Monday, October 3, 2016

Weekly Challenge #287

Hey all,

This is going to be a short but sweet post - as Artoo is sick with his first honest to goodness cold of the school year.  Late nights and long days for the whole family.

Last Friday at school was the Terry Fox run  at my kids' school - and Chewie spoke in front of the the whole school about how Terry's goal was to raise one dollar for every Canadian.
he did so well, i was so proud

After the school assembly the whole school went outside and ran in honour of Terry Fox and all of those fighting cancer.  I was so lucky to be able to be there to watch them running, and to see the pride in their faces.
Artoo ran 1.5km in honour of my friend Angela who passed away this spring. Oh, my heart. 
Chewie ran 2.5km - some of it along side his little brother.  

Weekly Challenge #287: "UMT - Dreamcatcher by Daniel Lamothe"
And now here we are, the first Monday of October, so that means a Use My Tangle challenge (UMT)
 where we try our hand at one of tangles that you've created

I feel like Daniel's tangles are coming up quite frequently by the old random number generator - but i'm super happy this one popped up.  It's really quite beautiful, and easy, and looks amazing! i will most definitely be using this tangle again.

You can see the step outs for Dreamcatcher HERE

Here's my Dreamcatcher on an Artist Trading card that i used the Hefty Hack Technique to colour

For those of you who are new, the first Monday of every month is a Use My Tangle Challenge, where the challenge of the week is to use a tangle created by one of you!  If you have a tangle you'd like to submit you can add it here and be sure that it follows the guidelines for submission.


Have a great week!

And if you're on the Zentangle Mosaic App, - i'm @iamthediva - come on by and follow me, and i'm going to be using hashtags on the app for each of my weekly challenges.  So if you're game - use the hashtag #DC287 (Diva Challenge #287) for your tile this week!  You can also search in the app for people's contributions to the challenge by clicking on the hashtag from inside the app, or using the search function.  

If you have a blog or host your images on line (like on Flickr or Picassa or Pinterest), add the site-specific URL where your tile is posted to the linkey machine below! Don't forget to link back here so that others can join in the fun! (if you don't know how to find this, you can see my half assed tutorial here) Also, please feel free to come back often and visit the links of those people on the linkey machine - don't forget to leave a comment or feedback, everyone loves feedback. ;) 

18 comments:

  1. I've missed few Challenges because of surgery but have just done a marathon read to get back up to date. I hope Artoo is back on form soon and I'd like you to wish your parents a special congratulations from me, as I too had my fortieth wedding anniversary this week. May they, and we, have forty more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty tangling, Laura. Congrats to those adorable runners and I sure hope Artoo is well soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! Quick question... Are the UMTs intended to be monotangles? I've been doing your challenges of a few weeks now and really enjoy them.,Thank you for,didn't this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It has been a while. I am back after retiring for the 4th time. Can't get over how those boys of yours are growing. Must be the good clean Saskatchewan living. Hope Artoo's sniffles are just a little bump in his road.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Buys to be proud of, but that's something you already know (and are)!!!!! I love this tile of yours.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Buys to be proud of, but that's something you already know (and are)!!!!! I love this tile of yours.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well what do you know, I seem to be lucky right around now! Thanks so so SO much for making my tangle your challenge this week - I can't wait to see what everyone does with it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope everyone at Casa Diva is feeling better soon. Thanks to you and to Daniel for the challenge. I enjoyed it a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank´s for this new and beautiful challenge. Hope Artoo is feeling better soon! Maybe a Dreamcatcher over his bed will help! Dreamcatchers are special. And very beautiful. Thank´s to Daniel Lamothe for sharing this pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you for this lovely challenge and I really hope little Artoo will be better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Pretty tangle pattern! Hope your little one feels better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This was a fun challenge! I love this pattern! I'm a little obsessed now, actually. I'll be continuing to play with it the rest of the week :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great tangle. I really enjoyed this one.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Aamil Ms Jaferi ap ko farham kar rha hain Istikhara ki service jo ap dunya k kisi b hisa ma hasil kar sakta hain wo b bagar kisi fees k. Aamil sb Free Rohaniilaj b farham karta hain.
    Online Istikhara
    Free online Rohani ilaj
    Online Istikhara for Marriage
    Dua Istikhara for marriage in Urdu
    Free online rohani Wazaif
    Free taweez online
    Online Marriage Istikhara Service
    Love Marriage Problems
    Nori ilm
    Istikhara

    ReplyDelete

tangle me some zen, baby!!