Monday, April 25, 2016

Weekly Challenge #265

Hey Hey!
Happy Monday everyone.

Feeling MUCH better this week.  I still have a bit of the sniffles, but for the most part the cold is done.  So i celebrated by taking myself for a 7km run Tuesday morning.  


Artoo was very glad to be back at school.  The weather was nice and so we have been walking to and from school.


A big portion of my week was finally FINALLY getting this dresser business over with.  It's finally done.   
before
On Thursday the stain and varnish were dry so I started cleaning up Artoo's bedroom to bring in the new dresser - and i thought: "Maybe i'll just wash these walls first" - except that the paint we used when we painted the room back when i was pregnant with Chewie was so cheap that it came off onto my wash cloth with soapy water!! So, after i picked up Artoo from kindergarten that morning, we went to the hardware store and he picked out some bright green "Kermit Green" paint.  

That afternoon i puttied and sanded the walls took out all the furniture and then painted around the edges.  Friday morning i rented a carpet cleaner - and then cleaned the carpets in between coats of Kermit Green.  


after: finally done. 
So happy to be done.

Also -  big news at Casa Diva - Chewie lost a tooth. I didn't get a picture of it to show you because it was right before bedtime on Sunday night.

Weekly Challenge #265: "Stripes"
Stripes is one of my favourite challenges,  They always look so great.  So many tangles lend themselves to Striping, but regular tangles look great in stripes too.

Stripes on a zentangle ATC

So, tangle up some stripes and have a great week!

If you have a blog, add the site-specific URL where your tile is posted to the linkey machine below! Don't forget to link back here so that others can join in the fun! (if you don't know how to find this, you can see my half assed tutorial here) Also, please feel free to come back often and visit the links of those people on the linkey machine - don't forget to leave a comment or feedback, everyone loves feedback. ;) 
If you have a blog or host your images on line (like on Flickr or Picassa or Pinterest), add the site-specific URL where your tile is posted to the linkey machine below! Don't forget to link back here so that others can join in the fun! (if you don't know how to find this, you can see my half assed tutorial here) Also, please feel free to come back often and visit the links of those people on the linkey machine - don't forget to leave a comment or feedback, everyone loves feedback. ;)

22 comments:

  1. Best dresser and room color EVER. You are so good to your boys!
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to see everyone getting back to healthy! Love the green!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad things are looking up for you and your family, Laura. i hope it continues.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Being a green person myself, I can't help but love Artoo's room and dresser. And the challenge was sooooooooo much fun and intense. Took a while, I must say. Whooooooooo and Wheeeeeee!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad you're all feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a difference between before and after, very nice work!!!
    Artoo and you are really looking fine, that is good news for us all.
    Thank you again for this pleasant challenge

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is my third zentangle tile i was painting and i´m so happy that i found zentangle - it´s so great! Thank you for this Challenge and thank you all for your wonderful and inspiring tiles!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your work on the dresser. A project like this, with little guys in the house? Supreme accomplishment! It is now a foreve piece.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So glad you all are feeling much better. Congratulations on finishing the dresser and painting the room too!

    I love the challenges. Thank you so much for providing them.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for this challenge! It's the first one I've completed where I actually like the end product, woo hoo! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm so glad you are all feeling so much better. Fixing up that room was quite a challenge and it turned out beautiful. I love that green - it's such a soothing color. And I really like the green knobs on the dresser that match the color on the walls. Really fun.

    And this weeks challenge was just that. And fun! Thank you for all your work on this site. I love doing these challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Glad to hear, that you and your son are feeling better. Thank you for challenging again, your striped tile is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for the challenge and so glad you all are on the mend!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am so glad you are all feeling better! The dresser looks so nice! And this challenge is great! I love that there are not to many limits! Thank´s!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your productivity is impressive! I'm so glad you're both feeling better. Thanks for the challenge - I love stripes!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for the fun challenges. Donna MJ Kinsey, CZT

    ReplyDelete
  17. Glad to hear that you're all on the mend. I love the Stripes Challenge it's always one of my favorites; and this was no exception. As you can see, I went in a slightly different direction this time. Instead of having all the stripes go in the same direction, I placed some of them at right angles to the others. I like the effect.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I think Artoo's room must have influenced my color choice this week! Only realized it after the fact! Go Kermit!

    ReplyDelete
  19. The green bedroom is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Brings back some memories. I had green walls in my bedroom growing up. My Mom thought it was a little strange, but I liked it. the dresser looks great. Like the stripes challenge. The results are so varied and interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Finally got it in! Love the green room!

    ReplyDelete

tangle me some zen, baby!!