Monday, November 7, 2016

Weekly Challenge #292

Good Morning, i hope you're all adjusted to the Time Change that happened this weekend.  Here in Saskatchewan we don't actually observe the time change, so no changing of clocks happen around here.  Just to remind you - the challenge posts at 6AM Saskatchewan time, which i believe is currently in step with Central Time, not Mountain time.  please someone correct me if i'm wrong. There should be a little clock icon on the right side of your screen that shows the time where I am, if you're not sure.

Well, here we are - the first Monday of November, and the second last UMT of 2016!  

We had a pretty great week here - the boys have been on a sugar high since Monday.

Chewie was the Grim Reaper


Artoo was our friendly neighbourhood Spiderman
 The boys both had Halloween parties at school before we took them out Trick or Treating after supper. 
Best Photo bomb ever.
 The boys were super cute - Artoo was very excited to go get candy - and Chewie was very protective of him and helped him climb steps and ring doorbells, and was generally a really great big brother. 


TRICK OR TREAT

This is my most favourite photo of the whole night, Chewie with his arm around his brother,
So protective.

The weather this weekend was gorgeous - unseasonably warm for Saskatchewan in November, Saskatoon reached a high of 19C! (66.2F) and Artoo and i played outside drawing with chalk on the sidewalk, probably for the last time this year. 

This little man sat down next to me on Saturday and started practicing his lettering
The apple doesn't fall far from the tree...
 Artoo also helped me bake some cookies this weekend as well.  What a great little helper.


Mmmmmm.

Artoo and I had so much time together this weekend because Chewie spent most of the weekend bowling. 

Bowler of the Week!
Chewie got Bowler of the Week during his regular League play on Saturday - his prize was a free Pepsi and Fries from the cafeteria - he was pretty excited.  And then on Sunday he and his bowling team drove out of town for his FIRST EVER league Tournament.... and they came in Second! Out of 12 teams!

Sliver Medalists
 He was so excited to show me his medal when he got home, and i am pretty proud of him.
Here's hoping he continues to love bowling, he seems to really enjoy it. 


Weekly Challenge #292: "UMT - EAXY by Nadine Roller, CZT

For those of you who are new, the first Monday of every month is a Use My Tangle Challenge, where the challenge of the week is to use a tangle created by one of you!  If you have a tangle you'd like to submit you can add it here and be sure that it follows the guidelines for submission.

This week's Tangle is courtesy of Nadine Roller, a CZT from Germany- I first saw this tangle in a CZT group on Facebook.  I was delighted to find she had submitted it for a UMT.  In my opinion, this tangle embodies the 'magic' of zentangle - how a few small pen strokes creates a gorgeous complex looking pattern. 
You can find the step outs for EAXY here

I used a Renaissance tile for my piece this week,
 and a gold stardust gelly roll from Sakura, as well as a new to me navy blue coloured
Micron, and also my standard black micron and white gelly roll 

I would suggest trying it a little larger than i did, things got a little cramped for me by the end.  


Have a great week!

And if you're on the Zentangle Mosaic App or Instagram - i'm @iamthediva - come on by and follow me, and i'm going to be using hashtags on the app for each of my weekly challenges.  So if you're game - use the hashtag #DC292(Diva Challenge #292) for your tile this week!  You can also search in the app for people's contributions to the challenge by clicking on the hashtag from inside the app, or using the search function.  

If you have a blog or host your images on line (like on Flickr or Picassa or Pinterest), add the site-specific URL where your tile is posted to the linkey machine below! Don't forget to link back here so that others can join in the fun! (if you don't know how to find this, you can see my half assed tutorial here) Also, please feel free to come back often and visit the links of those people on the linkey machine - don't forget to leave a comment or feedback, everyone loves feedback. ;) 

11 comments:

  1. This tangle looks like a lot of fun. I like how you used it. Great Halloween pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Halloween Pictures! Your costumes all looked wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chewie is so grown up, isn't he? They look as if they are having a great time. I really like this pattern - it's not one I've tried before but I can see it becoming a favourite. Thank you for the introduction!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have made a wonderful tile with this special tangle.I'm always looking forward to the monday to know the challenge and to start my contribution. I agree with you that the pic of Chewie with his arm around Artoo is nice and touching.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have to tell you how excited I am about this challenge. I saw the pattern in the background of a tile a while back but couldn't find the step outs. Woo hoo!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are on Central Time, you were correct.

    This week's challenge is a doozy, lol. A really tough pattern for me...but I'll try.

    Joyce

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely photo's of two happy boys!! I'm going to try this tangle in a minute, good to do after a busy day in a training. Your tile is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the costumes! Such sweet guys.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great photos!
    Many thanks for the challenge! I enjoyed it very much!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Really cool costumes Laura <3 They look totally halloweeny :-)
    Wonderful challenge with a wonderful tangle pattern. I have missed the last challenges but could not miss this one. Thanks Laura <3

    ReplyDelete
  11. Reading other people's blogs I was a bit apprehensive about Eaxy but found if I drew a line above the sideways X's to where I wanted the top of my upright X to go it worked out OK for me. Until I did that I could only get in 3 rows before everything went kablooey! Thanks for getting us to trying new Tangles.

    ReplyDelete

tangle me some zen, baby!!