Monday, October 31, 2016

Weekly Challenge #291

Spooky Morning one and all!!

This week at Casa Diva - i had the extreme pleasure of 'doing a zentangle' with my very handsome 6yo.   He was very studious about the whole process and wrote down all the steps in his notebook so he wouldn't forget.

Learning the ropes
"Zentangle practice
dots
border
string
Tangle
Chop"
 I seriously had all the prouds after that one, and the look of pride of his face makes my heart happy.
STRIKES!!
This weekend Chewie's bowling league had dress up bowling, for Halloween, and both Chewie and his friend E won prizes for their costumes.  They both even got strikes this week!  It was a happy time, indeed!

Today, being Halloween, the boys will dress up for school and have Halloween parties in their classroom - Artoo told me he wanted to be Spiderman, except he doesn't want to wear any costume, he just wants to wear regular Artoo clothes and have his face painted like Spiderman - okay.  i can do that.  And Chewie is going as a Skeleton.  So, i should have some fun pictures to share next week.  Stay Tuned!!

But here are the boys' jack o' lanterns! We carved the yesterday morning.  Each boy drew a face on their pumpkin and i helped them carve out the bits.  I think they did great jobs.

Two thumbs up
 Weekly Challenge #291: "Happy Halloween!"
For whatever reason, this year by boys have been going around shouting "Happy Hallowed Weenie" and then giggling hysterically.  Fortunately, for me, they were giggling about Hot Dogs.  So.  That's good. lol

This week's challenge is to create a Halloween themed tile.  (If that's not something you take part in or you're into, you can also do a white on black tile - and use a white gelly roll pen on a black tile, or other dark paper.)

Hello, Little Spider  
It's wasn't until i started writing my blog post that i realized that i also sort of did spiderwebs last week.  oops.  Oh well, it's a different tangle this time.  :)
For my tile, i used a black prestrung zendala tile, and i painted a bit of white fountain pen ink onto the middle sections and let it dry before tangling on it with my back micron, for the rest of the tile, i just used my gelly roll.

**remember** when using the white gelly roll, it helps to go slowly, and i find almost dabbing the ink onto the paper helps to keep it's opaque look.

I hope you all have a great halloween!

See you next week!

And if you're on Instagram or the Zentangle Mosaic App, - i'm @iamthediva - come on by and follow me, and i'm going to be using hashtags on the app for each of my weekly challenges. So if you're game - use the hashtag #DC291 (Diva Challenge #291) for your tile this week! You can also search in the app for people's contributions to the challenge by clicking on the hashtag from inside the app, or using the search function. 
If you have a blog or host your images on line (like on Flickr or Picassa or Pinterest), add the site-specific URL where your tile is posted to the linkey machine below! Don't forget to link back here so that others can join in the fun! (if you don't know how to find this, you can see my half assed tutorial here) Also, please feel free to come back often and visit the links of those people on the linkey machine - don't forget to leave a comment or feedback, everyone loves feedback. ;)

10 comments:

  1. My heart melts when I see Artoo's notes and tangles! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a sweet photo of Artoo with his Zentangle. Treasured memory. Congrats to Chewie on his strike! Interesting idea to put white ink on a black tile then tangle with black again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the white/black Betweed, then the black/white. That alone give it so much dimension! Plus I really like that little creepy crawly :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. those are THE GREATEST jack-o-lanterns on the planet. well done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cheerful pictures of happy boys and they did a great job with those pumpkins. But so did you Laura with this beautiful black/white tile!Thanks for a funny challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love those pumpkins!!!! And I love your tile even more. I had 'forgotten' that I had black zendala tiles and thanks to you I remembered and used one :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love all the pics and thanks for a fun challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the picture of Artoo and his Zentangle. And great that Chewie got a strike!
    When I saw the challenge, I was all set to do Halloween; but by the time I got around to do the tile, Halloween was over; so I opted for white on black. It's a Zendala using one of my tangle patterns.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your Black & white tile is so beautiful, Laura!
    I LOVE the photos from Artoo and his great Zentangle work & Chewie's bowling!

    ReplyDelete
  10. These jack o'lanterns are fantastic and the boys are cute!! I like the idea of white paint on black tile and paint over it with black Micron.

    ReplyDelete

tangle me some zen, baby!!