Monday, October 17, 2016

Weekly Challenge #289

Good Monday Morning everyone!

First off, i want to wish my little man Artoo a very happy 6th Birthday yesterday!! It's so hard to believe that he is six years old already - these past six years have been simultaneously the longest and shortest six years of my life.

Saying Goodbye to being FIVE
On Sunday morning (his birthday), as the boys were crawling into our bed Artoo for a morning cuddle Artoo said: "Iiiiiiit's ME!! Six Year Old Artoo!"
Then Chewie asked: "What happened to Five Year Old Ozzie?"
and without missing a beat he replied: "He EXPLODED!"

LOL
Apparently, five year old Artoo exploded at midnight and 6 year old Artoo was in his place.  How awesome to think that when the year ends, the You of the past is gone and a fresh new You is in it's place.

Happy birthday, my incredibly creative little dude.

I don't have many photos to share this week, it was a very draining week for me - mostly because i've been getting up SUPER early to go to the gym before the boys start their day.... like, my class is at 5:30 am so i'm getting up at 4:30 - which i'm told will get easier as it goes along, but lordy, this week was tough for me.  I just feel so tired all the time.

the plus side is that i am home from the gym and drinking coffee in time to watch the sun rise.
the view from my back deck
Plus the weather has been grey, and rainy, and cold - all of that on top of our on again off again winter.  I know that eventually we'll all have to give in to Winter's freezing grasp... however the thick frost in the morning made for some pretty pictures
my flowers in my flower bed - they don't know what to think...
Weekly Challenge #289: "Leafy Goodness"
Okay, so maybe where i live, Mother Nature is not quite sure what to do with herself, and that's okay - but it is the middle of October, and we are full on in the Autumn/Fall season.  So this week's challenge is a Leaf/Autumn theme, very reminiscent of Challenge #186

If you live in a part of the world that is heading into spring, maybe you can find some beautiful leafy buds or brilliant greens to find inspiration!

For my tile, i used my very high tech method of drawing leaves - i pick leaves from the ground and lay them on the tile, and then carefully trace the whole darn thing.  Works like a charm.

SOPHISTICATED DRAWING TECHNIQUE! lol
I picked a few leaves, and i traced them into my zentangle Journal for later - but this leaf in particular really appealed to me, because of the dark edges, and because it's still mostly green.  This is what happens when it snows and rains and snows and rains on your green leaves, i guess.


Finito
I wanted to keep the dark edges, and so i just used Tipple on the inside of my leaf, in various sizes to indicated dark and light.

Have a great week everyone!

And if you're on Instagram or the Zentangle Mosaic App, - i'm @iamthediva - come on by and follow me, and i'm going to be using hashtags on the app for each of my weekly challenges. So if you're game - use the hashtag #DC288 (Diva Challenge #288) for your tile this week! You can also search in the app for people's contributions to the challenge by clicking on the hashtag from inside the app, or using the search function.

If you have a blog or host your images on line (like on Flickr or Picassa or Pinterest), add the site-specific URL where your tile is posted to the linkey machine below! Don't forget to link back here so that others can join in the fun! (if you don't know how to find this, you can see my half assed tutorial here) Also, please feel free to come back often and visit the links of those people on the linkey machine - don't forget to leave a comment or feedback, everyone loves feedback. ;)



19 comments:

  1. Happy belated birthday to the SIX year old!!!!!! I like the challenge and will go into the garden to find a beautiful leaf.
    So heroic of you to go to the gym 🏋🏻 at a time that most people turn on their other side in bed for a while!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy 6th Birthday, Artoo! I remember mine. I had a favorite green and yellow oufit, with the number 6 in circles. I couldn't part with it, so I wore it as pajamas when it got too small. I had it til I was at least 12. Ahhh, the good ol days.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday, Artoo! Who cleaned up the explosion?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Turning 6 was always a special birthday in our house when I was growing up because of the book of children's poems by A.A. Milne titled, "Now We are Six". https://www.amazon.com/Now-Are-Six-Winnie-Pooh/dp/0140361243 Maybe the boys would enjoy it. The leaves are just starting to change down here in the Mid-Atlantic of the US, but fall is my favorite time of year---other than spring---so, I hope I'll be inspired for this week's challenge. BTW, I am extremely impressed by your early morning work out. A less taxing option might be a work out DVD at home while the boys are at school. Jus' sayin'. You probably need your sleep!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Much happiness for a special lad for his big day! Thanks for the challenge. Always, c

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Artoo, SIX! Good job on the explosion.

    Fun Tangle, picked some leaves off the deck grabbed my water colours and had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Laura, I love your leaf!
    Happy birthday Artoo 🤖👍🏽🎂🎉

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday to Artoo. Congratulations to you for your efforts at the gym. It does get easier to get up at that time, and capturing the beauty of that time of morning is worth it (most of the time!). Love your leaf.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The last leaf challenge inspired one of my favorite zentangles I've ever done. This one is another one I really like. Thanks for a great fall challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! 530am. I used to go to work at that time. There are definite pluses and minuses to it. Enjoyed the challenge a lot :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy birthday to Artoo. It's very brave of you to get so early out of bed for going to the gym. Thank you for the nice pictures and the wonderful challenge. I like your tile very much!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this challenge and your sunrise and flower photos. Happy Birthday Artoo! Keep up the great work with going to the gym so early! I commend you for all the hard work you do. I appreciate your challenges so much.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Dear Laura, loooove your high tech leaf production :-)) and the travelling tangle Group. I would love to swap with you too ;-) Thanks for the weekly challenge and your heartful Posts. Huggi Bea

    ReplyDelete
  14. ... and happy birthday Artoo! :-) <3

    ReplyDelete
  15. Laura, thanks for your challenge this week...autumn leaves are one of my most favorite subjects for the season! I love your leaf with it's dark edges...nice technique! Happy belated birthday to Artoo! I had to laugh when I read that 5 year old Ozzie EXPLODED and 6 year old Artoo is now here. What an amazing kid! Your boys must both bring you so much pleasure - I know that mine do, even though they are considerable older (32 and 43). I don't know how you manage to make the gym that early, I used to get up around that time to go to work and hated every minute of it since I am such a night owl. Congratulations on your drive to stay healthy!

    ReplyDelete
  16. A belated Happy Birthday to Artoo.
    Living in the desert makes it hard to find an appropriate "Autumn" leaf. So I went online for my inspiration.
    Thanks again for these challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks a lot for this autumn challenge! I wish you a Happy Weekend!

    ReplyDelete

tangle me some zen, baby!!