Monday, September 12, 2016

Weekly Challenge #284

Happy Monday morning everyone.

We're slowly getting into the swing of back to school around here, although Artoo still does not like his full day of school, and sometimes says he wishes he could go back to kindergarten and go home after lunch.  The days are pretty long for him, and he comes home cranky and exhausted most days.

Chewie is really liking his grade three class so far, he has some friends in his class from last year, but a lot of new faces as well.

We went to Meet the Teacher night at school and both boys were really excited to show us around their classrooms.  One of things Artoo was really excited about showing B-rad was his desk, as they just had shared tables in kindergarten.

The boys also met their new piano teacher this week as well, and lessons start next week!

B-rad went off on his annual Harms Dudes Fishing trip this weekend.  Typically they go in June for Father's Day, but this year it only worked out to go now in September, so that meant that it was just me and the boys this weekend

PANCAKES FOREVER!!
But we still had Saturday Morning pancakes (a Casa Diva tradition) and Chewie went bowling - and we all went to my step-niece's baby shower together.  Just me and my two favourite little dudes against the world! haha

At the baby shower on Saturday i got to see this gorgeous beast!  My niece Meegan was celebrating her 19th birthday as well, and i don't see her NEARLY enough for my liking, but that's being a grown up for you.  (In Saskatchewan the 19th birthday is like the American 21st birthday.... so she had big plans)
We are adorable
And with B-rad out of town and Artoo tucked away in bed, Chewie and i had a movie date night and watched the first of the two Harry Potter 7 movies together, snuggled up on the couch with our wands and cloaks.  Chewie finally went to bed at 11:15pm, and he felt pretty grown up about that.

Wingardium LeviOHHHHsah
Needless to say, we were all glad when B-rad came home Sunday afternoon - he, sadly, did not have as great a fishing trip as previous years due to bad weather, but hopefully next year they'll do it in the spring again.

Weekly Challenge #284: "Monotangle to Tripoli"

It's been a while since we've done a monotangle challenge 'round here! The last one was 44 challenges ago! Almost a whole year!

A monotangle is a term that was coined here at CasaDiva  back in 2012 (by my loving hubs) to define a tile that is done using ONLY ONE TANGLE and/or it's variations/tanglations.

This week's challenge is to create a tile using ONLY the tangle Tripoli

You can find the step outs here

it's one of my faves, one of my Mac N Cheese tangles
Of the things to remember is to keep the spacing between your triangles as uniform as possible.  It's fun to see how each little segment on it's own creates a gorgeous pattern when segmented together with a few friends.

Have a great week!

And if you're on the Zentangle Mosaic App, - i'm @iamthediva - come on by and follow me, and i'm going to be using hashtags on the app for each of my weekly challenges.  So if you're game - use the hashtag #DC284 (Diva Challenge #284) for your tile this week!  You can also search in the app for people's contributions to the challenge by clicking on the hashtag from inside the app, or using the search function.  

If you have a blog or host your images on line (like on Flickr or Picassa or Pinterest), add the site-specific URL where your tile is posted to the linkey machine below! Don't forget to link back here so that others can join in the fun! (if you don't know how to find this, you can see my half assed tutorial here) Also, please feel free to come back often and visit the links of those people on the linkey machine - don't forget to leave a comment or feedback, everyone loves feedback. ;) 


16 comments:

  1. Thanks for the challenge with one of my favorite tangles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for getting me out of my comfort zone and helping me make amends with Tripoli. And petunias. So nice for you to have quality time with the boys. Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  3. I avoid Tripoli like the plague. Why? Suddenly today it's easy. Amazing what a few years of terror do LOL! Yours is really fun to look at with all the different elements.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for this challenge. I like Tripoli very much and I like your lovely tile also.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Always fun to play with tripoli, but I usually need some sort of nudge to actually use it on a tile. Thanks for the nudge. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Like Jean, I avoid Tripoli, because it's almost impossible for me to draw. I'll give it another (last!?) try with this challenge. Thanks for making me do that -:)
    I like your tile, you are soooooooo good with this tangle.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aha, I see I'm not the only one who is not totally in love with my ability to draw Tripoli. To that end, I cheated and posted a Tripoli monotangle I did last November. Why I dated it, who knows, but hey, here it is.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just learned Maryhill over the weekend and I've been doing it everywhere, I know this is supposed to be a mono tangle but what can I say it needed a background. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi! I'm Laura... new and nervous but also excited and happy to join. I love following all of you and certainly appreciate all the info and beautiful work.
    Here goes!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm another one who's always had Tripoli Phobia, but this time I think I (more or less) have it. Now I have pages and pages of it in my sketchbook -- it's kind of addictive! Thanks for the nudge! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I was just thinking yesterday I need to give tripoli a go lol!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hadn't realized there were so many of us Tripoli-Phobics. I think I found a way of drawing it that works for me so perhaps I will use it more in the future. Thanks for the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I hadn't realized there were so many of us Tripoli-Phobics. I think I found a way of drawing it that works for me so perhaps I will use it more in the future. Thanks for the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I also never realized that I wasn't the only one who has problems with Tripoli. Which is probably the reason I'm so late with this challenge. But I'm posting it anyway. Thanks for the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is definitely one of my faves.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your blog has always been a good source for me to get quality tips on blogging. Thanks once again Visit: The Tile Company

    ReplyDelete

tangle me some zen, baby!!