a white tile. :)

    Thank you for the wonderful challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, never done this before, so this is a real challenge! Thanks, your tile is gorgeous.
    My healing and happy thoughts are with Artoo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holding Artoo, and all your dear family in the healing Light.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful. I've done mine its not the prettiest my Zen has gone abit wrong lately due to not getting a chance to tangle for a while. Hoping its back soon x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ps hope Artoo is feeling a little better already

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sorry to hear Artoo is feeling poorly again. We're having weather whiplash here in Philly too. Looks like a fun challenge and your "death star" ;-) is awesomely beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for this challenge, I'm excited to see what happens. All the best for Artoo. He's such a brave little boy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sending uplifting thoughts your way. Thank you for this great challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ce challenge me plait bien cette semaine. j'espère que j'aurai du temps pour y participer.

    Tous mes vœux de meilleures santé au petit Artoo. J'espère de tout mon cœur que l'hôpital ne sera pas nécessaire. Une pensée pour sa famille qui le soutient bien !

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful challenge. You do such nice work. More good happy healing thoughts for Artoo and your whole family. I'm glad you take the time to do this with all the challenges you have at home. Although I'm thinking that setting up the challenge is probably a good relaxing thing for you to do. Spring is on its way. I think the sunshine will be good for everyone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, that's right. Spring is already here. Well, the sunshine is on its way. :-) It really is!
      Just got my tile completed and downloaded. I scanned it in so it looks like it's on a square tile, but it really is on a white Zendala.

      Delete
  14. This was a great challenge. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Whew! That was a toughie! But the end product looks really neat. I hope you guys have a better week.

    ReplyDelete
  16. All those comments I deleted were duplicates. I'm not sure why my comment posted so many times. Sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy healing thoughts for Artoo! Thanks for teaching me how to draw a globular grid. Your tile is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm thinking I need to add some round tiles to my stash!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I just noticed that we can also give comments on your work. I'm sorry I did'nt see that before but I really appreciate what you are doing. I like to read about your family and I find your sons very nice and Artoo is really a brave one!
    Your challenges are very inspiring, I love that and your tiles are always beautiful.
    Again: thank you very much.
    I am glad to be a brandnew CZT (22nd Seminar)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Enjoyed completing this tile. It has been far too long since I last took part in the challenge, I had to blow the dust off my set of pens!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Sending good vibes to Artoo. Wow, what a challenging challenge. I think I forgot about 16 dozen things I was gonna do today. I can't believe I filled the whole thing. Whooooooooweeeeeee.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh honey…not Artoo again! Poor guy and poor mom and oh boy.
    Love the challenge but not that news.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thanks for this, I've been meaning to tackle something and this was the perfect time to go all Op-art. Good health to your family, including yourself. Have a brilliant day! c

    ReplyDelete
  24. Thanks for this, I've been meaning to tackle something and this was the perfect time to go all Op-art. Good health to your family, including yourself. Have a brilliant day! c

    ReplyDelete
  25. Great challenge!! I just saw it today and had to participate :) Hope Artoo is feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Loved this challenge - thank you ! And I hope Artoo is feeling all better by now!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Thank you Laura for such a great challenge! I really enjoyed doing this and I will probably try it again. I haven´t done som many zendalas in my life, but it is so fun! Hope Artoo is recovering well!

    ReplyDelete

tangle me some zen, baby!!