Monday, December 12, 2016

Weekly Challenge #297


Happy Monday Everyone

Last week Chewie had another choir performance, this time for his school.  The Christmas songs are so cute, and there's nothing like listening to 150 voices singing about the Hip Hop Reindeer pulling the cool old Santa Claus around.  lol

There's one more Choir performance this season, i believe.

There's my boy, front and centre in the green scarf - Row 1

Artoo and i did some paintint this week, and he decided to paint this awesome portrait of our Scout Elf

This is a painting of our elf Elfybulla

B-rad's work Christmas party was on Friday and when i picked the kids up from school Artoo had a bit of a fever - and so there was some frantic changing of plans... such is our life.  So, B-rad and i stayed for dinner and then left early.  but i did snap this cute pic

cute
He seems to be doing okay right now, but we're keeping our eye on him. 

as for our elf this is what he's been up to this week: 
Mr. Potato Head reading stories to Elfybulla and his buddies
Elfybulla knocked down all the movies on the shelf and then displayed these two...
 it's like he's trying to tell us something
the boys had a pretty bad day of yelling and misbehaving so Elfybulla took a day off and stayed home so the kids could think about their behaviour
He returned! He climbed up into the Christmas Tree and knocked some of the decorations down
He spent the day relaxing in Artoo's stocking
he went camping with some buddies in a tent made from a story book

He brought the boys some kid sized mugs and was going to make them some hot chocolate,
 but had some troubles with the marshmallows (So far this day has gotten the biggest laugh)
It's really been fun listening to the boys look through the house for Elfybulla and then laugh when they find him.  It's a bit of work to do every night, but so far it's been worth it.  

I'm really trying to soak in all the Christmas Magic i can, because i know that before i know it, and before i'm ready, the magic spell will be over...  but for now - Elves and Santa and reindeer and holiday magic!! 

Weekly Challenge #297: Holiday Bash!

i have been thinking about this week's challenge every day this past week - and i was having trouble coming up with something... so here's what i HAVE come up with.

I took a peek at what my previous year's last challenge of the year challenges have been.   To date they are
Dec 2015 - "Give the Gift of Zentangle"
Dec 2014 - "Keep it Simple Silly"
Dec 2013 - "Merry Happy"
Dec 2012 - "New Tangles and a Diva Dance"
Dec 2011 - "give"
Dec 2010 - "Weekly Challenge #1"

What's that you say? Weekly challenge number one was on December 20??? YES.  We are now officially six years old.  I have been coming back virtually rain or shine every week for over HALF A DECADE to bring you the weekly challenge.  What a ride it's been.

So this week's challenge, the last challenge of 2016 (I'll be back January 9th) is to revisit one of the previous year's challenges and do it again!

And here is my tile:
Happy Merry!
I've made a holiday wreath on a zendala tile - and i'd like to give this to one of you!  leave me a comment and tell me you'd like to win it.  I'll randomly select a winner over the holidays and announce it when we come back in January!

Happy Holidays everyone and a Happy New Year.  May you all have cups full of cheer, and ink in your microns!! 

If you love the challenge as much as i do, please consider leaving a tip (tip jar in the side bar).  I write this blog for free and have no plans to make it a paid for service in the future. 
 Buy me a cup of coffee, or a new Micron pen!! Click the tip jar on the side for a monthly tip, but if you just wanna throw a few bucks my way THIS LINK
will give you a one time option.    A very big thank you to those who have kept me in hot cups of joe. ;)



Lots of love from Casa Diva!

See you back here January 9th!
Laura

And if you're on the Zentangle Mosaic App or Instagram - i'm @iamthediva - come on by and follow me, and i'm going to be using hashtags on the app for each of my weekly challenges.  So if you're game - use the hashtag #DC297(Diva Challenge #297) for your tile this week!  You can also search in the app for people's contributions to the challenge by clicking on the hashtag from inside the app, or using the search function.  

If you have a blog or host your images on line (like on Flickr or Picassa or Pinterest), add the site-specific URL where your tile is posted to the linkey machine below! Don't forget to link back here so that others can join in the fun! (if you don't know how to find this, you can see my half assed tutorial here) Also, please feel free to come back often and visit the links of those people on the linkey machine - don't forget to leave a comment or feedback, everyone loves feedback. ;) 

33 comments:

  1. I would love to win your holiday wreath! Now, to decide which challenge to revisit.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on challenging us for 6 years, and thank you so much Laura, for inspiring us the way you do! I love your blog and what you give us.
    Happy Holidays and a bright New Year to you and your family!
    P.S. your tile is gorgeous :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh what fun to look back at your very first post and see names of people that I remember from way back. I have a feeling I will be spending the day looking back at their blogs to see what they are up to these days. Great idea for a challenge. Merry Christmas to you and your family, and thank you for giving of yourself to us all these years. I know we all look forward to reading about your family and seeing your new challenge each week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Laura for 6 years of challenges.
    I have enjoyed doing them and to see what others do with the same challenges. I think we all grew a lot because of them.
    I hope you and your family will have wonderful holidays and a bright New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Laura, although I have yet to participate in the challenges, I simply love reading the blog and looking at the results of each challenge. I'd like to encourage EVERYONE to support you and to add to the tip jar!!!! Thank you for all your hard work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, 6 years! It's really remarkable to me that this fabulous art form was around that long ago, but I had never heard of it. Congrats on 6 years of an outstanding job. Well done! I would love to win your beautiful wreath. Your beautiful artwork, energy, and time spent is such an inspiration for us all. I feel like I know your family, and I believe we all love hearing about the exciting things u guys get into. Happy Holidays to u and your loved ones, and all the fantastic artists following along each week. I look forward to seeing u in 2017.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, I would love to get your lovely tile. But, winning or not I love the idea. Hope Artoo will stay healthy now, so he can enjoy Christmas.
    Thanks, Laura for another year of challenges!!!!!! Have great hollidyas and take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wonder what happens if I give you a tip. Is it payment one time or monthly?

      Delete
    2. This is an excellent question! I believe the Tip Jar gives you the option to do a monthly tip, however this link https://www.paypal.me/LauraHarms will give you a one time option. :D

      Delete
  8. I don't know how you do this every week! I love stopping by and reading your blog and I feel like I know you and your whole family! I would like to say that I have been able to complete every challenge this year but alas, I am several months behind...but my goal is to have them all done by the time you come back in January! Merry Christmas to you and your family and thank you for all your hard work!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Of course I would like to win your beautiful zendala. Thanks for your blog - getting to know your family and for the challenges. Merry Christmas and happy new year.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you so much for creating your weekly challenges rain or shine for the past 6 years! You are greatly appreciated! I love participating in the challenges and looking at what others have done. Thank you for the inspiration!!! And oh yes, I would absolutely love to win your gorgeous holiday wreath zendala!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dear Laura, first of all: congratulations!! to your blog, to the challenge and to your absolute lovely family!
    I am so grateful because of your blog and the community behind it. I try not to miss any challenge and I counted about 77 times, beginning 2015.
    I would like to thank you with a donation, I sent some via Paypal to your email adress. Hopefully it will be successful.
    Many greetings from Dresden (Germany) with my best wishes for a perfect christmas season for you and your sweet family. Love, Simone

    ReplyDelete
  12. Even though I've only discovered Zentangle 2 years ago...and it took a lot of lurking before I gathered enough courage to participate in The Diva Challenge.... I have enjoyed every one I've done. Laura, you've challenged and inspired me to become a better tangler. And your family values inspires me to be a better person. Thank you! "HAPPY MERRY!" to you and your family! ....and I would LOVE to enjoy your Happy Merry wreath in my own home! xoxox Deanne :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you, Laura, for somehow finding the energy and inspiration to have posted weekly challenges for the past 6 years. I've enjoyed meeting other tanglers on your site. Best wishes to you and your family for a joyful Christmas and a happy New Year. I'm looking forward to following along on your family adventures next year and participating in your 2017(!) challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  14. YOU are the best present! Love everytime I open up your blog to see what stories and challenges you have generously gifted to the Zentangle community. Happy Anniversary, Laura and Merry Christmas to you and your family. �� Cheers! ��

    ReplyDelete
  15. It has been a pleasure tangling and following your journey with your family, especially your children. Congratulations on the 6th anniversary of I am the Diva. Enjoy the break and see you in 2017.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This Zendala is beautiful!!! May you have a blessed Christmas Season!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Zippity do da! Congratulations and thank you for being so delightful!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thank you so much for all you do here. Huge Congrats on 6 inspiring years.
    These challenges have been the foundation of almost everything I've created since discovering Zentangle a little over 3 years ago. I've so enjoyed keeping up with you and your lovely family. I would love to get my mitts on that Zendala!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. 6 years! Congratulations and a HUGE Thank You for inspiring and motivating us! I would love to have a Laura Harms Zendala, so please add me to the list. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and your wonderful family!

    ReplyDelete
  20. My first Zentangle challenge! I'm excited...I don't know what I want to win, so I'll opt out!

    ReplyDelete
  21. And, I messed up my linking. #13 with my name only goes to my website not the blog where I'll post the challenge. I'm not sure how to delete it. I apologize!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Congratulations on 6 years of blogging and inspiring us and building community! I really appreciate all the work that goes into this blog. Your love of your family and Zentangle is wonderful and I'm so glad to have found you! I'm so excited that I'm going to become a CZT in 2017!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thank you Laura, for a wonderful year with your weekly challenges! I´m looking for your challenges in 2017!
    Have a wonderful Christmas season!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Thank you for all the joy you bring every week. Many blessings on you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Thank you Laura, for all your hard work and dedication to this blog. I started tangling in 2014 and have followed your blog since I first came across it. Thanks to you, I have met fellow tanglers here in Utah and become friends with a number of people online that share this wonderful obsession. Thank you for sharing your family with all of us and most of all, thank you for just being you. I have followed your blog and attempted many of the challenges, even though I don't always post. Have a wonderful holiday season and I look forward to seeing everyone in 2017 again!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Congrats on 6 years, Laura! I have had a lot of fun with your challenges. It's fun to look back and see the progress made. What I have enjoyed the most though has been watching your boys grow and your wonderful family. Thanks so much for taking time out of your busy life to keep us challenged every week!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Very good article! We will be linking to this great article on our
    website. Keep up the great writing.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Holy cow! Six years? I feel so bad for not visiting and participating! I'm glad to connect and look forward to the challenges in 2017. One question, did you cry at the Christmas pageant? 😊

    ReplyDelete
  29. Congratulations on 6 fun filled years! Thank you so much for challenging us each week! I hope that you had a joyous holiday season!

    ReplyDelete
  30. I was away over Christmas and was patiently waiting for the next challenge when it suddenly hit me I never did this one! Duh. I based mine on #1, keeping it simple and a stripe was one of my first Tangles that I really liked. Six years, wow!

    ReplyDelete

tangle me some zen, baby!!