Monday, July 18, 2016

Weekly Challenge #276

Hey everyone, sometime around breakfast this morning i realized that it was Monday morning.  This road trip has me all discombobulated and i generally have no idea what day it is. I'm writing today's LATE post from my auntie's kitchen table in Hollister, CA

We had the Moebius Conference this past weekend, it was amazing
What a great lookin' family.

my and my good friend Kelsey

Tim and I enjoying a Spicy Margarita

 - and now we are on the long trek back home.  To date we have put over 3900 KM on our vehicle. (That's more than 2400 miles and we still have a few days to go)

We're all tired and ready for our own beds, i tell ya.

Weekly Challenge #276: "SpaceTruckin' - Moving tangles!"

This week's challenge is brought to you by motion.
As i have spent a lot of time hanging out in my van.

Luckily there's time for tangling when you're driving a long distance!

Me and my tanglin' tools in the passenger seat of my van on the I-5 to San Diego

Tangling on the go is totally doable, but there's a certain level of perfection you have to release in order to get 'er done.  

And that's okay.  Sometimes it's a good thing to let go of that perfection and let yourself relax.  "Embrace the Suck" as my good friend Elisa says.  


and it's not even that there was a lot of 'suck' but i had to change some of my strategies - like making my tangles larger, so that when the van shook it wasn't a sudden tragedy.  

So.  My lines are wobbly.  My tangles aren't perfect.  and that's totally okay. 

This week's challenge is to create your tile from something moving!  Maybe in the car (preferably not when you're driving) or the train, the subway, the bus, maybe a swingset, or a slide, or an airplane, or a rocketship!! Let's see how many cool moving things we can tangle on!  

When you comment - put where you tangled in all caps to make it easy to see.  


Have a great week!!


And if you're on the Zentangle Mosaic App, - i'm @iamthediva - come on by and follow me, and i'm going to be using hashtags on the app for each of my weekly challenges.  So if you're game use the hashtag #DC276 (Diva Challenge #276) for your tile this week!  You can also search in the app for people's contributions to the challenge by clicking on the hashtag from inside the app, or using the search function.  

If you have a blog or host your images on line (like on Flickr or Picassa or Pinterest), add the site-specific URL where your tile is posted to the linkey machine below! Don't forget to link back here so that others can join in the fun! (if you don't know how to find this, you can see my half assed tutorial here) Also, please feel free to come back often and visit the links of those people on the linkey machine - don't forget to leave a comment or feedback, everyone loves feedback. ;) 

12 comments:

  1. This challenge is going to be tough as I have been told to not walk on my leg with a bad knee I fell on, so I'm stuck in bed. Any ideas? I haven't been in a car since I went to the doctor. Hmm ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm pretty much mostly sitting on the couch depressedly watching the news on TV and trying not to use my tangling hand. Fortunately, as a travel blogger, I've accumulated zentangle tiles I did while traveling, so I've turned to the archives to share some I did on a Caribbean cruise and another done on a long haul flight from New York to Johannesburg, South Africa. Safe travels.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your tile Laura, well done in a moving car. I will probably not join the challenge this week (first time since I joined), because I don't know a place (this week) I can do it. Or .... I'll ask my husband to drive around just for the sake of tangling????
    Take care and enjoy the trip home.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wonder if it would work if you tangled while taking a walk in the garden. Ours is small so won't get far. It's still on the move!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a fantastic idea!!!! I'll try that tonight if the heat is a bit gone. Thank you so much!!!!!

      Delete
  5. Hi Laura - great photos of your fantastic family! A perfect challenge for me as I was happily tangling at 30,000 ft as I flew from MALAGA TO MANCHESTER last week. All the best. Axxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, er...where's the linkey machine gone??? Axxx

      Delete
  6. This was a tricky one since the only travelling I'm doing this week is the bus to and from work. I almost scrapped the whole thing but persevered;-) Happy trails!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this idea ... I think I get most inspired t tangle when I am out and about and have perhaps a little more vacant time to get lost in a tile. Enjoy the rest of your journey!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So glad you all had such a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  9. As soon as I saw this post, I thought of a tile I had done on a plane back in April. I remember starting with N'zeppel and then thinking I better use some more "wobble friendly" tangles going forward, which I did! Thanks for posting such fun and interesting challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well, I have not been a passenger one time this past week, so no opportunity to participate. Hope to jump back in next week. Welcome back to the real world!!

    ReplyDelete

tangle me some zen, baby!!