Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Travelling Tangles - Marguerite Samama

You can find this week's challenge here!

So, here's a bit of the Happy Mail i was telling you about on Monday.

On facebook there's a thriving community of Snail Mail revolutionaries who are swapping tiles with each other!  It had been my intention of joining in, when i learned about it, but then i was preparing for the Crazy Road Trip of 2016, and then in was ON the Crazy Road Trip of 2016, and then recovering from the Crazy Road Trip of 2016.

But, i did eventually get myself paired up with a swap partner - Marguerite Samama from the Netherlands and I swapped 2 partially completed tiles in the mail.

I was so happy to get started!

Here are the two tiles i received from Marguerite 
 Here's what i did with them!




and here's the little bijou!



It was so fun to finish a tile started by someone else - to collaborate with another artist on the other side of the world!!

Thanks Marguerite for your great starters!!

I have a small stack of happy mail on my kitchen table that i'm working my way through - i'll be sure to share them with you!

Have a great week, see you Monday!

13 comments:

  1. I love your finished pieces, especially the Arukas tile. The Travelling Tangles Project is really, really addictive. I agree that not only is it fun, the personal connection of the collaborative artwork is what makes this group so special. I hope we get the opportunity to swap some art;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Michele; the Arukas tile is gorgeous. You did a great job with echoing the Hibred that Marguerite had drawn on the right. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you've joined the happy mail bandwagon. It is so much fun! Love thes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, what a fantastic post. The best post around. Thumbs up
    Tiles Northern Ireland

    ReplyDelete
  5. I TOTALLY agree; this Travelling Tangles Project is SO much fun and also a learning experience, because it's so different to finish someone else's tile then one of your own. Who knows Laura, will there be a month that we swap :-) The tiles you show in this post are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am glad you joined this wonderful FB group. As you say it is fun and challenging finishing a piece of art started by someone else. I love what you did with my college dutch CZT, she is a wonderful gifted artist and teacher. I hope one day we will swap a piece of work too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wanna play too... how do I get on the list?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just search the group "Travelling tangles project" and ask for membership!

      Delete
  8. So happy you have joined the group Laura! Hope we will swap soon!😍

    ReplyDelete
  9. As much as I love the weekly challenges (can't wait for tomorrow! :-) ), I'm happy to see you post some more of your art on the blog. I like all the tiles, but especially the first one, Arukas is a great tangle! <3
    I'm also a member of the travelling tangles project and I can't wait to play some day, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i'm really glad you think so - i always wonder about posting more of my other un-challenge related art. ;)

      Delete
  10. These guys are absolutely amazing, and you'd be crazy to party anywhere else in the city. I would highly recommend this place to anyone. It's elegant, affordable, and delicious. You really get bang for your buck at venues Chicago! And the service is top-notch.

    ReplyDelete

tangle me some zen, baby!!