Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Travelling Tangles - Sabrina Kirjavainen

I hope you're enjoying these Wednesday Morning posts as i share my collaborations for the travelling tangles project.
You can See past posts here

The Travelling Tangles Project is a group on facebook wherein you pair up with another tangler - you send them a tile or two to complete and then they do the same!  It's like the best kind of mail ever.  Artsy Pen Pals!!

This week's collaboration was with Sabrina Kirjavainen from Finland!

She sent me such gorgeous beginnings - i had so much fun.

Before - from Sabrina

After - tangled and then coloured.  
I love the wonky huggins.  it's so much fun and has such a cool effect.  As for colouring, i just used my kid's leftover school supplies, good old Crayola Coloured Pencils! 

Before - from Sabrina
Sabrina used dyelusions ink spray to vibrantly colour this pre-strung zendala tile, and also used gold and white gelly roll pens - and a spirograph!  So fun!!

After! 
Outlining the white gellyroll betweed in the centre was so awesome... i really love how that turned out - so i kept with it and outlined the spirograph and filled in the spaces with black - instant drama!  I'm really super pleased with how this turned out, even though i couldn't see the pre-made string anymore and my attempts at symmetry are laughable.  ;)  

The last tile she sent was this one: 

Before - by Sabrina
This beautiful tile was pre marbled by the talented Diane Yaciuk before Sabrina added her touches and sent it on it's way.  Thank you for sharing your pretty tiles with me, Sabrina!

This tile was the trickiest of the three for me.  Some tanglers in the facebook group seem to have no troubles with coloured backgrounds, but i had a really hard time breaking away from the predestined string from the marbled paint!

after - by me!
It ended up being a bit busier than i anticipated, but all in all, i still think it's pretty wonderful!!

Thank you, Sabrina, for such great tiles!!

Stay tuned for Next Wednesday - and i'll show you the tiles i sent HER!

have a great week!
 -L- 

10 comments:

  1. wonderful tangles with gorgeous fall colors - i love them vey much - Gudrun S.

    ReplyDelete
  2. very nice travelingtiles, I like them all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are all so cool! I especially love the zendala.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for posting your traveling tangles. I love seeing all of the connections made around the globe. No language barriers when everyone speaks Zentangle! So much fun and so much inspiration. -Ce

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are all so beautiful! I struggle with coloured tiles too - I just received some mail from Sabrina this week, hope I can do mine as much justice as you have!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The colours in the first tile are gorgeous. Sabrina does such gorgeous work, doesn't she. I'm glad you had fun. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW, all so very well done by both of you. My favorite is te last one; so elegant, such great tangles.

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW, all so very well done by both of you. My favorite is te last one; so elegant, such great tangles.

    ReplyDelete
  9. All the tiles are lovely, but the very first one is outstanding, absolutely gorgeous. Well done...as you have already been told, lol.

    Joyce

    ReplyDelete
  10. my husband needed Category: Images several days ago and saw a business that hosts a huge forms library . If you are interested in Category: Images too , here's a http://pdf.ac/6C37Ji

    ReplyDelete

tangle me some zen, baby!!